PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

Alan
15th September 2008, 13:31
OK folks - my first serious question upon my return to the forum..............

Here goes...................

It was on the news a few days ago that the Filipino Government is clamping down on motorcyclists.

You must now have the proper licence - use lights all the time - all must wear helmets - AND...................a maximum of 2 people to a motorcycle!!!!

My question is..........what will the other 10 people do?????

Al.:)

kimmi
15th September 2008, 13:50
Prof AL???:doh:doh:bigcry::bigcry::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::bigcry::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::doh::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:bigcry::Rasp::Rasp::icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
15th September 2008, 14:59
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/1807985489_2165bc14e7_o.jpg

PeterB
15th September 2008, 16:48
You must now have the proper licence - use lights all the time - all must wear helmets - AND...................a maximum of 2 people to a motorcycle!!!!

That's 'full-face' helmets (this comes as a shock to a nation of motorcyclists who have been accustomed to satisfying the law by wearing push-bike helmets), and you must now wear long trousers while on a motorbike.

My brother-in-law has already been stopped for carrying two passengers on my motor!

This law is really going to cause problems here, where families tend to be larger than we're accustomed to in UK, and where most families feel priviledged when they can actually own a bike.

I wonder whether they're going to get stricter on cars too ... I've driven with 14 people in my car!

IanB
15th September 2008, 17:10
I saw 4 people on a scooter last week. And that was in Crawley:yikes:, chav capital of the South.

IanB
15th September 2008, 17:22
I saw 4 people on a scooter last week. And that was in Crawley:yikes:, chav capital of the South.

aposhark
15th September 2008, 18:54
OK folks - my first serious question upon my return to the forum..............

Here goes...................

It was on the news a few days ago that the Filipino Government is clamping down on motorcyclists.

Hi Al,

(pm sent)

The other 10 people will climb on top of the many articulated vehicles that travel around with no lights on front or back :yikes::omg::omg:

aromulus
15th September 2008, 22:03

Heard you the first time......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
16th September 2008, 06:45

:Erm:put a wide cart like the carabao does so the other people can ride:rolleyes::D:Cuckoo::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::cwm12:

Piamed
16th September 2008, 18:57
This new legislation will create so much hardship for many. But it will really save live. I am constantly upset when I hear that yet another of Pia's family & friends has died due to a mororbike incident.

In many cases the lack of access to adequate medical services precipitates their death but the injuries sustained could have been minimised their need for such critical medical services.