PDA

View Full Version : Cheap shipping from PH to UK

trina
11th September 2008, 21:47
hi guys...

I am looking for a cheap shipping company that will ship my things to UK..

DianaKevy
12th September 2008, 15:34
hello trina and matt,

the cheapest way to send is by post. thats what i did with my things. it arrived here only 3-4 days. try it.

maria_and_matt
12th September 2008, 15:47
what r u trying to ship here?

DianaKevy
12th September 2008, 15:49
i had ship my things like books, clothes (winter clothes especially) :P shoes ,bags , blender and other stuff.

menchkin
12th September 2008, 16:35
i had ship my things like books, clothes (winter clothes especially) :P shoes ,bags , blender and other stuff.

How much did you pay?

trina
12th September 2008, 20:47
Yep Dianakevy...

how much it was????thanks

cheesewiz
12th September 2008, 23:28
I did that before thru DHL in Phils I bought a few things in the Phils then send it to my self here in UK. I asked the agent in the Phils if there's no problem getting it to UK she said NO I put $100 worth on items in the box and cost me Php 5500 to send it here. After a week it arrives after I get back here no problem. To make the story short after 7 months the custom rang me to say I have to pay custom duty tax on it worth £120:Brick: morethan what I pay for it and morethan what's inside the box.

So I will never do that again ever.

maria_and_matt
13th September 2008, 00:50
sometimes it does not pay to ship things over here, when i went here 15 years ago all i had was money and a few clothes.

my sister in law gave me a present of filipino dvds last year posted it via dhl i got the present signed then he tells me i have to pay tax even it was a present. you have to be careful what you ship here, the tax might be more than what ur sending.

trina
13th September 2008, 06:55
sometimes it does not pay to ship things over here, when i went here 15 years ago all i had was money and a few clothes.

my sister in law gave me a present of filipino dvds last year posted it via dhl i got the present signed then he tells me i have to pay tax even it was a present. you have to be careful what you ship here, the tax might be more than what ur sending.

exactly... In my experience...My husband sent me a present last July for my Birthday...he did sent it via DHL..he paid 38 pounds..after 10 days DHl rang me saying I have to pay the duties and taxes....:doh:doh:doh.... around P 4000...

that is why I'm asking you guys if you could me help me with this....

Ana_may365
13th September 2008, 17:01
we sent some thick wood furnitures [4 small single chair,i long chair,2 small table for lamp shades,1 dining table,1 big showcase cabinet,2 chest table and 1 folding bar.all in curve of elephant and tree to match][4 people cant lift the 1 small chair]from thailand to our house.and it cost us £1,800

doonat
14th September 2008, 19:11
what kind of stuff do you want to ship to uk? i tried it in the post office last april and it will arrive to your door step in 2-3 weeks time. the package weights 5 kg (i declared it to be books and computer parts but the content consists of pure dvd's wrapped in a thick blanket :)) and costs me around 2,700 pesos. better inquire at their office for heavier items, i think it will depend on the items you will declare when filling up the form. post office is much cheaper but takes long to arrive. express mails are fast and expensive, and you might even pay taxes for the item once delivered in uk..

trina
14th September 2008, 19:51
what kind of stuff do you want to ship to uk? i tried it in the post office last april and it will arrive to your door step in 2-3 weeks time. the package weights 5 kg (i declared it to be books and computer parts but the content consists of pure dvd's wrapped in a thick blanket :)) and costs me around 2,700 pesos. better inquire at their office for heavier items, i think it will depend on the items you will declare when filling up the form. post office is much cheaper but takes long to arrive. express mails are fast and expensive, and you might even pay taxes for the item once delivered in uk..

yeah...I could do....Thanks... well I will try to ship some of my clothes, shoes, some stuff from the My wedding...

Jay&Zobel
23rd September 2008, 22:42
Use Post Office and declare the package as gifts, (no tax for gifts)