PDA

View Full Version : For women re: salons

Geraldine
14th August 2008, 11:08
Hi ladies,

Just wondering, Im thinking of having my haircut in a Chinese or Indian salon in Birmingham. Can anyone recommend a good one? I have tried different stylist and I prefer Asian stylist than the white ones, obviously Asian hair is different from theirs. Do you give them a tip? like how much? I dont want to give a tip if Im not happy with the service.

Dont you girls miss those affordable pampering in the Philippines?? foot spa, massage, facial, hair treament, manicure, pedicure etc

wish im back home :bigcry:

KeithD
14th August 2008, 11:31
I have tried different stylist and I prefer Asian stylist than the white ones.....
If we said something like that in public we would be arrested :NoNo:

keithAngel
14th August 2008, 13:36
Hi ladies,

Just wondering, Im thinking of having my haircut in a Chinese or Indian salon in Birmingham. Can anyone recommend a good one? I have tried different stylist and I prefer Asian stylist than the white ones, obviously Asian hair is different from theirs. Do you give them a tip? like how much? I dont want to give a tip if Im not happy with the service.

Dont you girls miss those affordable pampering in the Philippines?? foot spa, massage, facial, hair treament, manicure, pedicure etc

I agree Geraldine cant wait to be pampered in the Fils its such a giggle popping in for a pedicure and always amuses the ladies who have to get the elephants feet bowl out ,bye the bye how much does that all cost in the Fils? In Thai a manicure/pedicure would be about 130 piso:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
14th August 2008, 14:09
Hi ladies,

i am a regular in our local salon here all british and are all nice, one staff there whom i like and she does my hair anytime i have a haircut coz she knows it now my style:icon_lol::icon_lol:
and sometimes i will ask her whats best style that suits me:xxgrinning--00xx3:

u r ryt i just miss all the pampering there ep the massage and spa:D:D nice feeling afterwards:Rasp::Rasp:

scott&ligaya
14th August 2008, 14:13
Hi Geraldine,
there is a great Asian stylist called Miran at Umberto Giannini's in Brindley Place Birmingham. Not cheap but very good for a treat

vbkelly
14th August 2008, 15:07
Hi ladies,

every year got a hair cut but in the philippines just less than £2 lol:icon_lol:

islander
14th August 2008, 15:29
Hi ladies,

SAME HERE, i also miss those cheap but good service salons in phils.!

i just brought with me some tools for pedicure/manicure coz service here seem to be expensive i think, so i'll start doing it myself instead, hehehe!!!

Geraldine
14th August 2008, 18:02
Win2Win...they can shoot me for all I care as long as my hair is perfect! :icon_lol:

Keithangel...same cheap price in Thailand, I never miss a pampering day whenever Im in Thailand or Manila for a holiday. For all the ladies here, Im sure its a must!

Ann07..lucky you, Im still in search for a good stylist. Do they give you free back/head massage after the haircut? :D

Scott&Ligaya...thanks, will have a look. Regards to Ligaya :)

islander...I tried doing my own manicure/pedicure...its never as good as the salons :cwm34: Imagine a pedicure OR manicure costs £20!! Thats already a proper hair treatment plus manicure and pedicure in the Phil!

Do you guys give them a tip??

Ana_may365
14th August 2008, 18:58
hiya!just cameback from phils 3 weeks ago.and go to the parlor or salons,the manicure and pedicure cost me £1.20,foot spa is £3.00,facial is £3.50,massage £4.00 and my hair cost £10.00[together with cut,hot oil,celophane,some vitamins thing].
i always do this everytime we comeback there.my tips for them is i buy a merienda for them like banana cue,ginataang bilobilo,biko etc and we eat together.and they happy for that even i didnt give them some tips[money]
i dont like in thailand coz the way they do the manicure & pedicure is not exactly the same in phils.and also the hairs,espclly the price.remember bath is higher than peso.

katie37pinayuk
14th August 2008, 19:23
hiya!just cameback from phils 3 weeks ago.and go to the parlor or salons,the manicure and pedicure cost me £1.20,foot spa is £3.00,facial is £3.50,massage £4.00 and my hair cost £10.00[together with cut,hot oil,celophane,some vitamins thing].
i always do this everytime we comeback there.my tips for them is i buy a merienda for them like banana cue,ginataang bilobilo,biko etc and we eat together.and they happy for that even i didnt give them some tips[money]
i dont like in thailand coz the way they do the manicure & pedicure is not exactly the same in phils.and also the hairs,espclly the price.remember bath is higher than peso.

3 weeks more, and i will be in the Philippines...and definitely won't miss to go to the salon for all the treatment mentioned....can't wait! i have only been once to a salon here and just to accompany a friend :rolleyes:

KeithD
14th August 2008, 19:42
Oh for God's sake....listen to ya'll :D ..........get it all cut-off.....no hair worries then :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Geraldine
15th August 2008, 10:39
Hi Ana_may365....good for you, having all those pampering! What I meant was giving tip here in UK salons, bec in Manila/Thailand (which is still cheaper compare it here) they expect you to give a tip right? I can't not ask the stylist to go out with me for a merienda :icon_lol: jk! I used to tip them but Im not happy with their service that is why I prefer Asian salons.

Hi katie37pinayuk...enjoy your pampering, let us know whats new in Phil!

Hi Win2win...its a girl thing :D

keithAngel
15th August 2008, 10:45
Oh for God's sake....listen to ya'll :D ..........get it all cut-off.....no hair worries then :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mine fell off:Erm:

IainBusby
15th August 2008, 15:08
Mine fell off:Erm:

Hair falls out not off, are you sure you don't mean something else. :yikes:

andypaul
16th August 2008, 13:37
I remeber another thread about the same subject and find it funny.

How did an asian lady cut my hair as a young bloke? I have had people of all different races cut my hair in my life and the qulaity has varied but never down racial lines.

My wife has tried several different places and found that the White (or any race trained in the uk) hairdresssers are just as good in fact better from the results she has had while in Phil.
In fact when she had some colouring added in phill although it looked good at the time, the ladies at the shop she went to said they had done it all wrong, dont ask me why chucking water and a little shampoo over my hair is as technical as i get.

Does that mean you need a asian doctor as your body is slighty different to a non asians slightly? Any doctor or hairdresser for that matter would be trained to know the difference surely?

I guess living in a multi racial area they get good practise.

With out startng a big row just think how you would feel if say you was a cook or hair dresser who people wouldn't even try using with out experincing your work due to the colour of your skin?

keithAngel
16th August 2008, 16:49
Hair falls out not off, are you sure you don't mean something else. :yikes:

Topay or not topay:D