PDA

View Full Version : How to text your baby in the Phil for free

grate-britte
12th August 2008, 00:03
I'm a complete technophobe but I have been around since the first Apple ][ computer appeared but I hate typing out texts on a mobile phone, 'cos I learnt to type on a typewriter. But I do know that many of you there Brits have broadband streaming away 24/7.
So here's what you do if you you want to be able to send instant texts to your baby in the Phil (translation: girlfriend/fiancee/wife in the Republic of the Philippines). (It does of course work where the geographical genders are reversed or for same sex partners etc)

It is free of course:

You both go to the Chikka text website, fill in your details, then, from the UK you can just type in your text messages on the PC keyboard for free.

To receive texts in the UK i.e. in the opposite direction I think it costs 25p.

So there you go. I'm sure you all know this already.

Dedworth
12th August 2008, 01:04
I'm a complete technophobe but I have been around since the first Apple ][ computer appeared but I hate typing out texts on a mobile phone, 'cos I learnt to type on a typewriter. But I do know that many of you there Brits have broadband streaming away 24/7.
So here's what you do if you you want to be able to send instant texts to your baby in the Phil (translation: girlfriend/fiancee/wife in the Republic of the Philippines). (It does of course work where the geographical genders are reversed or for same sex partners etc)

It is free of course:

You both go to the Chikka text website, fill in your details, then, from the UK you can just type in your text messages on the PC keyboard for free.

25p incoming to UK -Just goes to show that there's no such thing as a free lunch :cwm24:

A_flyer
12th August 2008, 06:19

Replying on Chikka from the Philippines cost P2.5 .
Texting directly abroad from a mobile in the Philippines cost P20 tp P30 per text message depending on the network you're using.
And yes it's well known here (search function?)

KeithD
12th August 2008, 09:46
So are the 'free' costs :NoNo: