PDA

View Full Version : Marriage certificate

Sangoma
20th August 2008, 11:47
What is actually neede to apply for the visa?

I read that you should ask for secpa papers that take 16 days.
I have now been told that these take 30 working days.

We have a Form marked "Municipal form no 97 (Form no 13)"

Headed:-

Republic of the Philippines
OFFICE OF THE CIVIL REGISTRAR GENERAL
CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE

That has all our details on it, and at the bottom right it has a section "received at the office of the civil registrar" which has been filled in

Does anyone knoiw if this will do?

Sconnie
20th August 2008, 12:56
Does your certificate have the NSO stamp on it ?

Sangoma
20th August 2008, 13:08
Does your certificate have the NSO stamp on it ?

No!

Sconnie
20th August 2008, 13:12
I think you need this stamp and that is what takes the time, we had to wait 3 weeks and more for this, Vanessa will be able to tell you better.

Sangoma
20th August 2008, 13:52
I think you need this stamp and that is what takes the time, we had to wait 3 weeks and more for this, Vanessa will be able to tell you better.

That is what we have now been told, but the other site talks of 16 days to get a short copy back that is acceptable for the visa app.

IainBusby
20th August 2008, 13:56
Louella says that the municipal office will automatically submit it to the NSO in Manila (she says that in Cagayan, they do this twice a month on the 15th and 30th of the month) and you can collect the certified NSO marriage certificate (the one you need to apply for the visa) from the local NSO office in between 15 and 30 days.

Iain.

Sconnie
20th August 2008, 14:04
Hi,this is Vanessa
I rang the embassy and asked if i could just submit the certified true copy of marriage certificate i got from the municipal registry and they said yes that will do instead of waiting for the marriage certificate on SECPA. But before my appointment to the UKVACS to lodge my application, i already received the marriage certificate from the NSO which takes 3 weeks to process. Maybe you should rang the embassy.

vbkelly
20th August 2008, 14:35
me itself went to local registry to get the original copy of my MC a week after the wedding and i sent it to NSO via express delivery and by the next day i collect my MC in NSO head office.

vbkelly
20th August 2008, 14:37
coz eco they don't accept a MC without NSO stamped

trina
20th August 2008, 15:29
a day after my wedding my mom sorted out the marriage certificate...she ask letter from registrar office head saying that we need the MC in secpa paper soon...this is called pace mail...after it sent to manila via LBC me and my mom went there and apply for a copy of the contract it took 3 weeks... because if you will not going to ask the MC to pace mail it...it will take 6 months or more....

menchkin
21st August 2008, 01:32
Got my marriage certificate from NSO after 3 weeks upon early endorsement request from the LCR where my wedding took place. Just paid 75 pesos for the LBC (courier that forwards the marriage certificate from LCR to NSO).

Sangoma
21st August 2008, 07:22
Well, just to confuse the situation even more, I sent a scanned copy of the certifcate we have to the visa people, and they say it is acceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

menchkin
21st August 2008, 07:26
Well, just to confuse the situation even more, I sent a scanned copy of the certifcate we have to the visa people, and they say it is acceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the embassy people gave their okay to the scanned copy then good for you. Hope your visa application would go well. :)

IainBusby
21st August 2008, 10:00

Great News! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
21st August 2008, 10:15

thats good really so goodluck to your application finger cross for you both