PDA

View Full Version : From Singapore to UK

kramsa
17th September 2008, 05:53
Good day to all of you, We are couple permanent resident in singapore for three years now and planning to move there at UK - Middlesex.
We will get our tourist visa first then look for a job there, I have two question and need some advice.

1. Is it easier to get a UK tourist visa from Singapore?
2. If we managed to get a job is it possible to change visa category from tourist visa to working visa?

advance thank you to those who will answer.

KeithD
17th September 2008, 09:02
1. Yes
2. No

Europe is in recession, you'll be lucky to get a job that doesn't include shoveling poo. :)

vbkelly
17th September 2008, 09:10
Good day to all of you, We are couple permanent resident in singapore for three years now and planning to move there at UK - Middlesex.
We will get our tourist visa first then look for a job there, I have two question and need some advice.

2. If we managed to get a job is it possible to change visa category from tourist visa to working visa?

1.yes
2.i don't think so if you allow to work in your tourist visa,like boss keith said Europe is in recession, you'll be lucky to get a job that doesn't include shoveling poo.

A_flyer
17th September 2008, 10:09
What is your both citizenship? jobs in Europe are mostly reserved to European Union citizens ... except some special skills.

Working with a tourist visa means you can't be declared... it's is one of the best way to be banned... and the employer fined!
It's not like in Singapore: you can enter there with a tourist visa, look for a job and the employer can file for an employment pass and 3 weeks later you can officilally stay and work. That's not at all like this in Europe. An employer that want to hire you (assuming you're not a E.U. citizen) will have to demonstrate first that no European Union citizen can do the job, and when accepted by the local administration you will have to wait in your origin country the work visa... not easy.

aromulus
17th September 2008, 12:13

What is, exactly, that attracts you to the Uk...???:Erm:

The high taxes...
The horrible weather...
The miserable and morose londoners...
The poor and nearly non-existent garbage collections...
The high fuel costs...

Answers on the back of a stamp, please....:NoNo:

kramsa
17th September 2008, 16:20
1.yes
2.i don't think so if you allow to work in your tourist visa,like boss keith said Europe is in recession, you'll be lucky to get a job that doesn't include shoveling poo.

no worries 'coz we got no plan to work under tourist visa, what we plan is to work legally. look for a job and change our visa category. thanks.

kramsa
17th September 2008, 16:31
What is, exactly, that attracts you to the Uk...???:Erm:

The high taxes...
The horrible weather...
The miserable and morose londoners...
The poor and nearly non-existent garbage collections...
The high fuel costs...

Answers on the back of a stamp, please....:NoNo:

[QUOTE=aromulus;88388]What is, exactly, that attracts you to the Uk...???:Erm:

The high taxes... tax is also high in Singapore + Monthly CPF.
The horrible weather... I like.. :icon_lol:
The miserable and morose londoners... We live in a multi race country and got no issues so far.:D
The poor and nearly non-existent garbage collections...I have to admit it is really clean here and very organize.
The high fuel costs... no car yet :bigcry:

Thanks to you but there is no answer from what I've asked.

kramsa
17th September 2008, 16:46
1. Yes
2. No

Europe is in recession, you'll be lucky to get a job that doesn't include shoveling poo. :)

any suggestion/advice or workaround on how to acquire a good job without shoveling poo?:omg:

Tourist visa hunt for a job then shift visa category to Working visa? or WHM?

KeithD
17th September 2008, 17:34
Can we do an exchange? :icon_lol:

About time I went back to Singapore :xxgrinning--00xx3:

demlyn888
17th September 2008, 19:17
no worries 'coz we got no plan to work under tourist visa, what we plan is to work legally. look for a job and change our visa category. thanks.

as far as i know if you come here as a tourist you cannot change it to any kind of visa. someone can correct me here if im wrong.

darren-b
17th September 2008, 20:01
Tourist visa hunt for a job then shift visa category to Working visa? or WHM?

As others have already said you can't just switch from a tourist visa to a work permit. If you find an employer willing to sponsor you for a work permit you would have to leave the UK and then come back when (or if..) your work permit was approved.

WHM is not an option if you are Filipino (which I'm presuming you are).

The other possible option is highly skilled worker (Tier 1 General) assuming you meet the requirements in terms of qualifications, current earnings, savings, etc.

A_flyer
17th September 2008, 20:22
as far as i know if you come here as a tourist you cannot change it to any kind of visa. someone can correct me here if im wrong.
That's true and not only in the UK. In France too.

keithAngel
18th September 2008, 01:42
Would you be Downunderists?

kramsa
18th September 2008, 04:16
As others have already said you can't just switch from a tourist visa to a work permit. If you find an employer willing to sponsor you for a work permit you would have to leave the UK and then come back when (or if..) your work permit was approved.

WHM is not an option if you are Filipino (which I'm presuming you are).

The other possible option is highly skilled worker (Tier 1 General) assuming you meet the requirements in terms of qualifications, current earnings, savings, etc.

In that case if there would be an employer willing to sponsor for a work permit its fine with me to go back in Singapore and wait, no choice dude...

YES I am a Filipino from head to foot :xxgrinning--00xx3:
you made me confused there :D I've thought i posted to some other forum instead of Filipinouk..

Thanks for enlighten...
PEACE.

aromulus
18th September 2008, 07:15
You can try to find some kind of sponsorhip, but guarantees of success are very slim.:NoNo:

Good luck.