PDA

View Full Version : sponsorship undertaking

jainaewen
10th August 2008, 23:46
hello ! am goin to apply for fiancee visa , do i need to submit sponsorship undertaking?

menchkin
11th August 2008, 01:57
For settlement visa, you'll be required to submit the sponsorship undertaking form along with the support letter. :)

marylen
11th August 2008, 02:29
huh really... i dont even submit a sponsorship undertaking which i thought its only required for other dependants like your parents, brother, sis, uncles or any other dependants who sponsored you to settle in the uk which that belong to other dependants aside from fiance, spouse.......................clarrify this please...................

marylen
11th August 2008, 02:33
here is what sponsorship undertaking means provided for:

Applications from parents, grandparents, and other dependant relatives under Rule 317 of the Immigration Rules must be accompanied by a signed understaking from the sponsor. The sponsorship undertaking is available online in the family members guidance (INF 6) on the ukwebsite or from your visa application centre.

Do you guys think fiancee and spouse visa need one? i didn't submit any which i thought i am not under into that catergory and none on the UKVACS ask me to provide one which she even inspect all my documents one by one...please enlighten me with this.

menchkin
11th August 2008, 02:35
huh really... i dont even submit a sponsorship undertaking which i thought its only required for other dependants like your parents, brother, sis, uncles or any other dependants who sponsored you to settle in the uk which that belong to other dependants aside from fiance, spouse.......................clarrify this please...................

When I called the UKVACS call center agent prior to my application submission, I was told that sponsorship undertaking form must also be submitted for spouse visa application. So, I asked my husband to fill out the said form.

marylen
11th August 2008, 02:38
gosh right.....anyone here submitted the same...? please let me know...................thats a bad side on me.....i just submitted my application last friday aug 8, 08 and no sponsorship undertaking really....

menchkin
11th August 2008, 02:51
I suggest that you phone the UKVACS Call Center to clarify if fiancée/spouse visa really requires the sponsorship undertaking form. I am only sharing what I was told to submit during the time I inquired with them. :)

PAT
11th August 2008, 05:41
Hello menchkin, I've been calling UKVACS Call Center using my mobile phone but I couldn't get through, did you call them by land line?....Here are the numbers that I tried: For PLDT 1-909-885-VISA- (8472), Bayantel 1-903-847285 are these correct?...please help me, thank you in advance.....God bless

menchkin
11th August 2008, 05:51
Hello menchkin, I've been calling UKVACS Call Center using my mobile phone but I couldn't get through, did you call them by land line?....Here are the numbers that I tried: For PLDT 1-909-885-VISA- (8472), Bayantel 1-903-847285 are these correct?...please help me, thank you in advance.....God bless

Yes, called them via PLDT landline. I did not have any problem calling the number. The way I did it was I dialled "82" (to access toll number) first before the 1-909-885-VISA- (8472). Hope this helps.... :)

PAT
11th August 2008, 05:57
Thank you for the immediate response menchkin,its very much appreciated.

menchkin
11th August 2008, 06:00
Thank you for the immediate response menchkin,its very much appreciated.

You're very much welcome!!! :BouncyHappy:

trina
11th August 2008, 07:39
When I called the UKVACS call center agent prior to my application submission, I was told that sponsorship undertaking form must also be submitted for spouse visa application. So, I asked my husband to fill out the said form.

before i lodge my application...i went personally to UKVACS to asked regarding that sponsorship undertaking...because i was so confused about it and the lady that i spoke to told me that..i don't need that sponsorship undertaking it's because I'm already the wife of the British national...

menchkin
11th August 2008, 07:52
before i lodge my application...i went personally to UKVACS to asked regarding that sponsorship undertaking...because i was so confused about it and the lady that i spoke to told me that..i don't need that sponsorship undertaking it's because I'm already the wife of the British national...

Well, apparently we received different answers to the same question regarding the sponsorship undertaking form. I also made it clear that I’m applying for a spouse visa of a British nationale. It wouldn’t hurt if you submit the said document along with the other supporting docs. Just my thought…. :)

marylen
11th August 2008, 07:58
ye anyway i can seems feel that we both have the same confusion so whatever it maybe we hoping for the best of our own..................wish us luck.................

jainaewen
11th August 2008, 20:13
thanks menchkin! im gonna try call the ukvacs sometime.

Ady
16th December 2008, 16:56
I sometimes wonder how good they are in the VFS.

We checked before we applied, is the Sponsorship Undertaking Form required for my spouse and her daughter. We were told no. When my gf arrived at VFS, she was told that "Yes, this is required" which meant she had to go back :-(

We were also told that my gf would be the sponsor of her daughter coming here to the UK (They are applying together), only to be told at the VFS that I would be the sponsor for her daughter too (which is what I felt initially).

simplelife
16th December 2008, 22:21
I sometimes wonder how good they are in the VFS.

We checked before we applied, is the Sponsorship Undertaking Form required for my spouse and her daughter. We were told no. When my gf arrived at VFS, she was told that "Yes, this is required" which meant she had to go back :-(

We were also told that my gf would be the sponsor of her daughter coming here to the UK (They are applying together), only to be told at the VFS that I would be the sponsor for her daughter too (which is what I felt initially).

Yes you are right, your Fiancee can not be a sponsor for her daughter because she has not yet settled in the UK.