PDA

View Full Version : Certificate of no Impediment

Ady
10th September 2008, 14:18
My gf was recently annulled, and we have the relevant documents in terms of the annotated Marriage Certificate and court orders. However, is there such a thing as a certificate of no impediment that the NSO can provide to help strengthen a visa application/ application of marriage?

menchkin
10th September 2008, 14:25
My gf was recently annulled, and we have the relevant documents in terms of the annotated Marriage Certificate and court orders. However, is there such a thing as a certificate of no impediment that the NSO can provide to help strengthen a visa application/ application of marriage?

I think you're referring to CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage) issued by NSO. But since your girlfriend was married before and the marriage was already annulled, her annotated marriage certificate is enough evidence already.

Mrs.JMajor
12th September 2008, 08:43
Yes Ady,Mench is right :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
12th September 2008, 09:45
I think you're referring to CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage) issued by NSO. But since your girlfriend was married before and the marriage was already annulled, her annotated marriage certificate is enough evidence already.

I think for the purpose of re-marriage, the idea is that she has to produce both and that the one cancels out the other and leaves her free to marry again, if that makes sense.:Erm:
Iain.