PDA

View Full Version : Tampo isn't in Mars and Venus

aposhark
16th September 2008, 17:03
Hi,

I was pondering this "Tampo" concept and it got me thinking:

I remember a few years ago reading "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" and I remember the generalisation that when men are cheesed off, they want to "go into the cave" and not speak until they can understand the problem. Then we come out ready to get on with things again.
Conversely, the book said that women want to talk about their problems as it helps them to feel better about things.

These concepts were recognised by professionals in marriage guidance fields to be true.

So......you know what's coming.....where the heck does this "Tampo" fit in?
It seems to fly in the face of logic. :cwm24:

I must say that I have not experienced "Tampo" first hand with my new wife. :Cuckoo:

IainBusby
16th September 2008, 21:25
Hi,

I was pondering this "Tampo" concept and it got me thinking:

I remember a few years ago reading "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" and I remember the generalisation that when men are cheesed off, they want to "go into the cave" and not speak until they can understand the problem. Then we come out ready to get on with things again.
Conversely, the book said that women want to talk about their problems as it helps them to feel better about things.

These concepts were recognised by professionals in marriage guidance fields to be true.

So......you know what's coming.....where the heck does this "Tampo" fit in?
It seems to fly in the face of logic. :cwm24:

I must say that I have not experienced "Tampo" first hand with my new wife. :Cuckoo:

When you get the first full blown tampo, you won't know what's hit you. It's usually totally over the top. Unlike anything you've experienced with a western woman.

Iain.

aposhark
16th September 2008, 23:04
When you get the first full blown tampo, you won't know what's hit you. It's usually totally over the top. Unlike anything you've experienced with a western woman.

Iain.

Oh no :doh
I'll just walk to Coventry from Rugby, thinking along the way, and find out what to do from the expert, Iain :icon_lol:

Alan
17th September 2008, 02:33
Is 'Tampo' a derivative of 'Tampax?' That would begin to make sense.

Al.:)

vbkelly
17th September 2008, 08:57
Is 'Tampo' a derivative of 'Tampax?' That would begin to make sense.

Al.:)
:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::doh:doh:doh lol!

KeithD
17th September 2008, 09:11
Tampax: Wikipedia (honest!!)
1. An item to help in the prevention of nosebleeds.
2. A very useful tool for soaking up the last dregs of beer in a can so you can then suck out the last drops.
3. Emergency item for hypnosis.

Geraldine
17th September 2008, 10:44
Hiho!

Tampo is common to most Filipinas who I guess wants more attention from their partners. If they want something, but can not have it...she will go 'tampo. If their partner had done something wrong, she will go 'tampo' again. She prefers to be in a 'tampo mode' - keeps quiet, acts strange, ignores you, sometimes be mean to you - until their partner make an effort to make 'lambing' or be more affectionate. She wants to be persuaded and pampered like a baby otherwise the 'tampo' will go on until she gets the attention she deserves. She will make you suffer by thinking 'what have I done now?!' :icon_lol: Its childish really but not all Filipinas make 'tampo' some are quite straightforward.

Its doesnt really do any good in a relationship bec not all men are that sensitive. Misunderstandings are easier dealt with if you both talk openly about it rather than having a guessing game.

Im now back to 'tampo mode' :D

PeterB
17th September 2008, 14:52
Of course, when pregnant, there doesn't have to be a reason for 'Tampo'!:peepwall:

IainBusby
17th September 2008, 16:11
Oh no :doh
I'll just walk to Coventry from Rugby, thinking along the way, and find out what to do from the expert, Iain :icon_lol:

I didn't know you were from Rugby. In that case you'll have to get along to some of our Coventry Filipina parties and get togethers.

The full blown tampo is generally preceeded by a long silence, think of it like the calm before the storm. The longer the silence, the worse it is when the storm is unleashed. It's best to try and find out what the problem is and get it sorted while she is still at the silent stage. Mind you that's not as easy as it sounds, because if you ask what's wrong she won't tell you because your supposed to know already and if you don't know already it's because your just a totally insensitive man.

Figure that one out and your a better man than I am Gunga Din! :Erm:
Iain.

scott&ligaya
17th September 2008, 17:17
Mind you that's not as easy as it sounds, because if you ask what's wrong she won't tell you because your supposed to know already and if you don't know already it's because your just a totally insensitive man.

:):):) spot on observation Ian.... but don't tell my honey:BouncyHappy:

keithAngel
17th September 2008, 19:05
I asked my honey and she said Tampo is spoilt brat :rolleyes:

aposhark
17th September 2008, 22:42
I didn't know you were from Rugby. In that case you'll have to get along to some of our Coventry Filipina parties and get togethers.

The full blown tampo is generally preceeded by a long silence, think of it like the calm before the storm. The longer the silence, the worse it is when the storm is unleashed. It's best to try and find out what the problem is and get it sorted while she is still at the silent stage. Mind you that's not as easy as it sounds, because if you ask what's wrong she won't tell you because your supposed to know already and if you don't know already it's because your just a totally insensitive man.

Figure that one out and your a better man than I am Gunga Din! :Erm:
Iain.

When Rochelyn has arrived and settled in, I would love to come to visit you and Louella, Iain. Thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Why Men Can't Win

Please read without being too serious.......
I do remember what my Mum told me when she was alive;
"Don't try to understand women because they don't understand themselves".
Although I do think that us men can get a little weird at times too :Rasp::icon_lol::Rasp: AND I do love my wife :D

If you work too hard, there is never any time for her.
If you don't work enough, you're a good-for-nothing bum.

If she has a boring repetitive job with low pay, it's exploitation.
If you have a boring repetitive job with low pay, you should get off your butt and find something better.

If you get a promotion ahead of her, it's favoritism.
If she gets a job ahead of you, it's equal opportunity.

If you mention how nice she looks, it's sexual harassment.
If you keep quiet, it's male indifference.

If you cry, you're a wimp.
If you don't, you're insensitive.

If you make a decision without consulting her, you're a chauvinist.
If she makes a decision without consulting you, she's a liberated woman.

If you ask her to do something she doesn't enjoy, that's domination.
If she asks you, it's a favour.

If you try to keep yourself in shape, you're vain.
If you don't, you're a slob.

If you buy her flowers, you're after something.
If you don't, you're not thoughtful.

If you're proud of your achievements, you're an egotist.
If you're not, you're not ambitious.

If she has a headache, she's tired.
If you have a headache, you don't love her anymore.

aromulus
18th September 2008, 07:24
I knew that this would come in useful sometime, it explains a lot..... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

True.... "a picture is a thousand words".....:rolleyes:

IainBusby
18th September 2008, 08:23
When Rochelyn has arrived and settled in, I would love to come to visit you and Louella, Iain. Thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Why Men Can't Win

Please read without being too serious.......
I do remember what my Mum told me when she was alive;
"Don't try to understand women because they don't understand themselves".
Although I do think that us men can get a little weird at times too :Rasp::icon_lol::Rasp: AND I do love my wife :D

If you work too hard, there is never any time for her.
If you don't work enough, you're a good-for-nothing bum.

If she has a boring repetitive job with low pay, it's exploitation.
If you have a boring repetitive job with low pay, you should get off your butt and find something better.

If you get a promotion ahead of her, it's favoritism.
If she gets a job ahead of you, it's equal opportunity.

If you mention how nice she looks, it's sexual harassment.
If you keep quiet, it's male indifference.

If you cry, you're a wimp.
If you don't, you're insensitive.

If you make a decision without consulting her, you're a chauvinist.
If she makes a decision without consulting you, she's a liberated woman.

If you ask her to do something she doesn't enjoy, that's domination.
If she asks you, it's a favour.

If you try to keep yourself in shape, you're vain.
If you don't, you're a slob.

If you buy her flowers, you're after something.
If you don't, you're not thoughtful.

If you're proud of your achievements, you're an egotist.
If you're not, you're not ambitious.

If she has a headache, she's tired.
If you have a headache, you don't love her anymore.

You'd be more than welcome and we'd try to get some of the other Coventry Filipinas to come along as well to make Rochelyn feel more at home here in the UK, she'll probably go back to Rugby with her cell phone full of new numbers so she'll have lots of girls to chat to as the nights start to draw in and she starts to miss the sunshine back home.

I'll PM you our contact details and you can give us a ring anytime!

Iain.