PDA

View Full Version : How much to buy a matress in the Philippines?

IanB
20th September 2008, 19:08
Just a simple single bed matress. The prices my gf is quoting sound a bit high.

Foam or sprung? Some people recommend foam, but doesn't that get a bit hot in such a hot country?

thanks as ever for your advice.

Ian

baboyako
20th September 2008, 19:34
the cheapest will be about 4000, thats not a real bed.. more like a sprung divan base.

to get something that is more like what you'd find in the UK you will be paying closer to 10,000.

for a single 2inch thick (matteress cover thing) thats likely to be about 1000.

a comforter (duvet) is around 3000.

you get more for your money in the uk all told.

doonat
20th September 2008, 19:39
depends on where she will buy it. foam is much cheaper and easy to deliver and you're right it gets hot in a couple of hours - not advisable in hot areas.
matress is better but more expensive.

to give you an idea about price of foam or matress only:

SM or other big malls - 4k to 25k
1" foam approx 1k
6" foam costs around 4k
simple matress 3k-8k

IanB
20th September 2008, 19:59
Thats actually really useful. Mae has said 9k. But guys on another forum said 1k! It is reassuring to know she is being reasonable.

Mrs.JMajor
21st September 2008, 02:02
Well, i just bought last Feb when hubby came over in PI,mattress original and warranty for 5 years until 10 yrs u can return it if something wrong happen and they gonna change it to new one,here is the price,cause the 9k is really expensive,mine doubled 48x75 only 4 thousand that was the original and famous foam here in PI,but you are only asking for single one,i bought mine at SM mega mall :) Uratex foam

hoping Keith and mods will allow the link

http://www.uratex.com.ph/Foam/Foam_Main.htm

PeterB
21st September 2008, 15:13
We have a decent quality, sprung mattress (much like what I had in the UK), Queen size ... that cost about 12k, if I remember correctly.

andypaul
21st September 2008, 21:56
We forget that many prices are far cheaper in the UK due to bulk buying etc. Also the higher turnover of household items in general.

As they are most likely made abroad in China or wherever they will be pretty much the same price maybe a tad higher due to lower demand etc.

angel2008
22nd September 2008, 08:10
last june my husband bought P12,500, king size bed.