PDA

View Full Version : Paying visa fees from the UK

Sangoma
8th September 2008, 18:55
Is there any way to pay for the fees from the UK? I don't like the idea of someone walking around with P100k cash to go to a bank to make payment

IainBusby
8th September 2008, 20:32
Can't you transfer it directly into a Philippines bank account. As I remember, a managers cheque drawn on a Philippines is what is required to pay the visa fee.
Iain.

Sangoma
8th September 2008, 20:50
Can't you transfer it directly into a Philippines bank account. As I remember, a managers cheque drawn on a Philippines is what is required to pay the visa fee.
Iain.

I was wondering if the cheque could come from say PNB in London, or another Philippine bank in the UK, or another way of dealing directly with a bank

IainBusby
8th September 2008, 21:54
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it has to be a Bank in the Philippines.
Iain.

vbkelly
9th September 2008, 09:39
hi ya if your wife have a bank account in philippines you can transfer a money to her account then she can request a manager cheque to the banks payable to british embassy manila

Mrs Daddy
9th September 2008, 11:43
Is there any way to pay for the fees from the UK? I don't like the idea of someone walking around with P100k cash to go to a bank to make payment

I think it would make it easier if u use a bank draft form of payment:Erm:

IainBusby
9th September 2008, 13:07
I would also be worried if my wife were walking around with that sort of money in cash, much better to use a managers cheque if it's at all possible. Probably the quickest thing to do this if your wife doesn't have an account with a bank that you can easily transfer money into, is to send her P5000 and get her to open a PNB account. Then as soon as she has given you the account number, register for the PNB online transfer and you can send her money overnight from your credit or debit card.

This is exactly what I got my wife to do and if I remember correctly, it was all up and running in a couple of days.

BTW, for separate visa applications, ie dependant children, you need to have separate managers cheques.

Here are a couple of useful links:
http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/visas/

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/visafees.aspx Visa Fees effective from 20/08/2008.

Iain.

xebec
10th September 2008, 18:30
I would also talk to the bank branch before you transfer the money just to make sure they are aware of the process.
Admittedly ours wasnt quite the same procedure - we were seeking to pay in Pesos and make the payment to the British Embassy via the bank branch as per the instrucyions on the VFS website. The first branch (Banco Doro) had no idea what we were trying to do despite the website saying it could be done at any branch of the major banks.
We werent then able to pursue the matter for a few days by which time the visa fee had increased.

PeterB
11th September 2008, 03:13
Looking at the VFS site last night, I see that visa fees can be paid by Bancnet online - I presume that this means that it can be done with debit/credit card and from anywhere!

Sangoma
11th September 2008, 12:47
Looking at the VFS site last night, I see that visa fees can be paid by Bancnet online - I presume that this means that it can be done with debit/credit card and from anywhere!

I saw that, but then it asks you to choose one of their partner banks, and nothing I have is included.

PeterB
12th September 2008, 13:05
Obviously I haven't completed a transaction, but if you choose one of the banks it allows you to enter card number, and other details, without having to log in. Nothing says that you have to hold an account with that bank. Give it a go and see what happens.