PDA

View Full Version : It's driving me crazy

LadyJ
11th August 2008, 09:54
OK I'm a bit confused about whether to use indicator or not when passing a stationary car/bus etc.

My driving instructor told me that it's not necessary to use indicator when passing a stationary car/bus specially when there's a left/right turn road and she also told me that the examiner will failed me if I indicate when passing a stationary bus while there's a left/right turn road.

I've spoken to a friend of mine who just passed his practical driving test and he said that I must use indicator when passing a stationary bus.

So I'm now confused!:Brick:

KeithD
11th August 2008, 09:56
You don't have to, but if someone is behind you it lets them know what you are going to do.

IainBusby
11th August 2008, 10:25
You don't have to, but if someone is behind you it lets them know what you are going to do.

If someone is behind you in this situation during your test, I'm sure the examiner will be impressed with your courtesy and awareness.

Iain.

Sangoma
11th August 2008, 11:12
Would depend on where the bus was. If it was in a car park 50 yards from the road, then you don't need to indicate, but if you have to change direction where the change may cause another driver to alter speed or direction, or lane, then yes you should indicate.

keithAngel
11th August 2008, 11:45
:23_116_6[1]:

Would depend on where the bus was. If it was in a car park 50 yards from the road, then you don't need to indicate,.

:gp:

PeterB
11th August 2008, 16:12
The problem with indicating when there is a nearby junction is that other road user may interpret your indication as an intention to turn at the junction. Imagine yourself in the position of other road users and think how they might interpret your indication, and whether they would find it helpful.

KeithD
11th August 2008, 16:15
People behind you always expect others infront to drive into the back of a bus!!! :rolleyes:

keithAngel
11th August 2008, 22:29
People behind you always expect others infront to drive into the back of a bus!!! :rolleyes:

I always look out for buses you never know:NoNo:

Geraldine
12th August 2008, 09:12
Once you pass your test, you'll forget everything you learned :D

LadyJ
12th August 2008, 09:15
Once you pass your test, you'll forget everything you learned :D

and we can do what ever we want!:D

KeithD
12th August 2008, 09:45
and we can do what ever we want!:D
Women drivers do anyway :rolleyes: