PDA

View Full Version : Just an update...

telford
27th August 2008, 14:58
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if anyone of you here remember my immigration status, but anyway, I will remind you.
I got an Spouse Visa last 05 Oct. 2006. I received my 2GO parcel 07 Oct and I flew to UK after 2 days to join my hubby in his Native land. I stay there for 6 months and went back to Philippines with my husband and we stay here together for almost 18 months now. We know that my visa expires soon, but we still don't wanna go back there in UK yet since our baby still too young and we're still enjoying our stay here. But most of our relatives and friends advice us to go back for the sake of my visa, so that I can extend it. Because we know that it's hard to apply for visa lately and getting more expensive, so are thinking about it.
But we are worried if I am running out of time for my extension and am I still eligible to apply for extension despite the circumstances we had. So we decide to call the Public Enquiry Office to inquire about my situation. We was put on hold for 15mins before we was able to talk to a woman Miss Julie. We ask if Can I still apply for extension? and until when can I be able to do it. She said that I can apply for extension using FLR(M) and I can apply anytime as long as my visa is not expired yet before the stamp in post office. Meaning I still have lots of time to decide either to go back or not:) But anyway, I think if we will go back, we leave it till last week of Sept. so that we can enjoy the sun a little bit longer. But we are worried for our baby Bea,hope she can cope the climate in his dads place,we know it's a wrong timing coz winter is past approaching. Goodluck my little girl:)
Thanks for reading my post mates:) cheers.... I'll let you all know my final decision... is it deal or no deal:)

Ana_may365
27th August 2008, 17:44
all the best!for u telford

joebloggs
27th August 2008, 21:30
next time your in the uk Telford, go and do the 'life in uk' test

because, if you live out side the uk with your hubby for 4yrs or more you can apply for ILE, so hopefully you will not have to keep applying for FLR or a new spouse visa.

Spouses or civil partners of persons present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted on the same occasion for settlement
Requirements for leave to enter the United Kingdom with a view to settlement as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted on the same occasion for settlement

281. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom with a view to settlement as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement are that:

(i) (a) the applicant is married to or the civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement; or

(b)(i) the applicant is married to or the civil partner of a person who has a right of abode in the United Kingdom or indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom and is on the same occasion seeking admission to the United Kingdom for the purposes of settlement and the parties were married or formed a civil partnership at least 4 years ago, since which time they have been living together outside the United Kingdom; and

(b)(ii) the applicant has sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom, unless he is under the age of 18 or aged 65 or over at the time he makes his application; and

(ii) the parties to the marriage or civil partnership have met; and

(iii) each of the parties intends to live permanently with the other as his or her spouse or civil partner and the marriage or civil partnership is subsisting; and

(iv) there will be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively; and

(v) the parties will be able to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds

telford
28th August 2008, 10:16
thank you so much so much for the brilliant info Joebloggs... Next time I'll make sure to sort everything first before going back here. :)

LEAHnew
28th August 2008, 10:54
Goodluck sis :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
28th August 2008, 14:22
All the best telford:)