PDA

View Full Version : Newbie seeking infos/help

raych
24th September 2008, 17:27
Hello everyone. I'm Raych and I'm a newbie here. I was hoping I could get some advise. I shall launch my application for a tourist / visitor's visa anytime very soon with my boyfriend sponsoring me.

I have some concerns however and I've listed it down:

1. I'll be applying for the tourist/visitor's visa valid only for six (6) months because that's what they will likely grant me anyway. Nonetheless, I'm hoping I could apply online and attend interviews when I go there as this is as far as I can accomplish, considering that I'm not allowed to accept any paid work/services. My question is, just in case an employer takes interest in hiring me, Can I possibly apply for a working visa and get a work permit without having to leave Clevedon?

2. I've been married before but I've been separated for more than five years now. I have one daughter and she's five. Should I be able to secure a working visa and I manage to get her to Clevedon as well, would she be eligible to attend public school? -Because private schools are just too expensive.

3. Where do I get cheap medical insurance?

4. Are there members here from Clevedon or Bristol? What are they like there and what is the standard of living over there? What about work opportunities? -- I'm in Human Resouces but I'm up for anything.

I'd appreciate any info anyone can give. Thank you so much.

walesrob
24th September 2008, 18:12
Hello everyone. I'm Raych and I'm a newbie here. I was hoping I could get some advise. I shall launch my application for a tourist / visitor's visa anytime very soon with my boyfriend sponsoring me.

1. I'll be applying for the tourist/visitor's visa valid only for six (6) months because that's what they will likely grant me anyway. Nonetheless, I'm hoping I could apply online and attend interviews when I go there as this is as far as I can accomplish, considering that I'm not allowed to accept any paid work/services. My question is, just in case an employer takes interest in hiring me, Can I possibly apply for a working visa and get a work permit without having to leave Clevedon?

2. I've been married before but I've been separated for more than five years now. I have one daughter and she's five. Should I be able to secure a working visa and I manage to get her to Clevedon as well, would she be eligible to attend public school? -Because private schools are just too expensive.

3. Where do I get cheap medical insurance?

4. Are there members here from Clevedon or Bristol? What are they like there and what is the standard of living over there? What about work opportunities? -- I'm in Human Resouces but I'm up for anything.

I'd appreciate any info anyone can give. Thank you so much.

Hi Raych, welcome to the forum.

Member Sim11UK is from Clevedon, and I have also lived there. I know Clerical Medical have their headquarters in Clevedon, so there one avenue for job opportunities. Most HR jobs would tend to be in Bristol rather than Clevedon, but its only a bus ride away. Also consider Avonmouth further up the coast.

Maybe Sim11UK can tell you more about Clevedon and Bristol....

Ana_may365
24th September 2008, 20:55
hiya!welcome here to the forum:):):)

Sim11UK
24th September 2008, 21:40
Hi raych
As walesrob said I live in Clevedon. Was quite surprised to see your thread. :)
It is pretty much a dormitory town, many people commute to Bristol to work, which is 13 miles away. (Don't know the conversion to km.) Having said that, a new Business Park has recently been built & there is lots of small industry, care homes (lots of retired people) & several schools etc. etc.
The whole area is nice, if a little bit expensive.
Clevedon, is situated on the edge of the Bristol channel. It's a victorian seaside town, (much expanded) complete with pier.
No sand on the beach though, as there are only pebbles. Grey/brown coloured sea too.
Just a brief outline really, but maybe of interest to you.
...There are several Filipinos living in the town. :)

benb
24th September 2008, 22:59

Welcome!

You need to qualify (based on points) to get a work permit. Explore this link.
http://www.tier12345.co.uk/

Good luck.

Mrs.JMajor
25th September 2008, 00:08
Welcome raych and good luck to you :Hellooo::Hellooo:

menchkin
25th September 2008, 01:46
Hello and welcome aboard!!! :Hellooo:

PAT
25th September 2008, 03:35
Welcome aboard raych!:):):)

joebloggs
25th September 2008, 04:58
1 nope, i don't think you can change a visitor visa to anything else in country, you would have to leave and apply from the phils for a new visa.

2 yes as your dependant

:rolleyes:

fhara
25th September 2008, 05:50
hi raych welcome.....:)

raych
5th October 2008, 11:05