PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Nervous about re-entry!?

nigel
30th August 2008, 13:10
:Hellooo:

Hiyah!
My gorgeous filipina wife is planning to go back to Philippines for a visit, she has a limited leave to remain residence permit, we are worried about her re-entering Britain, do you think it will be a problem?:Erm:

Thanks for any replies in advance..:rolleyes:

Thanks!:)

alicat
30th August 2008, 13:37
dont worry about it,i have a limited leave to remain visa as well.
we go to phil last xmas for 3 weeks,and i have no problem at all
we plan to go back again this xmas.

andypaul
30th August 2008, 13:55
Nope but what a great thread title:xxgrinning--00xx3::D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ana_may365
30th August 2008, 13:56
same here:)

nigel
30th August 2008, 14:37

Thanks guys and girls..:xxgrinning--00xx3: My filipina extraordinaire will be going alone 'cause I don't have enough money to go with her..:NoNo:

Nevermind, the flowers still grow eh?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

jimeve
30th August 2008, 14:44
Nope but what a great thread title:xxgrinning--00xx3::D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

you can't beat a good re-entry :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PeterB
30th August 2008, 16:16
Here I was, expecting to read a post by an astronaut!

andypaul
30th August 2008, 16:44

Thanks guys and girls..:xxgrinning--00xx3: My filipina extraordinaire will be going alone 'cause I don't have enough money to go with her..:NoNo:

Nevermind, the flowers still grow eh?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

The wife traveled alone (well not with me i.e her spouse) on a spouse visa to italy and back and even though looking back it was silly i was a little worried she might have a problem.

Since then on her ILR she flew to phill and back via amsterdam.

She managed and was fine.

It us Brits who worry to much:D But only because we care:)

5olidsnake
30th August 2008, 16:49
make sure she has money on her at Manila airport for the return
(1620peso travel tax (http://www.philtourism.com/ttax.html) and 750peso airport tax) if you brought the ticket in the UK

because my wife gave all her left over money to her family when we left

andypaul
30th August 2008, 17:04
make sure she has money on her at Manila airport for the return
(1620peso travel tax (http://www.philtourism.com/ttax.html) and 750peso airport tax) if you brought the ticket in the UK

because my wife gave all her left over money to her family when we left

Good point and also food for snacks in the airport. The food bar right at the end most of the staff are normally quite friendly.

Another point make sure she has money or load to call you and or her family.

My wife always does and the first time she left phill for the UK she was panicing as her load had run out on her globe phone and I handed her my brit mobile to call. cost a couple of quid but put her at ease.
Now we make sure she has load on a globe sim to chat to family and i ring her up on it using a lo cost number.

Also im sure your track her flights if your able to and when she arrives at a stop over get her to text if possible (best to find the phone company she can use with the best rate for your mobile service before she goes so she
can make sure she selects that one.
Simple things like that will help you both relax:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Although they sound expensive a two pound for a couple of mintues will help reasure you both. Also knowing your there if needed is priceless

kimmi
30th August 2008, 18:46

Hiyah!
My gorgeous filipina wife is planning to go back to Philippines for a visit, she has a limited leave to remain residence permit, we are worried about her re-entering Britain, do you think it will be a problem?:Erm:

Thanks for any replies in advance..:rolleyes:

Thanks!:)

thanks for asking this question Nigel, it saves me to make a new thread he he he..:)because I am also planning to go back to the Philippines maybe by March..

btw, when will Vimvie going home??:Erm::Hellooo:

KeithD
30th August 2008, 20:26
Help!! Nervous about re-entry!?

As long as the heat shield is undamaged you should be fine! :Erm:

angel1231
30th August 2008, 22:58
I think it wont be a problem...i have a leave to remain visa too and i stayed in the philippines for a year and half (to give birth )and when i enter uk no problems.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
31st August 2008, 00:58
thanks for asking this question Nigel, it saves me to make a new thread he he he..:)because I am also planning to go back to the Philippines maybe by March..

btw, when will Vimvie going home??:Erm::Hellooo:
Start looking now for good prices not sure when easter is next year but prices rise big time.

Sis Suze
31st August 2008, 01:34
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and have joined because my Brother lives in the Philippines and is marrying a girl there soon. i have a couple of questions. i talk with my Brothers Mother In Law via Chikka Messenger and their cell phones which I know is quite expensive. Is there any way I can load her phone from here?

Second question is, can anyone recommend a good flight company as my Brother is looking for his return ticket for November. He has no debit or credit card so will have to travel to MIDDLESEX to collect it when e buys it as he isn't allowed to use my card to purchase a ticket (weird) so any advice or information would be appreciated.
Thanks

Suze xx

KeithD
31st August 2008, 09:25
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and have joined because my Brother lives in the Philippines and is marrying .................

Suze xx
Start a NEW THREAD :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sis Suze
31st August 2008, 11:55
:Hellooo::)Ooops...OK, sorry, will do