PDA

View Full Version : UK Immigration Law on Medical Examination

gaius
4th September 2008, 08:49
Greetings to all!

I have found that the UK Immigration Law (updated July 2008) particularly on the "General provisions regarding leave to or remain in the UK" of Medical paragraph 36 - 37... quoted as follows:

"36. A person who intends to remain in the United Kingdom for more than 6 months should normally be referred to the Medical Inspector for examination. If he produces a medical certificate he should be advised to hand it to the Medical Inspector. Any person seeking entry who mentions health or medical treatment as a reason for his visit, or who appears not to be in good mental or physical health, should also be referred to the Medical Inspector; and the Immigration Officer has discretion, which should be exercised sparingly, to refer for examination in any other case."

"37. Where the Medical Inspector advises that a person seeking entry is suffering from a specified disease or condition which may interfere with his ability to support himself or his dependants, the Immigration Officer should take account of this, in conjunction with other factors, in deciding whether to admit that person. The Immigration Officer should also take account of the Medical Inspector's assessment of the likely course of treatment in deciding whether a person seeking entry for private medical treatment has sufficient means at his disposal."

I'm applying for a DEPENDENT VISA (Philippines Applicant) and I understand based on paragraph 36, anyone is required for medical examination. I would like to ask anyone here who have made or succeeded (particularly the same visa am applying with) entering any port of entry in UK who have undergone medical examination before they received their Entry Clearance? Also if anyone who has expertise could further explain this new updated immigration law.

Thank you so much!

Gaius