PDA

View Full Version : Fiance Visa to Marriage Visa :)

Mick304824
13th August 2008, 12:40
Hello Everyone,,

My Fiance and I are getting married at the end of this month. She is currently here in UK on a fiance Visa (visa marriage), and so presumably once we are married, before she can work, we will need to update the visa to full Marriage Visa. Does anyone have any advice as to how we go about doing this, and also how long does it take, because Diana is very keen to find a job which at the moment, she can't do. Does anyone have any contact numbers/addresses etc that would be useful as and when we DO apply.

Thanks in advance :BouncyHappy:

Ann07
13th August 2008, 13:06
Hi,

its been discussed that here already just try to search it.
I arrived here with a fiance visa, got married here and changed my visa to FLR. But before she send her application she has to ammend her passport in the phil embassy and report the marriage( u can get the forms in their site). Once the passport is ammended then she can apply for her FLR and that allows her to work..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

search for more info here in processing:)

goodluck and best wishes:D

islander
13th August 2008, 13:54
hi Mick304824!

you got to use the SEARCH tool, then there you can find useful informations applicable to your situation.

Good Luck to your upcoming wedding!

darren-b
13th August 2008, 18:48
Hi,

its been discussed that here already just try to search it.
I arrived here with a fiance visa, got married here and changed my visa to FLR. But before she send her application she has to ammend her passport in the phil embassy and report the marriage( u can get the forms in their site). Once the passport is ammended then she can apply for her FLR and that allows her to work..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

search for more info here in processing:)

goodluck and best wishes:D

You don't have to do it in that order... My wife applied for and was granted FLR, and then started working. A few months later we reported our wedding to the phil embassy and had her passport amended.

Ann07
13th August 2008, 18:51
You don't have to do it in that order... My wife applied for and was granted FLR, and then started working. A few months later we reported our wedding to the phil embassy and had her passport amended.

alright, didnt know that:). thanks for the info. i did mine that way:)

kimmi
13th August 2008, 19:01
Hello Everyone,,

My Fiance and I are getting married at the end of this month. She is currently here in UK on a fiance Visa (visa marriage), and so presumably once we are married, before she can work, we will need to update the visa to full Marriage Visa. Does anyone have any advice as to how we go about doing this, and also how long does it take, because Diana is very keen to find a job which at the moment, she can't do. Does anyone have any contact numbers/addresses etc that would be useful as and when we DO apply.

Thanks in advance :BouncyHappy:

hi Mick, firstly welcome to the forum..and Best wishes on ur wedding..:Hellooo::Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

About ur querry, after u get married ur Fiancee need to apply for FLR (Further Leave to Remain) visa, it is valid for two-years, maybe u like to read this posts..

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=6227&highlight=apply+flr

Ana_may365
7th September 2008, 20:47
welcome here to the forum and good luck to ur wedding,:):):)