PDA

View Full Version : vitamins on plane

angel1231
30th August 2008, 23:05
hi, im going to the philippines this coming september. and i bougth a lot of vitamins to give some to my relatives back home.is there any limit to what u can bring with on plane.?thanks

KeithD
31st August 2008, 09:09
Not that I know of. Just check all the contents are legal in the Phil, and any airports you stop at.

vbkelly
31st August 2008, 10:18
hi, im going to the philippines this coming september. and i bougth a lot of vitamins to give some to my relatives back home.is there any limit to what u can bring with on plane.?thanks

i've bought loads of vitamins last year sanotagen for adult 12 battles of it and it was fine just put in the laggage

Ana_may365
31st August 2008, 12:10
hiya!just asking if what kind of vitamins is it?[sanotagen]i think no problem coz everytime we cameback in phils and came back also here in uk,we fetch a lot of medicine,like antibiotics,vitamins e,alaxan,neozep,etc.etc.
bcoz here in england its hard to buy a medicine[like antibiotics] in pharmacy.they want to see the prescriptions.and even they have a paracetamol here its not ok to take if i didnt used for it b4.

jimeve
31st August 2008, 12:17
hiya!just asking if what kind of vitamins is it?[sanotagen]i think no problem coz everytime we cameback in phils and came back also here in uk,we fetch a lot of medicine,like antibiotics,vitamins e,alaxan,neozep,etc.etc.
bcoz here in england its hard to buy a medicine[like antibiotics] in pharmacy.they want to see the prescriptions.and even they have a paracetamol here its not ok to take if i didnt used for it b4.

Hi Ana_may, be very careful about the drugs you bring in or out, some of
what you describe are not vitamins.

Just some friendly advise. :)

Ana_may365
31st August 2008, 12:41
thanks for the reply jimeve.but this medicine that we fetch is only for my own use.i didnt sell it.like what i said i didnt take any medicine here in uk coz im not used for it.:)

jimeve
31st August 2008, 12:47
thanks for the reply jimeve.but this medicine that we fetch is only for my own use.i didnt sell it.like what i said i didnt take any medicine here in uk coz im not used for it.:)

I know that, everybody on this forum knows that, but the customs
don,t

andypaul
31st August 2008, 13:19
Antibotics i dont know the full legal thing may be some of the others know for sure.

But from my limited knowledge prescription drugs imported in to the Uk with out the right paperwork a prescription from A doctor if discovered by a customs officer could leave you in a bit of dilemena.

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/articles_show_nt1.asp?i=41123&L1=41118&L2=41123&a=28529&D=3

I would check for the latest regulations the bother you could get for bringing in a few pills could affect the rest of your life.

Also if you fly via another country do check the laws and regulations they have.

A woman was jailled for carrying a British prescription drug in UAE if i recall the news story corrctly.

Also do you need them? I know taking Antibiotics at the wrong time can affect your immune system long term. If you need them a doctor will prescribe them.

LEAHnew
31st August 2008, 13:23
Not that I know of. Just check all the contents are legal in the Phil, and any airports you stop at.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: I agree with Boss
As what I know as long as it is legal drug it will be fine,and maybe it helps if u have family friend doctor ask a prescription for support:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

LEAHnew
31st August 2008, 13:28
Also if you fly via another country do check the laws and regulations they have.

A woman was jailled for carrying a British prescription drug in UAE if i recall the news story corrctly.

Also do you need them? I know taking Antibiotics at the wrong time can affect your immune system long term. If you need them a doctor will prescribe them.

Take note of this:xxgrinning--00xx3:
:doh oh sis just make sure it's just only vitamins:xxgrinning--00xx3:

angel1231
31st August 2008, 15:20
Thanks guys. im only taking like multivitamins +iron,fish oil,
cod liver oil and vitamins for kids...i bougth it in boots .2 dozens and 90 capsules each.our stop is in UAE.im raveling with my daugther.should i mix it in one bottle or shall i leave it as it is?thanks again guys.

andypaul
31st August 2008, 16:46
Thanks guys. im only taking like multivitamins +iron,fish oil,
cod liver oil and vitamins for kids...i bougth it in boots .2 dozens and 90 capsules each.our stop is in UAE.im raveling with my daugther.should i mix it in one bottle or shall i leave it as it is?thanks again guys.

If they in boots containers with the seals intact then i cant see the harm.

But if you get x rayed dont be surprised if some customs person asks you at least some questions regarding them.

But im sure others take vitamins with them. I have taken head ache pills in the foil packs you get and head no problems but never though UAE (never been there).

Cant see there being a problem with vitamins and minerals, just customs checking possibly that they are what you say they are:)

KeithD
31st August 2008, 17:26
Vitamins on Plane

If this is like "Snakes on a Plane", I'm not watching it :NoNo:

vbkelly
1st September 2008, 10:27

SANATOGEN i mean its multivitamin for adult,i brought to PI for my mum and auntie.

A_flyer
1st September 2008, 18:45
But if you get x rayed dont be surprised if some customs person asks you at least some questions regarding them.
It's not IF, ALL checked luggage are x-rayed by customs at ALL international airports when they get out of the plane and enter the luggage system (in particular is our western airports, but also in Manila). This explain sometimes why we are waiting the luggage ... a long time...
If it's to be inspected, they add a discrete marking.
As well as carry-on at the arrival but with your presence; but not in Manila (Terminal 1)!

Medicine transportation is submitted to special rules to avoid (or limit) trafficking (to be checked with leaving and arriving countries rules).

Mrs Daddy
1st September 2008, 19:22
instead of taking it with me to PI any Idea how much is the cost for parcel services for about 3 bottles to send it to PI?

andypaul
1st September 2008, 19:58
It's not IF, ALL checked luggage are x-rayed by customs at ALL international airports when they get out of the plane and enter the luggage system (in particular is our western airports, but also in Manila). This explain sometimes why we are waiting the luggage ... a long time...
If it's to be inspected, they add a discrete marking.
As well as carry-on at the arrival but with your presence; but not in Manila (Terminal 1)!

Medicine transportation is submitted to special rules to avoid (or limit) trafficking (to be checked with leaving and arriving countries rules).

Very true Sir

Many suitcase that have travelled to phill with my Wife or I. It has been noticed have been opened and inspected at somepoint as well.

A_flyer
1st September 2008, 20:37
Some weeks ago I posted this about customs at airport: http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=10346

and some dangerous goods .... http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=10345

I don't know if vitamines are more dangerous...

aug06_2006
2nd September 2008, 14:20
I brought medicines here from PI and i put them all into my luggage..had no trouble!

Ana_may365
2nd September 2008, 15:48
same as mine,no trouble at all:);):)

alicat
2nd September 2008, 18:01
same here...no problem