PDA

View Full Version : help with translation please

chris40
27th September 2008, 17:43
hi, i wondered if anyone would be kind enough to translate a birthday message i received from my fiance.
alam kong malayo ka sa piling ko sa pinaka-mahalagang araw sa bohay mo. wala man ako sa tabi mo.
mananatili ka namang nakabaon sa puso ko....buong puso kong ipina aabot sayo ang pagbati ko ng "maligayang kaarawan" sa pinaka mamaha kong asawa.

:Help1:
much apreciated if somone can help

Frances
27th September 2008, 18:10
hello there happy birthday!
Heres what it means:
I know that you are away from me on this important day of your life.I may not be on your side,but you are always here in my heart.With all my heart i am wishing you Happy Birthday for the person i love most my husband.

GaryFifer
27th September 2008, 18:29
Ok Filipinos, if you are watching, see how my efforts are.I try my translation. Sorry if I doing words, because I am still learning too. So just rough.I still need to put the puzzles together :)

alam kong malayo ka sa piling ko sa pinaka-mahalagang araw sa bohay mo

alam (tell) kong(want) malayo (far) ka sa piling(beside) pinaka-mahalagang(important) araw(day) sa bohay(I think this is bahay-home)

English- wants you beside her on this important day at her home.

wala man ako sa tabi mo.

Definitions wala(nothing) man ako (I me) sa(to) tabi(side) mo(you)
No man beside me but u?

mananatili ka namang nakabaon sa puso ko....buong puso kong ipina aabot sayo ang pagbati ko ng "maligayang kaarawan" sa pinaka mamaha kong asawa.

mananatili(?)ka namang(also) naka(position)baon(ready) sa puso(heart) ko...buong(caress) puso(heart) kong(want) ipina(?) aabot(reach) sayo(?suya?) ang pagbati(greeting) ko ng "maligayang(joyful) kaarawan(birthday)" sa pinaka(next) kong(want) asawa(husband)

She will have a joyful birthday next time when ready with her husband and it will touch her heart but he is out of reach.

chris40
27th September 2008, 23:12
thanks for the greetings and the translations.
its been a help and a pleasure to read a nice message from my loved one.

Mrs.JMajor
28th September 2008, 01:58
U really made me laugh Gary :icon_lol:,smart enough lol for a British who's trying to learn Tagalog :appl:, buhay-life ... house or home-bahay

very well said Frances :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Happy:birthday: b-day Chris:Hellooo:

chris40
28th September 2008, 17:44
thanks jedc143 , yes he put my tagalog to shame there . i know quite a few phrases to say to my fiances parents , the trouble is they start talking to me in tagalog and to coin a phrase i,ve heard several times in the phils , i end up with a nose bleed !

jbt
30th September 2008, 04:34
Ok Filipinos, if you are watching, see how my efforts are.I try my translation. Sorry if I doing words, because I am still learning too. So just rough.I still need to put the puzzles together :)

alam (tell) kong(want) malayo (far) ka sa piling(beside) pinaka-mahalagang(important) araw(day) sa bohay(I think this is bahay-home)

wala man ako sa tabi mo.

No man beside me but u?

mananatili(?)ka namang(also) naka(position)baon(ready) sa puso(heart) ko...buong(caress) puso(heart) kong(want) ipina(?) aabot(reach) sayo(?suya?) ang pagbati(greeting) ko ng "maligayang(joyful) kaarawan(birthday)" sa pinaka(next) kong(want) asawa(husband)

She will have a joyful birthday next time when ready with her husband and it will touch her heart but he is out of reach.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
30th September 2008, 09:01
thanks jedc143 , yes he put my tagalog to shame there . i know quite a few phrases to say to my fiances parents , the trouble is they start talking to me in tagalog and to coin a phrase i,ve heard several times in the phils , i end up with a nose bleed !

:icon_lol: ----------:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
30th September 2008, 20:14

wala man ako sa tabi mo.

No man beside me but u?

Nice one gary it seems now you speak two languages that i dont understand scotish and tagalog:D

Hammer
28th October 2008, 14:34
Does anyone know of any websites that will translate Cebuano to English?

Thank you.

joebloggs
28th October 2008, 18:37
Nice one gary it seems now you speak two languages that i dont understand scotish and tagalog:D

and 2 more you don't understand Andy proper English and sql :icon_lol:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

keithAngel
28th October 2008, 18:45
Does anyone know of any websites that will translate Cebuano to English?

Thank you.

Not automatically do you need a translator?:)

tiN
28th October 2008, 21:34

wala man ako sa tabi mo.

No man beside me but u?

:icon_lol::D:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
I wish my hubby will do that also, he dont have enough patience to study Tagalog words, :D:rolleyes:

tiger@tigress
28th October 2008, 21:54
wala man ako sa tabi mo.
No man beside me but u?

Good Job you made me :icon_lol::icon_lol:in this part bohay(I think this is bahay-home)