PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here waiting for more than 9 weeks for their spouse visa application???

menchkin
2nd September 2008, 15:20
Just thought of asking this because I learned that as of September 01 visa applications lodged from July 11-18 are the ones being processed by the British Embassy.

I hope that I get the good news on my spouse visa application in 3 weeks time.

demlyn888
2nd September 2008, 15:46
its our 10 weeks of waiting:doh:bigcry: this week but our is fiancee visa not spouse one. i keep tracking our application everyday its still saying the same thing forwarded to british high commission. i do hope and pray we hear something from them this week. good luck to all of us still waiting or at least to hear something from them...

menchkin
2nd September 2008, 15:48
its our 10 weeks of waiting:doh:bigcry: this week but our is fiancee visa not spouse one. i keep tracking our application everyday its still saying the same thing forwarded to british high commission. i do hope and pray we hear something from them this week. good luck to all of us still waiting or at least to hear something from them...

When did you lodge your fiancee visa application?

demlyn888
2nd September 2008, 15:50
27 June 08 menchkin.....

menchkin
2nd September 2008, 15:53
27 June 08 menchkin.....

Did you or your fiance try to send a follow-up email to British Embassy Manila to???

demlyn888
2nd September 2008, 16:08
Did you or your fiance try to send a follow-up email to British Embassy Manila to???

Yes i have emailed them but have not heard a reply from them. Is their email address ManilaVisaEnquires@fco.gov.uk? Is it the right email or not? Can you let me know please. Many thanks

phillip
2nd September 2008, 18:39
yes thats the corect email ,i used it when we were applying for fiancee visa i did get a couple of replies but most were ignored,and they would not bother to answer their telephone either,very frustrating you expect a better servise for £500

Piamed
2nd September 2008, 19:16
Good luck to all of you currently waiting!

PAT
3rd September 2008, 09:52
Yes i have emailed them but have not heard a reply from them. Is their email address ManilaVisaEnquires@fco.gov.uk? Is it the right email or not? Can you let me know please. Many thanks

Hello demelyn888 , I once used that email address and I was advice to send my email direct to www.info@vfs-uk-ph.com.Hope this will help.

benb
3rd September 2008, 09:58

It must be really frustrating! Keep cool.
There may be a surge of applications and also its the holiday period (UK staff may be on leave for summer).

Best Wishes,

IainBusby
3rd September 2008, 15:26
Hello demelyn888 , I once used that email address and I was advice to send my email direct to www.info@vfs-uk-ph.com.Hope (http://www.info@vfs-uk-ph.com.Hope) this will help.

ManilaVisaEnquires@fco.gov.uk is the best one to use, but they usually take 2 or 3 days to reply.
Iain.

demlyn888
3rd September 2008, 15:49
ManilaVisaEnquires@fco.gov.uk is the best one to use, but they usually take 2 or 3 days to reply.
Iain.

Thanks Iain. I emailed them last Friday so i do hope i would get a reply from them tomorrow.....:)

menchkin
3rd September 2008, 15:51
Thanks Iain. I emailed them last Friday so i do hope i would get a reply from them tomorrow.....:)

I really do hope you get a result (A POSITIVE ONE) within this week. Keep the patience and faith. :)

demlyn888
3rd September 2008, 15:56
I really do hope you get a result (A POSITIVE ONE) within this week. Keep the patience and faith. :)

Thanks Menchkin! We both stay positive and all my prayers to you and for all the rest of us still waiting...:)

menchkin
3rd September 2008, 15:59
Thanks Menchkin! We both stay positive and all my prayers to you and for all the rest of us still waiting...:)

I'm pretty sure you'll be the next one to post a success story after Trina. Hang in there okie. Your visa is already on it's way to your hands. hehe! :BouncyHappy: :cwm12: :BouncyHappy:

grant
4th September 2008, 20:54
hi my dear its grant here from dundee in scotland. my wife and i applied 2nd july, and thats been just over 9 week. still waiting but we must be patient. you would think they would be quicker. heheeh. but thats life take care god bless

trina
4th September 2008, 20:59
hi grant any news???

menchkin
5th September 2008, 01:26
hi my dear its grant here from dundee in scotland. my wife and i applied 2nd july, and thats been just over 9 week. still waiting but we must be patient. you would think they would be quicker. heheeh. but thats life take care god bless

Hi Grant, i really hope that your wife's visa would arrive in a few days time. Keep us posted okie. :)

benb
7th September 2008, 12:11
Perhaps its the peak time of the year for VISA applications. Best Wishes Menchkin and Grant.

menchkin
7th September 2008, 13:40
demlyn888 and grant,

any news on your visa applications? really looking forward to hearing your update. i hope that you both get the good news next week coz when that happens it means that mine would be next .... :)

menchkin
7th September 2008, 13:41
Perhaps its the peak time of the year for VISA applications. Best Wishes Menchkin and Grant.

Thanks benb! I really hope we get get positive results soon :)

grant
7th September 2008, 16:48
no news yet trina, still waiting my dear it will be 10 weeks this wednesday 10th sept, but no news is good news, hehehhe so they say.

grant
7th September 2008, 16:50
thanks friend for your support, take care and god bless

grant
9th September 2008, 17:08
menckin when did you apply for your spouse visa, what date my friend thanks grant.

menchkin
10th September 2008, 01:51
menckin when did you apply for your spouse visa, what date my friend thanks grant.

lodged my application on july 23. i'm entering my 8th week of waiting tomorrow. :Brick: :Brick: :Brick:

did you follow-up your application status with the embassy?

menchkin
10th September 2008, 14:21

sis, any news on your visa application? it's your 11th week of waiting already, right?

why is it taking the embassy more than 10 weeks now to process the settlement visa application???? :NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo:

demlyn888
10th September 2008, 14:34
sis, any news on your visa application? it's your 11th week of waiting already, right?

why is it taking the embassy more than 10 weeks now to process the settlement visa application???? :NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo:

hi menchkin! yes its our 11th week this Friday :Brick::Brick::Brick: and still no news. i did receive an email from them saying due to busy periods processing times will take up to 13 weeks now:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
it is so stressful just waiting and more waiting...:Brick::Brick::Brick:

menchkin
10th September 2008, 14:37
hi menchkin! yes its our 11th week this Friday :Brick::Brick::Brick: and still no news. i did receive an email from them saying due to busy periods processing times will take up to 13 weeks now:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
it is so stressful just waiting and more waiting...:Brick::Brick::Brick:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 13 WEEKS??????????????????? :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: That's way too long. I thought my waiting time would only be 9-10 weeks???? I'm really frustrated with this update :Brick: :Brick: :Brick:

demlyn888
10th September 2008, 14:43
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 13 WEEKS??????????????????? :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: That's way too long. I thought my waiting time would only be 9-10 weeks???? I'm really frustrated with this update :Brick: :Brick: :Brick:

me and you both:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: you never know menchkin, you might not wait that long. lets just keep our faith and trust in HIM that in the end it will be a positive result.:)
the only thing is they might still ask for an interview after letting you wait so long:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

menchkin
10th September 2008, 14:46
me and you both:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: you never know menchkin, you might not wait that long. lets just keep our faith and trust in HIM that in the end it will be a positive result.:)
the only thing is they might still ask for an interview after letting you wait so long:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

I really thought that since summer time in UK is over that the busyness of visa application would somehow be lessen. but why is the opposite happening???? :doh :doh :NoNo: :NoNo:

demlyn888
10th September 2008, 14:50
I really thought that since summer time in UK is over that the busyness of visa application would somehow be lessen. but why is the opposite happening???? :doh :doh :NoNo: :NoNo:

that's the question that only them can answer:omg: i still keep tracking but no change just says forwarded to british high commission.:furious3::furious3::furious3:

menchkin
10th September 2008, 14:56
that's the question that only them can answer:omg: i still keep tracking but no change just says forwarded to british high commission.:furious3::furious3::furious3:

I'm really depressed, frustrated, and stressed right now.:Brick: :Brick: :Brick: I hope that you get your visa if not within this week, early next week. The agony of waiting is already unbearable :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Thanks for the update sis (eventhough it caused me to be "depressed").

demlyn888
10th September 2008, 15:01
I'm really depressed, frustrated, and stressed right now.:Brick: :Brick: :Brick: I hope that you get your visa if not within this week, early next week. The agony of waiting is already unbearable :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Thanks for the update sis (eventhough it caused me to be "depressed").

i am really really really hoping that i do get it soooooon. dont be depressed menchkin i am sure there is nothing to worry. it is just frustrating and stressful waiting cos all we want is to be with our love one.:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

trina
10th September 2008, 20:58
hello sis mench and demlyn
I know it's easy for me to say this because I'm already finished with that stage...but don't worry everything will be fine.. all we have to do now is to pray that it will not take that long...and I am sure that it won't happen...base on my experience I took my waiting too seriously that it came to the part that I always blame my husband and other people which is not right...hehe..konti na lang mga kapatid darating na VISA nyo!!!

jainaewen
11th September 2008, 01:22
hi menckin you dont need to worry because when i applied last september 3 .they posted there september 3 all applications of july 22 is being process at the embassy something like that.

menchkin
11th September 2008, 01:36
hello sis mench and demlyn
I know it's easy for me to say this because I'm already finished with that stage...but don't worry everything will be fine.. all we have to do now is to pray that it will not take that long...and I am sure that it won't happen...base on my experience I took my waiting too seriously that it came to the part that I always blame my husband and other people which is not right...hehe..konti na lang mga kapatid darating na VISA nyo!!!

Thanks for lifting up my spirit. :) I struggled sleeping last night after the not-so-good-update from demlyn...:NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo: I really feel helpless because I can't do anything but just WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

menchkin
11th September 2008, 01:38
hi menckin you dont need to worry because when i applied last september 3 .they posted their september 3 all applications of july 22 is being process at the embassy something like that.

thanks jainaewen for letting me know that. :) i'm still hoping that i won't have to wait for 13 LONG WEEKS before i get my visa....

Tinick
11th September 2008, 21:20
Sorry to be pessimistic Menchkin but by my reckoning this is only your 7th week!:doh My Asawa and I applied the same week as you. Perhaps we look at it differently and be nice to be surprised when (fingers crossed) we get our visa on week 9 :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy:

Good luck to all those waiting. These are hard and difficult times, but God willing we will all be together with our loved ones in good time.

menchkin
11th September 2008, 23:16
Sorry to be pessimistic Menchkin but by my reckoning this is only your 7th week!:doh My Asawa and I applied the same week as you. Perhaps we look at it differently and be nice to be surprised when (fingers crossed) we get our visa on week 9 :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy:

Good luck to all those waiting. These are hard and difficult times, but God willing we will all be together with our loved ones in good time.

Actually I entered my 8th week of waiting yesterday (Sept 11) and I haven't actually waited for more than 9 weeks. I was just starting to get worried that the result of my visa application will come more than 9 weeks since demlyn888 and grant's wife waited longer than 10 weeks already . that's the reason why i made this post.

Yeah, let's hope for the best that our visas will be delivered after 9 weeks waiting. :)

fhara
21st September 2008, 06:22
hi to all..mine is only visit visa but lets pray for a good result to all..and to grant good luck also thats my bf told me "NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS" hope so...take care and godbless....

IainBusby
21st September 2008, 10:11
Actually I entered my 8th week of waiting yesterday (Sept 11) and I haven't actually waited for more than 9 weeks. I was just starting to get worried that the result of my visa application will come more than 9 weeks since demlyn888 and grant's wife waited longer than 10 weeks already . that's the reason why i made this post.

Yeah, let's hope for the best that our visas will be delivered after 9 weeks waiting. :)

Hi Mench,
Just look at this way, this waiting period that your going through is only a tiny miniscule part of your life as a whole and a the only thing that really matters is that the end result is positive. Just chill out and enjoy your life, I'm sure your visa will be on it's way soon.
Iain.

menchkin
21st September 2008, 12:05
Hi Mench,
Just look at this way, this waiting period that your going through is only a tiny miniscule part of your life as a whole and a the only thing that really matters is that the end result is positive. Just chill out and enjoy your life, I'm sure your visa will be on it's way soon.
Iain.

Thanks IaianBusby!!! :) :) :) Actually I'm really trying my very best to keep my patience and not to think so much of my visa. I'll make a post here once I get hold of it (soon i hope). :D :D :D

A_flyer
21st September 2008, 13:00
Mench, waiting long time do not mean refusal... just no answer yet.
I understand your impatience, but hope should still be intact.

Good luck!

menchkin
21st September 2008, 13:07
Mench, waiting long time do not mean refusal... just no answer yet.
I understand your impatience, but hope should still be intact.

Good luck!

Thanks Yves. Hoping to hear the good news from the embassy soon.... :D

maria_and_matt
21st September 2008, 13:40
Thanks Yves. Hoping to hear the good news from the embassy soon.... :D

sis mench good news is on its way:), in the meantime keep yourself busy spend lots of time with your family there, coz when u get ur visa and about to fly here u will be so sad.. i remember when i got my visa i was so happy but then on the airport i was so sad i didnt want to let go of my dad:bigcry:....i cried all the way to london on the plane, the first thing i did when i got here was call my family...

menchkin
21st September 2008, 14:23
sis mench good news is on its way:), in the meantime keep yourself busy spend lots of time with your family there, coz when u get ur visa and about to fly here u will be so sad.. i remember when i got my visa i was so happy but then on the airport i was so sad i didnt want to let go of my dad:bigcry:....i cried all the way to london on the plane, the first thing i did when i got here was call my family...

That's the same thing my husband told me. To enjoy my remaining weeks here in Manila and to bond with my family and friends because it would be a while before we go back here for vacation once I'm already in UK. I will definitely miss my family, friends, the food, the weather, and Christmas and New Year celebrations. But at the same time I am looking forward to seeing my husband again and put an end to our almost 4 year long distance setup. :) :) :)

I'll be entering my 10th week in a few days so I hope it means that my visa is already on it's way.....

PAT
22nd September 2008, 04:34
That's the same thing my husband told me. To enjoy my remaining weeks here in Manila and to bond with my family and friends because it would be a while before we go back here for vacation once I'm already in UK. I will definitely miss my family, friends, the food, the weather, and Christmas and New Year celebrations. But at the same time I am looking forward to seeing my husband again and put an end to our almost 4 year long distance setup. :) :) :)

I'll be entering my 10th week in a few days so I hope it means that my visa is already on it's way.....

You will receive your approve visa one of these days menchkin....it's coming soon, don't think much about it, just enjoy each day with your family and friends :):):)

menchkin
22nd September 2008, 05:59
You will receive your approve visa one of these days menchkin....it's coming soon, don't think much about it, just enjoy each day with your family and friends :):):)

Thanks PAT!!! :) :) :)

misscarie
22nd September 2008, 16:41

Hi te mench,eat all ur favorite foods and spend more time with ur family and friends.u will miz them...specially eating manga,calderetang itik,inihaw etc...

Goodluck on ur Visa...it's coming :)

menchkin
23rd September 2008, 15:17
Hi te mench,eat all ur favorite foods and spend more time with ur family and friends.u will miz them...specially eating manga,calderetang itik,inihaw etc...

Goodluck on ur Visa...it's coming :)

Surely I'll miss indian mangoes with matching spicy bagoong and all Filipino food. :D :D :D The thought of it already makes me a bit sad but I'm willing to make a sacrifice just to be with my husband. :) :) :)

I really hope to hear the good news by next week....

maria_and_matt
23rd September 2008, 15:26
Surely I'll miss indian mangoes with matching spicy bagoong and all Filipino food. :D :D :D The thought of it already makes me a bit sad but I'm willing to make a sacrifice just to be with my husband. :) :) :)

I really hope to hear the good news by next week....

sis all eat you can na :icon_lol:, you can also get indian mangoes here ang bagoong but not the good weather :cwm12:

menchkin
23rd September 2008, 15:32
sis all eat you can na :icon_lol:, you can also get indian mangoes here ang bagoong but not the good weather :cwm12:

Yes, that's what I'm doing since last week. I am really enjoying all the Filipino food I can eat.hehehe! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: It's good to know that I can still get indian mangoes and bagoong once I'm there in UK. That's a relief. :D

A_flyer
23rd September 2008, 17:43
Here in Toulouse we have Pakistan mangoes and not Indian ones...

menchkin
24th September 2008, 01:46
Here in Toulouse we have Pakistan mangoes and not Indian ones...

How's the taste of the Pakistan mangoes? Is it the same as Philippines mangoes?

A_flyer
24th September 2008, 06:15
How's the taste of the Pakistan mangoes? Is it the same as Philippines mangoes?
My Wife said yes. The more common mangoes here are from South America but it's not yellow mangoes and the taste is different (different cultivar?).
The only problem with Pakistan mangoes is the cost... it's 4€/kilo. So we're buying them only from time to time (and they're not staying long at home...). :icon_lol:

menchkin
24th September 2008, 06:19
My Wife said yes. The more common mangoes here are from South America but it's not yellow mangoes and the taste is different (different cultivar?).
The only problem with Pakistan mangoes is the cost... it's 4€/kilo. So we're buying them only from time to time (and they're not staying long at home...). :icon_lol:

That's what I thought. I remember when I went to the U.S. and tried their mangoes there,the taste is way different from the ones in the Philippines. I hope I could still find green mangoes in Scotland. I will bring a couple of jars of spicy bagoong with me. hehe! :D

A_flyer
24th September 2008, 06:36
That's what I thought. I remember when I went to the U.S. and tried their mangoes there,the taste is way different from the ones in the Philippines. I hope I could still find green mangoes in Scotland. I will bring a couple of jars of spicy bagoong with me. hehe! :D
It's easy (well is Asian stores) to find yellow mangoes in can, but it was only this year we found fresh yellow ripe ones.

menchkin
24th September 2008, 06:43
It's easy (well is Asian stores) to find yellow mangoes in can, but it was only this year we found fresh yellow ripe ones.

Thanks for the tip Yves. I will definitely hunt for mangoes once I'm there. :)

demlyn888
24th September 2008, 09:32
Thanks for lifting up my spirit. :) I struggled sleeping last night after the not-so-good-update from demlyn...:NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo: I really feel helpless because I can't do anything but just WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

hi mench! any news about your visa? im sure it is coming this week. keep us posted sis.:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

menchkin
24th September 2008, 09:35
hi mench! any news about your visa? im sure it is coming this week. keep us posted sis.:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

No news yet sis :NoNo: :bigcry: :NoNo: :bigcry: I'm entering my 10th week tomorrow. I really hope my visa would be released next week, if not this week. Hope my waiting would end soon......... :Brick: :Brick: :Brick:

I am about to be waiting for more than 9 weeks OFFICIALLY.....

demlyn888
24th September 2008, 09:42
No news yet sis :NoNo: :bigcry: :NoNo: :bigcry: I'm entering my 10th week tomorrow. I really hope my visa would be released next week, if not this week. Hope my waiting would end soon......... :Brick: :Brick: :Brick:

sis do you track your application online? i know it usually says the same thing but i think they do change it when they gave your application back to UKVAC. just a little bit more of waiting sis and once you receive a text from them its party time...:cwm12::BouncyHappy::cwm12::BouncyHappy:

menchkin
24th September 2008, 09:46
sis do you track your application online? i know it usually says the same thing but i think they do change it when they gave your application back to UKVAC. just a little bit more of waiting sis and once you receive a text from them its party time...:cwm12::BouncyHappy::cwm12::BouncyHappy:

I gave up on tracking the status of my visa application in the VFS website sis coz it remains the same. :cwm23: :cwm23: :cwm23:

What my husband did was he phoned the visa section of the embassy yesterday and the woman who answered told him that the checking/verification of all our supporting docs is already complete and is now waiting for the ECO's decision. And she added the waiting could take up to 13 weeks (the same thing that was said in the reply email to your followup, i think that's part of their standard answer to every followup nowadays)

demlyn888
24th September 2008, 09:50
I gave up on tracking the status of my visa application in the VFS website sis coz it remains the same. :cwm23: :cwm23: :cwm23:

What my husband did was he phoned the visa section of the embassy yesterday and the woman who answered told him that the checking/verification of all our supporting docs is already complete and is now waiting for the ECO's decision. And she added the waiting could take up to 13 weeks (the same thing that was said in the reply email to your followup, i think that's part of their standard answer to every followup nowadays)

yes i think so too sis that is their standard reply. you know what sis i am pretty sure it is on its way. you dont have anything to worry:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

menchkin
24th September 2008, 09:54
yes i think so too sis that is their standard reply. you know what sis i am pretty sure it is on its way. you dont have anything to worry:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, I'm keeping my patience and sanity sis. hehehe! :D :D :D I can endure another week of waiting if it means that I will finally get my visa. I will definitely celebrate the moment it happens..... Thanks again sis for the encouragement and I'm still hoping we could fly together on the 16th of October. :)

demlyn888
24th September 2008, 10:00
Yes, I'm keeping my patience and sanity sis. hehehe! :D :D :D I can endure another week of waiting if it means that I will finally get of my visa. I will definitely celebrate the moment it happens..... Thanks again sis for the encouragement and I'm still hoping we could fly together on the 16th of October. :)
i sure hope so sis...that would be great if we could fly together on the 16th...:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

menchkin
24th September 2008, 10:04
i sure hope so sis...that would be great if we could fly together on the 16th...:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

I'll make a post here once I get my visa promise..... :D Take care sis and thanks again...! :)