PDA

View Full Version : NSO marriage certificate

cg.tj
3rd August 2008, 15:19
hi everyone, nice to be back in the forum again...just want to ask , does anyone know how to obtain the marriage cerificate from NSO quicker?? The info i got said it will take 3 weeks to a month before we can have it and we're hoping we can lodge our application for spouse visa sooner...many thanks

PeterB
3rd August 2008, 16:18
The advice we received was that it can take a year, or more, before you can get your marriage certificate on official NSO stationery. The way to shorten this is to request 'electronic endorsement'. From that point it will take four weeks. There doesn't seem to be any way of getting it processed more quickly than this.

aromulus
3rd August 2008, 17:06
hi everyone, nice to be back in the forum again...just want to ask , does anyone know how to obtain the marriage cerificate from NSO quicker?? The info i got said it will take 3 weeks to a month before we can have it and we're hoping we can lodge our application for spouse visa sooner...many thanks

The quicker way.............

A_flyer
3rd August 2008, 17:16
Sorry but what do you mean exactly?

1) is it the time for the marriage (done in the Philippines) to be recorded at NSO to get a NSO certificate? Yes it can be long, you have to see with the local register to have it expedited quickly to NSO to shorter the time, but it can take some weeks to some months.

2) or to get the paper, you can either get it directly at NSO offices or some travel agencies can process it for you or you can order it on Internet via www.e-census.com.ph (http://www.e-census.com.ph) and it's rather quick to get (depend if you're in the Philippines or abroad)... if previously recorded there.

cg.tj
3rd August 2008, 18:23
thank you all guys for the info...:)

angel2008
4th August 2008, 01:44
if you know somebody in your local registrar, ask help. I got my Nso marriage cert in just two weeks. I have auntie working in the registrar and she said it takes 1 month before they submit the doc to the NSO and what she did was she made endorsement to the NSO and got it in 2 weeks. and got the 2nd copy through NSO online and delivered to our house.

menchkin
4th August 2008, 01:54
I got married last May 25, 2008. Then my husband and I filed our marriage certificate in Pasay City LCR 3 days after our wedding. We went back the following day to get our personal copy with the registry number stamped already and that same day we requested for an early endorsement to NSO. We just paid 75 pesos for the LBC courier. Then after 3 weeks of waiting we finally got our NSO marriage certificate. :)

pennybarry
4th August 2008, 07:59

Try to go to oldest/main branch NSO in Sta. Mesa, bring your marriage cert, ask endorsement letter from the local municipality where you first registered your cert. Go straight to Office of Directors and show your endorsement letter. You can get it in the same day.
Director's Office was very accommodating when I did that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stuartfarm
4th August 2008, 08:56
You can apply for spouse visa with just the LRO ( Local Registar Office ) certificate , you dont need the NSO one

menchkin
4th August 2008, 09:02
You can apply for spouse visa with just the LRO ( Local Registar Office ) certificate , you dont need the NSO one

The British Embassy now requires NSO SECPA of marriage certificate. They no longer accepts the copy from LCR. This is what the UKVAC call center agent told us when we phoned them prior to our application. :)

Cheryl Tyndall
4th August 2008, 09:22
You should get a copy of the marriage certificate from the municipal office where you got married. There is usually a representative from NSO going there to collect the documents, they usually stamped the request copies at the municipal office. YOU MUST MADE A REQUEST FIRST

SephEan
6th August 2008, 07:40
there is no way, but to wait..i've been there.. just wait.. good luck!!

grate-britte
6th August 2008, 23:08
Yes, stuartfarm is right. You don't need NSO paper certificate. Here is a reply by VFS Manila that I received one month ago:

"Greetings from UK VAC! The British Embassy recommends applicants to submit marriage certificate on NSO paper. However, a copy of your marriage certificate from the Civil Registrar will be accepted."

grate-britte
6th August 2008, 23:16
Sorry, I think menchkin has the up-to-date info because she applied 4 weeks more recently. However my wife did get her NSO Secpa certificate about 2 weeks after the marriage in June this year.

stuartfarm
7th August 2008, 09:26
Sorry, I think menchkin has the up-to-date info because she applied 4 weeks more recently. However my wife did get her NSO Secpa certificate about 2 weeks after the marriage in June this year.

Hmm

menchkin applied in May and you applied in June so I think your info is more up to date

Its like everything offical in da phills - dont rely on what just one person tells you , ask the same question many times , you'll get a different answer everytime

A_flyer
7th August 2008, 10:19
In general Embassies do not rely only on marriage certificate from local authorities, they usually verify at NSO the reality of the marriage (and may do also some more investigations).
So it's always better to have it recorded there quickly and have the proof of the record with the NSO Sepca copy.

cg.tj
1st September 2008, 04:18
thank you all guys for the answers..sorry for the overdue reply, just back from honeymoon and then sorting out documents for the visa..Loads of thank you from us..

menchkin
1st September 2008, 05:10
thank you all guys for the answers..sorry for the overdue reply, just back from honeymoon and then sorting out documents for the visa..Loads of thank you from us..

Congratulations on your wedding!!! :BouncyHappy:

vbkelly
1st September 2008, 10:04

i did mine like this 21 of january wedding in BOHOL ,22of jan.i'd dropped my hubby in manila back to Uk,24jan.im back to BOHOL,29jan went to local registry to get my MC me personally send it to NSO by express delivery,31jan.back to manila then went to NSO monday 2nd feb.i got my MC.

Ana_may365
1st September 2008, 13:43
we get our M.C. 2 weeks after we get married in phils.