PDA

View Full Version : status of my passport

marylen
11th August 2008, 07:07
Hey guys just something to ask about....i sent my visa application last friday August 8,2008 and I was given a reference number to check online regarding the status of my said application.

I tried to check the status of my passport on their website just today Monday the system change to as "your visa application has been forwarded now to the british high commission 11 Aug 2008" does it mean my documents already sent to Embassy where the decission is to be made...? I wonder how long it takes to have the result after those message appeared on....I really hope everything went fine after all.......what would be the next step probably then......?

menchkin
11th August 2008, 07:40
Yes, it means that your application is with the British Embassy Manila already. You have to wait for 10 weeks (average) to get an update on the result of your application. I’m on my 3rd week of waiting now and my application status remains to be “Your application has been forwarded to the British High Commission”.

angel2008
11th August 2008, 10:29
Im on my 8th week, still same status as before .

LadyJ
11th August 2008, 10:30
Goodluck to y'all guys!

Sconnie
11th August 2008, 12:58
Hey guys just something to ask about....i sent my visa application last friday August 8,2008 and I was given a reference number to check online regarding the status of my said application.

I tried to check the status of my passport on their website just today Monday the system change to as "your visa application has been forwarded now to the british high commission 11 Aug 2008" does it mean my documents already sent to Embassy where the decission is to be made...? I wonder how long it takes to have the result after those message appeared on....I really hope everything went fine after all.......what would be the next step probably then......?

Your documents have been passed to the embassy for processing, you can track your status every day, every hour, it will not change to tell you anything until the process is complete and your passport and documents are ready for collection, as has already been said this process has been taking about 10 weeks.

I hope you don't have to wait as long as this good luck and God speed with your aplication.....

Ann07
11th August 2008, 13:13
Goodluck to all of u:D

Piamed
11th August 2008, 19:19
All the best to those that are waiting. You'll get through it.

Ady
11th August 2008, 19:23
Good luck to all. I have to say that the status will not change. We experienced that when we applied for a visitor visa 2 years ago. It always says that status until the last step.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

SephEan
11th August 2008, 19:45
You'll get through it, just like Piamed said.. Goodluck!! Prayer really helps! I can't wait to hear the good news from you soo.

alicat
12th August 2008, 08:07
goodluck to all.

Diwata
14th August 2008, 14:56
best of luck to all!

xebec
14th August 2008, 18:54
Regular communication does not seem to be part of the British Embassy's agenda.

From our experience the online status will remain the same until a decision has been made. At that stage it will simply change to a request to contact VFS to collect your documents (or an indication that your documents have been despatched). The status will not be updated to say you have the visa.

My fiance also got a text message at the same time the status changed - again only saying that she should contact VFS.

I imagine the update will be slightly different if called for interview

telford
15th August 2008, 01:53
I remember when I apply for my visa way back 2006, I logged my application at UKVACS 03 Oct, on the 4th status is forwarded to the embassy and 5th of Oct its dispatch... I was so scared coz I thought I was been denied coz why they dispatch it too soon. I panic a lot and I keep on calling 2go and trace my parcel. I cant even wait for the 2go to deliver my documents, I wait for the parcel at their office in the airport. But when I look at my passport,I already got my visa. I was really crying coz I'm so happy and I rang my husband right away :) at the same day I buy my ticket and fly to the UK on the 13th:)

menchkin
15th August 2008, 08:53
I remember when I apply for my visa way back 2006, I logged my application at UKVACS 03 Oct, on the 4th status is forwarded to the embassy and 5th of Oct its dispatch... I was so scared coz I thought I was been denied coz why they dispatch it too soon. I panic a lot and I keep on calling 2go and trace my parcel. I cant even wait for the 2go to deliver my documents, I wait for the parcel at their office in the airport. But when I look at my passport,I already got my visa. I was really crying coz I'm so happy and I rang my husband right away :) at the same day I buy my ticket and fly to the UK on the 13th:)

Wow!!! That’s really fast. :) How I wish the processing time for settlement visa application right now would return to how it was during your time (waiting is just a few days instead of weeks!!!!). :bigcry: :bigcry: :doh :doh