PDA

View Full Version : RN newbie

ghey2
19th August 2008, 06:31
Hello hello hello! I am Grace from the Philippines. I am an RN and currently employed in a medical and diagnostic clinic, but soon I will be having my training in a tertiary hospital! Woohoo. Well I wanna meet people here who can share info with me on how I can apply as a nurse in the UK. :Help1::Help1:

Like what qualifications should I meet, paperworks, etc etc.:Erm:

Thanks in advance!:Hellooo::BouncyHappy::cwm12:

menchkin
19th August 2008, 07:11
Hello ghey2!!! Welcome to the forum. :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

You may want to use the Search Engine regarding your queries.

ghey2
19th August 2008, 07:30
Hello Menchkin! Thanks thanks! I am currently doing some browsing.

Frances
19th August 2008, 08:42
hi welcome to the forum!

IainBusby
19th August 2008, 09:07
Hi Grace,
Welcome to the forum. :Hellooo:
Louella & Iain.

tomoboyle2000
19th August 2008, 09:19
welcome to the forum!

KeithD
19th August 2008, 09:21
..... how I can apply as a nurse in the UK. :Help1::Help1:.....
We are only taking nurses from EU countries not, very unlikely you would get a job here unless your husband is here.

trina
19th August 2008, 10:01
We are only taking nurses from EU countries not, very unlikely you would get a job here unless your husband is here.

The boss is right.....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

anyway Welcome

ghey2
19th August 2008, 14:49
Thank you all for the response. Too bad I don't have a husband in the UK! But my sister is there and we are thinking of options on how I can join her there. If I become a member of the NMC, will it help get me employment there?

ghey2
19th August 2008, 15:38
Welcome Ghey2!

You need a company to sponsor you.

Hi Faralorbes! Thanks for that. Are you a nurse too? I wish we can chat somewhere else so it can be faster :Rasp::cwm12:

gazlou
19th August 2008, 21:28
Hello Grace, welcome.:Hellooo::)

Ana_may365
19th August 2008, 22:36
hiya!welcome here!

trina
19th August 2008, 22:45
Thank you all for the response. Too bad I don't have a husband in the UK! But my sister is there and we are thinking of options on how I can join her there. If I become a member of the NMC, will it help get me employment there?

hi ghey.... I am a nurse too...:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

ghey2
19th August 2008, 23:40
hi ghey.... I am a nurse too...:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

:Hellooo: Hi Trina! So are you currently working now in the UK? Did you apply at the NMC?

OT: can I send PMs here? Thanks!

Sconnie
20th August 2008, 08:08
Hi Grace,

Welcome to the forum.

trina
20th August 2008, 08:22
:Hellooo: Hi Trina! So are you currently working now in the UK? Did you apply at the NMC?

OT: can I send PMs here? Thanks!

yes you can send PMs here......i'm still here in PI waiting for my spouse visa...and hopely can work as nurse there... as far as i know you must have atleast minimun of a year hosp experience and ielts score of band 7 for you to register in NMC....

ghey2
20th August 2008, 08:29
^^I see. Have you completed all these? Can't use the PM function maybe because I have restricted access as a newbie.

trina
20th August 2008, 08:34
^^I see. Have you completed all these? Can't use the PM function maybe because I have restricted access as a newbie.

yes i think so.... well i finished with ielts last february.... with regards with nmc not yet...i'm going to do thatonce i get there...but for the meantime i can work as healtcare assistant there as what the agency told me while i'm on the process of applying with nmc....

trina
20th August 2008, 08:38
are you a newly RN???

ghey2
20th August 2008, 08:52
are you a newly RN???

More than a year na. I have been working in a Medical and Diagnostic clinic for a few months now. Next month I'll be starting in a tertiary hospital.:)

ghey2
20th August 2008, 09:01
yes i think so.... well i finished with ielts last february.... with regards with nmc not yet...i'm going to do thatonce i get there...but for the meantime i can work as healtcare assistant there as what the agency told me while i'm on the process of applying with nmc....

Sis what agency are you talking about? Sorry I ask a lot of questions hahaha.

trina
20th August 2008, 09:05
Sis what agency are you talking about? Sorry I ask a lot of questions hahaha.

the agency where my husband and I talked too...they are base on where my husband lives now.... have you try to search with the internet to look for nursing job????

trina
20th August 2008, 09:07
where are you in PI???

ghey2
20th August 2008, 09:11
where are you in PI???

Yes I am in the Philippines right now. Hmmm I hope we can have a chat sis I am really at a lost right now on what I should do and how I should prepare.:Cuckoo:

ghey2
20th August 2008, 09:12
the agency where my husband and I talked too...they are base on where my husband lives now.... have you try to search with the internet to look for nursing job????

I am in Manila btw (sorry did not understand your question haha). Is that agency here in the PI?

trina
20th August 2008, 09:14
Yes I am in the Philippines right now. Hmmm I hope we can have a chat sis I am really at a lost right now on what I should do and how I should prepare.:Cuckoo:

sure just give me you YM and I'll add you... where exactly in PI???? I'm in batangas city

trina
20th August 2008, 09:17
I am in Manila btw (sorry did not understand your question haha). Is that agency here in the PI?

it's ok...hehehe...anyway...it's the agency in UK

ghey2
20th August 2008, 09:17
sure just give me you YM and I'll add you... where exactly in PI???? I'm in batangas city

Same as my name here. I am in Pateros (it's really near Makati).

ghey2
20th August 2008, 09:35
ghey2 sis at the big Y.

miayela
20th August 2008, 12:49
Hello ghey2 welcome to the forum..

Ann07
21st August 2008, 18:06
hi welcome..:)