PDA

View Full Version : British Embassy

gingxrick
3rd August 2006, 13:38
who else finds it very hard to get through to the British Embassy in Manila,
I got up this morning at 5am to phone them and didnt get through untill 8 10am wow a nightmare but got through in the end.:BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy:

KeithD
3rd August 2006, 16:52
If you're very lucky, you'll get through, and if you belive in miracles, you may even get someone who is helpful :NoNo:

ginapeterb
3rd August 2006, 17:32
Getting through by phone has always been a hit and miss affair at the British Embassy, I take my hat off to you, for trying, best person to speak to, is Oscar at the Visa Information desk, as Keith says, getting someone who will talk to you and be helpful is a miracle, such is the hard life they have.

mrsfrivolity
3rd August 2006, 18:11
Can you not contact them by email anymore? I remember when we were in the visa process, we used to be able to. There was an email listed in the Contact Us list before.

gingxrick
3rd August 2006, 20:28
Hi to all, thanks for the information, Yes I did get through this morning and I got through went we sent the application in on June 23rd thats when I was given a Ref No so when the girl asked me this morning I told her and she came back to me with the answer that I should hear early next week about the settlement visa :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy:

andypaul
3rd August 2006, 22:54
Back last year i sent emails which were replyed to within hours ( i sent them early morning uk time 7-8ish. The email address i used was one off the website at the time.

Pauldo
4th August 2006, 03:35
I got up this morning at 5am to phone them and didnt get through untill 8 10am wow a nightmare but got through in the end.:BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy:
Six months, ago when we were after the visa for the mum in law, my wife called them several times, from the UK, and had no problem getting through. Maybe they have a half day, or it is some sort of holiday or day off over there?

ajwafa
4th August 2006, 10:41

When I was waiting for my visa there, I keep ringing ukvacs almost every other day. But its the same thing they always say its at the embassy.

You just need to keep tracking the visa, but there's not much you can read aside from a brief profile of the applicant and (At The Embassy) lol..............:yikes: