PDA

View Full Version : Filling up VAF1...help please

PAT
12th August 2008, 01:06
I am currently filling up tourist visa form, and I need your help, I am confused of these questions:
''''In visitor type question no. 6.1.4., If you are not a national of the
country in which you are applying ,what permission do you have to stay in that country?...""""

I wish to visit my boyfriend and his family and learn western culture,what evidence of immigration status are required?.....

I would be very grateful if you could help....thanks in advance.

PeterB
12th August 2008, 05:08
Where are you making your application? In Philippines? Are you of Filipino nationality?

If so, the question is not applicable to you.

PAT
12th August 2008, 07:26
Hello PeterB, thank you so much for the response. It is very much appreciated.

Diwata
14th August 2008, 14:44
I think you should answer "visitor" cuz that's what you are applying for a tourist visa...

PAT
14th August 2008, 15:09
Thanks Diwata for the response...:)

PeterB
14th August 2008, 15:35
I think you should answer "visitor" cuz that's what you are applying for a tourist visa...

I'm assuming that PAT is a filipina, applying, in Phils, for a Visa to visit the UK.

If I'm correct in my assumption, the question is definitely N/A. A Filipina is not a "visitor" in the Philippines.

PAT
15th August 2008, 00:35
You are right peterB , I am a filipina and want to apply tourist visa for UK soon.Thank you girls for accommodating my query...have a nice day to all.

PeterB
15th August 2008, 09:55
Thank you girls ...

That serves me right for using a photo of my wife as my avatar!

PAT
15th August 2008, 10:01
Ooopppss!!! sorry PeterB, I am really glad for attending my query.Thank you.

PAT
23rd August 2008, 14:32
I am filling up application form VAF1 for visit visa online and almost done first part. There are some questions that I am not sure the certain answers and I would like to save, but as yet I don't have the visa application number sent to my email address. I am confused now, do I need to proceed?...the only option I got on here is " previous" or "next". It's Saturday... do you think it is the reason why I didn't get the reference number?....Please help me.Any advice is very much appreciated.

gemini63
23rd August 2008, 15:21
hi pat, r u not going personal appearance to submit ur application? coz if ur going coz u need finger scanning better hv download the application and take it with you rather than applying on line. coz ive done it also last time i applied but just the same they will ask a copy of ur application form on line with other docs they ask.Good that i brought both of them but they ask me which one i would like coz i said to them im not sure of the on line application coz ive made mistake filling up one portion that goes to other portion when i submit.So my application on line goes useless.Unless if ur not going anymore personally for finger scanning which is one of the requirements.

PAT
23rd August 2008, 15:44
Hi gemini! I downloaded and filled up application form here and my answers are hand written, and YES, I will going to UKVACS soon since they said that application with out biometric scanning cannot be process. Were all your applications handed personally to UKVACS?....not online?...

gemini63
23rd August 2008, 16:13
first time i just sent it thru aboitiz courier coz that time finger scanning not required yet.and also 2nd time. The last one now i hv to go personally for finger scanning so i rather choose handed it all personally.But hv still to hv an appointment going there.Better hv int personally rather than hving it twice on line coz its hard to commit mstake filling up on line coz u cant change it anymore..

gemini63
23rd August 2008, 16:19
is there still something on the questions that u hv to answer which confused you? i still hv my copies hr with me i can help you which one of those ur confused to answer.I even teach my brother in law what to answer in his.He got his visit visa too..

PAT
23rd August 2008, 16:21
Thanks gemini63!...I really do appreciate every advice you shared and it is always been a great help to me. Are you still in UK or in Phil?...

gemini63
23rd August 2008, 16:26
Hi gemini! I downloaded and filled up application form here and my answers are hand written, and YES, I will going to UKVACS soon since they said that application with out biometric scanning cannot be process. Were all your applications handed personally to UKVACS?....not online?...

the latest, ive tried it on line too,and as what ive told you, i did mstake on some portion which i filled up.Its on the portion about my children which i hv it interchanged.last min. i know when i hv it copied and review.So what i did i do another application form and handed personally and i told them what mistake i did. So they ask me which one il submit betwen the two. i choose the downloaded application. so there i got the result 48 hrs..

gemini63
23rd August 2008, 16:29
[QUOTE=PAT;84297]Thanks gemini63!...I really do appreciate every advice you shared and it is always been a great help to me. Are you still in UK or in Phi[/QUO im here in uk right now my 4th time.

PAT
23rd August 2008, 16:41
Fourth time !!!...thats so great to know.You are one of those who inspire me in my application.I hope I'm gonna make it.Once again, thank you so much.

PAT
23rd August 2008, 16:53
is there still something on the questions that u hv to answer which confused you? i still hv my copies hr with me i can help you which one of those ur confused to answer.I even teach my brother in law what to answer in his.He got his visit visa too..

Is it true that the invitation letter from sponsor is not later than 15 days old?
I have certifications and other documents dated last July 2008, are they still valid?I will apply hopefully this September second week.

gemini63
23rd August 2008, 17:07
i think it doesnt matter. we dont put date on it anyway. and also to the invitation my fiancee did to my brother in law no date. its more than 15 days when we give it to him before he applied even more than a mo. i think even it takes 2 mos he applied after we handed the letter to him.

gemini63
23rd August 2008, 17:10
Is it true that the invitation letter from sponsor is not later than 15 days old?
I have certifications and other documents dated last July 2008, are they still valid?I will apply hopefully this September second week.

important the certification and especially bank records should be the latest 6 mos.I dont think so it matters on invitation letter. just dont put a date on it.

PAT
24th August 2008, 08:26
Thanks again gemini63 for always willing to help me ease my confusions and so with the other members in the forum...:)