PDA

View Full Version : fares from manila

grant
4th August 2008, 10:00
hello im grant waiting om my wifes visa should have soon, well hope so heheheh. looking for good site to get one way fare from manila to manchester. any tips on getting, or any good websites on airliners, very expensive at the moment. best price i can find is about 500pounds

aug06_2006
4th August 2008, 13:42
Hi, just try to have a look this sites dialaflight.com and opodo.com.uk

ca143
4th August 2008, 14:40
hello im grant waiting om my wifes visa should have soon, well hope so heheheh. looking for good site to get one way fare from manila to manchester. any tips on getting, or any good websites on airliners, very expensive at the moment. best price i can find is about 500pounds
try last minute.com

joebloggs
4th August 2008, 14:43

probably better if you ask your misses to go to the malls, and get her to ask in the travel agents for the cost of a one way ticket, then send her the money, its probably cheaper than what you will find on a website, also you will find on many sites the person who buys the ticket with a credit card has to also be with you.

grant
4th August 2008, 16:21
cheers my friend

grant
4th August 2008, 16:22
cheers thank u

grant
4th August 2008, 16:23
thanks i will inquire about that

GaryFifer
4th August 2008, 16:30
Why manchester?Grant is she flying to Scotland at Edinburgh?KLM go there.

grant
4th August 2008, 16:36
well her aunt lives in preston, so we decided to get flight to there manchester. i can go down there with car stay with her aunt , then pick her up from manchester. flew from glasgow and edinburgh with klm when i went over twice. there good airline. but wow there expensive now. maybe we can chat u can get me on yahoo. jetbrownblue@yahoo.com cheers add me

amyburple
4th August 2008, 18:58
According to my hubby KLM is cheaper compare to other airlines and it's way cheaper!
Cheers^^, :Hellooo:

Sconnie
4th August 2008, 20:34
Hi Grant just booked a one way flight from Manila KLM £700

5olidsnake
4th August 2008, 20:42
make sure your wife has money for taxes at Manila airport, if you brought the ticket online from UK.

if your wife has brought in the mall or travel agent in Philippines tax is included.

can not remember how much the tax is, but we got stung on the return journey last time and i nearly didn't have enough pesos

grant
5th August 2008, 16:57
ouch. but its worth every pennie.

grant
5th August 2008, 16:58
ic thanks very much my friend

5olidsnake
5th August 2008, 17:14
think off the top of my head
was 1620 php tax for filipino citizen

then 750php each airport tax

just had enough , we had given all our left over money to our family.
but lucky had enough, couldn't even buy a drink after waiting

scott&ligaya
5th August 2008, 17:20
Ethiad are on at £460 one way to Manchester, sample date was 19th Aug via ZUJI.COM Singapore site BUT there is 6 hr stop over in Abu Dhabi from 2045 to 0215am, you migt want to try Ethiad direct with your exact date

good luck

Scott

joebloggs
5th August 2008, 18:27
Hi Grant just booked a one way flight from Manila KLM £700

:yikes:, i'ts only a couple of months ago, that i bought a one way ticket from my stepson from manchester to manila using singapore, and i thought that was expensive at £400 :doh

lady n black
5th August 2008, 22:42
hi!
try expedia.co.uk.

A_flyer
6th August 2008, 08:00
:yikes:, i'ts only a couple of months ago, that i bought a one way ticket from my stepson from manchester to manila using singapore, and i thought that was expensive at £400 :doh
Months ago... fuel surcharge ... was low .... compare to today situation... :cwm24:

rikyandnina
6th August 2008, 13:05
did you consider flying via bangkok or hongkong? last time we flew from manchester to bangkok and just caught a cebu pacific flight to manila. cost was very competitive and we had a mini break rolled into the trip so value for money. But because its high season now, your lucky if you get anything less than £400. :omg: we are in the same boat 'cos we're just waiting fr our children's visas to come through anytime now and i'm bracing myself for when i call the airlines... on another thought try going to etihad's website, you can buy a ticket direct from them and email the electronic ticket to your sweetie... etihad is fab fab fab... i'll always fly with them. :)

grant
7th August 2008, 20:28
thanks my friend

doonat
8th August 2008, 04:15
i've searched every travel agency and price range is 35k-100k, just so lucky i got mine for Php30,000 yesterday. flight is on the 16th, etihad airways.

due to the fuel surcharge as of this week i found out cathay pacific is now much cheaper than KLM.

manila to london prices as of this week:
etihad = 30k - 40k :xxgrinning--00xx3:
cathay x british air = 35k - 45k
cathay = 40k - 55k
KLM = 50k - 70k
thai / brunie = 50k up
eva air = 100k :yikes:

nomorericepleas
8th August 2008, 10:13
when i search for prices to philippines, always etihad and more often than not qatar come out the best two companies for return tickets. don't know if it will be the same for one-way, don't see why not.

i visited 6 times and every time i used qatar airways cos i got the best deal with them to manchester. etihad are not far behind. sometimes KLM are not too far away but usually not in the same ballpark for a low price.

gaius
18th August 2008, 04:37
Is Etihad a nice plane too? why is it so cheap?

A_flyer
18th August 2008, 11:51
Is Etihad a nice plane too? why is it so cheap?
Do you think they pay the fuel as high as us ? when you fill a long range aircraft with 100 or 150tons of fuel you can feel the difference.

jimeve
18th August 2008, 11:59
Do you think they pay the fuel as high as us ? when you fill a long range aircraft with 100 or 150tons of fuel you can feel the difference.

They fill up in middle east, cheaper there. :icon_lol:

A_flyer
18th August 2008, 12:02
They fill up in middle east, cheaper there. :icon_lol:
exactly! they do not pay 1£/liter...

grate-britte
23rd August 2008, 23:15
think off the top of my head
was 1620 php tax for filipino citizen

then 750php each airport tax

just had enough , we had given all our left over money to our family.
but lucky had enough, couldn't even buy a drink after waiting

I read elsewhere about the 1620php IMIGRATION fee in addition to airport tax. My Filipino wife is EMMIGRATING to the UK. When she visited me last year she didn't have this tax and she travelled on an e-ticket I bought on the net. Anyone know if this fee applies?

andypaul
23rd August 2008, 23:40
Well the missus when she left to move to the uk had to pay the tax, it was including in the air fare bought in phill.

When she returned as she was leaving abroad she had to pay just 200 pesos to say she didn't need to pay the 1620 pnp but had to pay the 750 php airport tax.

I think if you are a phill who lives abroad you dont need to pay but if your a phill resident you do.

But when the missus got her stamp last time i was with her no one checked it as far as we could tell.

A_flyer
24th August 2008, 08:55
I read elsewhere about the 1620php IMIGRATION fee in addition to airport tax. My Filipino wife is EMMIGRATING to the UK. When she visited me last year she didn't have this tax and she travelled on an e-ticket I bought on the net. Anyone know if this fee applies?
It's not an immigration fee as you pay it when you have to leave the Philippines (so mostly when emigrating...).
If settled abroad, you pay P200 exemption fee instead of the P1620 travel tax.

By Law, all Filipino citizen are required to pay the travel tax unless they can benefit of the travel text exemption (fee is P200 in this case).

Everything is explained here: http://www.philtourism.gov.ph/ttax.html

If the airline let her board the plane directly with your eticket, this mean you already paid it (look at the tax details on the e-ticket). If not they refuse the check-in and send you to pay it at the Travel Tax desk in the terminal.

A_flyer
24th August 2008, 08:57
But when the missus got her stamp last time i was with her no one checked it as far as we could tell.
No big check needed, it's indicated on the ticket or e-ticket in the tax details part...

andypaul
24th August 2008, 10:12
No big check needed, it's indicated on the ticket or e-ticket in the tax details part...

From what i remeber the wife had some bit of paper given to her which she forgot to hand over and the lady never asked for it, i couldn't see anything stamped on the ticket. Although wasn't really looking that hard to tell you the truth. As we were flying cathay and because we had the marco polo tags on our bags we were put though business class in about 5 mintues instead of waiting in the loooooong queue right near where the tax counter is.

I would have thought they marked the ticket but just dont remeber seeing anything different on hers to mine.

A_flyer
24th August 2008, 11:16
From what i remeber the wife had some bit of paper given to her which she forgot to hand over and the lady never asked for it, i couldn't see anything stamped on the ticket. Although wasn't really looking that hard to tell you the truth. As we were flying cathay and because we had the marco polo tags on our bags we were put though business class in about 5 mintues instead of waiting in the loooooong queue right near where the tax counter is.

I would have thought they marked the ticket but just dont remeber seeing anything different on hers to mine.
Read carefully what I wrote, it's not a stamp, it's indicated in the tax details of the ticket.
How you think they know you pay or not the travel tax at the check-in? just by looking at the ticket... it's indicated! but of your you will not see a phrase saying "this passenger have already paid the travel tax". But theres' a code telling this.

If you pay it at the airport at the travel desk countrer, you get a receipt you have to give at check-in. That's why you need to pay it before check-in.

andypaul
24th August 2008, 12:23
Read carefully what I wrote, it's not a stamp, it's indicated in the tax details of the ticket.
How you think they know you pay or not the travel tax at the check-in? just by looking at the ticket... it's indicated! but of your you will not see a phrase saying "this passenger have already paid the travel tax". But theres' a code telling this.

If you pay it at the airport at the travel desk countrer, you get a receipt you have to give at check-in. That's why you need to pay it before check-in.

thats why the missus had a receipt in her hand they never looked at and i couldn't see anything on the ticket:D

A_flyer
25th August 2008, 17:59
thats why the missus had a receipt in her hand they never looked at and i couldn't see anything on the ticket:D
I found the code, it's indicated near "XT" tag, often it's "XT 1620PH".

A_flyer
25th August 2008, 18:04
For those not happy with airport taxes, look at this true case:

I tried to book a round-trip flight London <-> New-York with British Airways as an example: Fare one way is 24£ (not bad) but...

Fare (A1): BA LONhttp://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/images/plain-arrow.gifNYC OXRCUK9 fare £24.00
Fare (A2): BA NYChttp://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/images/plain-arrow.gifLON OXRCUK9 fare £24.00
Tax: USDA APHIS Fee $5.00
Tax: US Immigration Fee $7.00
Tax: US Customs Fee $5.50
Tax: United Kingdom Air Passengers Duty £40.00
Tax: United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge £19.70
Tax: US International Arrival Tax $15.40
Tax: BA YQ surcharge £161.00
Tax: US International Departure Tax $15.40
Tax: US September 11th Security Fee $2.50
Tax: US Passenger Facility Charge $4.50

Total for 1 adult passenger: £298.50

The total price to pay is ... :yikes: 298.5£, so 250.5£ for taxes and fuel surcharge for an initial fare of 48£... Incredible!

And same dates an example for a round-trip to Manila with Gulf Air:

Fare (A1): GF LONhttp://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/images/plain-arrow.gifMNL L8WUK4A fare £187.50
Fare (A2): GF MNLhttp://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/images/plain-arrow.gifLON K8WUK4A fare £212.50
Tax: United Kingdom Air Passengers Duty £40.00
Tax: United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge £19.70
Tax: GF YQ surcharge £131.00

Total for 1 adult passenger: £590.70

So total of taxes is only: 190.7£ (on which a Filipina should add the P1620 travel tax and the P750 airport tax). So the total is around 218.5£

So it's less expensive (in taxes) to go to Manila than New-York...