PDA

View Full Version : Feel sad today

Ann07
30th September 2008, 19:34
:NoNo:

My boss phoned me today if i could go to work just for a short briefing before coming back to work on thursday. I feel so sad .... the fact that i will be leaving my son for the first time. Although, im always away from the house leaving his dada in charge of our little boy but just for a few minutes or an hour not 6 to 7 hours a day:NoNo: and 3 days a week:bigcry: I will miss my son :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Is anybody here exp this? How did you cope with it? you must be so brave... thanks po:bigcry::bigcry:

andypaul
30th September 2008, 19:57
Im sure its gonna be tough being away from your wee bonnie baby:cwm34:.

Not got a kid so cant relate how it will feel for you.

But I guess thinking how your making a better life for you and your family will help:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your brave you made the big move to Scotland and which i bet many of us blokes would not be able to do as well as you and the other Ladies:D

I know it will be tough but your be fine Maam:xxgrinning--00xx3: The six or seven hours will fly by and asbence makes the heart grow fonder. So it will be great to come back to see your baby with even more love for your baby:)

Ann07
30th September 2008, 20:10
Im sure its gonna be tough being away from your wee bonnie baby:cwm34:.

Not got a kid so cant relate how it will feel for you.

But I guess thinking how your making a better life for you and your family will help:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your brave you made the big move to Scotland and which i bet many of us blokes would not be able to do as well as you and the other Ladies:D

I know it will be tough but your be fine Maam:xxgrinning--00xx3: The six or seven hours will fly by and asbence makes the heart grow fonder. So it will be great to come back to see your baby with even more love for your baby:)

Thanks for that reassuring words andypaul:) It means a lot to me.

I never thought i would feel this way as the day of coming back to work is getting nearer:bigcry: My husband is so supportive on every decisions i make, i coudnt think of words of how i am so blessed to have him. He is always there to comfort me :bigcry::bigcry: and beg me to stay at home wahhhhhhhhh just kidding just making an effort to smile:doh

We will just give it a go for a few weeks if its the good idea. But if doesnt workout then i have to stop. My family comes first:NoNo:

maria_and_matt
30th September 2008, 20:36
i feel for you :bigcry: when my son was a baby i was suppose to go back to work but i cannot live him, so i ended up not working, he is now 15 i am still a stay at home mum catering for his every need

Ann07
30th September 2008, 20:43
i feel for you :bigcry: when my son was a baby i was suppose to go back to work but i cannot live him, so i ended up not working, he is now 15 i am still a stay at home mum catering for his every need

I now know how it feels for you at that time. He is a lucky boy:) Oh dear:doh

maria_and_matt
30th September 2008, 20:46
I now know how it feels for you at that time. He is a lucky boy:) Oh dear:doh

i am sure your son will be ok, dont make a fuss when you leave him the first time just kiss him and say say you later, babies pick up on our emotions it will help him settle if it is a quick goodbye, goodluck ann :)

Ann07
30th September 2008, 20:55
i am sure your son will be ok, dont make a fuss when you leave him the first time just kiss him and say say you later, babies pick up on our emotions it will help him settle if it is a quick goodbye, goodluck ann :)

Oh thanks for that maria:) I will surely do that:bigcry:

joebloggs
1st October 2008, 01:31
my wife was back at work just after 4wks of giving birth, mainly because she was not entitled to paid maternity leave :furious3:

not wanting to leave our son with a baby minder or worse a nursery, my wife got her 17yr old son to come from the phils to look after him for 18months :xxgrinning--00xx3:, now he's cared for by a baby minder for 5hrs a day, and he's doing great, he likes it so much with the baby minder, he doesn't want to come back home :Hellooo::icon_lol: ....... :cwm24::doh

don't worry, it just gives you a reason to get home ASAP every day :xxgrinning--00xx3: only to find he's ripped off more wallpaper, damaged everything, put the car keys in the dustbin, etc... :Help1:

marylen
1st October 2008, 01:55
oh soon to come i can relate all your feelings as am so excited being a first time mom...even at this point i don't feel like to get things for me instead i would loved to spend and choose all from mah baby ...unlike before its all for my own....lol. those lil changes i feel as days goes by helps me grown up as a mature individual. Then months later, surely i would be able to say what a wonderful feeling to hold your lil angel soon in real.......mwahhhhhhhhhhhhh....just gets so excited...

Well...about you Anne, its kinda so depressing yea to be away from your son even just in a few hours, oh my....i guess thats the hardest that each mom have to dwell with. If only we can tag our lil mini wherever we are, that so lovely to go own our life day by day even how much sacrifice we put up into, they came out through our own blood and no feelings can describe how much we badly care and value them a lot so.....they are the apple of our eyes, it inspired us to go work harder and see them healthy and beautifully each day.......................so Anne no worries, everything will be fine, what you did is all for the best, every each mom needs to have a better preparation of our kids and working enough is one of the said so...you can get used to it soon in time.....just give a go in a few days...lets see how you handle the situation if how long you can manage.....if yes you can......i salute you for being a brave one kind. good luck

KeithD
1st October 2008, 09:11
The kid will probably be pleased to see the back of you, all those goo goo noises you make, forcing it to play with plastic, feeding it mush :NoNo: ......as soon as you're back at work it'll be on with the Discovery Channel, and babs can sit back and enjoy the wonderful subject of Quantum Mechanics. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
1st October 2008, 17:35
my wife was back at work just after 4wks of giving birth, mainly because she was not entitled to paid maternity leave :furious3:

not wanting to leave our son with a baby minder or worse a nursery, my wife got her 17yr old son to come from the phils to look after him for 18months :xxgrinning--00xx3:, now he's cared for by a baby minder for 5hrs a day, and he's doing great, he likes it so much with the baby minder, he doesn't want to come back home :Hellooo::icon_lol: ....... :cwm24::doh

don't worry, it just gives you:) a reason to get home ASAP every day :xxgrinning--00xx3: only to find he's ripped off more wallpaper, damaged everything, put the car keys in the dustbin, etc... :Help1:

Wow, you're wife was so brave:) I cannot do that:NoNo: We've been thinking about leaving our little boy in a nursery but not until he is 2 1/2 y.o. Lucky boy he's got his big brother.

Oh dear...he is so messy now. And i know more to come:doh

Thanks joebloggs:)

Ann07
1st October 2008, 17:36
oh soon to come i can relate all your feelings as am so excited being a first time mom...even at this point i don't feel like to get things for me instead i would loved to spend and choose all from mah baby ...unlike before its all for my own....lol. those lil changes i feel as days goes by helps me grown up as a mature individual. Then months later, surely i would be able to say what a wonderful feeling to hold your lil angel soon in real.......mwahhhhhhhhhhhhh....just gets so excited...

Well...about you Anne, its kinda so depressing yea to be away from your son even just in a few hours, oh my....i guess thats the hardest that each mom have to dwell with. If only we can tag our lil mini wherever we are, that so lovely to go own our life day by day even how much sacrifice we put up into, they came out through our own blood and no feelings can describe how much we badly care and value them a lot so.....they are the apple of our eyes, it inspired us to go work harder and see them healthy and beautifully each day.......................so Anne no worries, everything will be fine, what you did is all for the best, every each mom needs to have a better preparation of our kids and working enough is one of the said so...you can get used to it soon in time.....just give a go in a few days...lets see how you handle the situation if how long you can manage.....if yes you can......i salute you for being a brave one kind. good luck

Enjoy your time while you still have it mary:) Thanks for the words:)

Ann07
1st October 2008, 17:37
The kid will probably be pleased to see the back of you, all those goo goo noises you make, forcing it to play with plastic, feeding it mush :NoNo: ......as soon as you're back at work it'll be on with the Discovery Channel, and babs can sit back and enjoy the wonderful subject of Quantum Mechanics. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Nice one there boss. You made me laugh. Thank you po:)

joebloggs
1st October 2008, 19:16
my wife took little joe to see some nurseries, and she picked the best one, but didn't like the way they tired to get him being use to being there on his own without his mom, the poor guy was traumatised. so we took him to our baby minder for 5hrs a day instead, he's very happy now, as he is use to being with the baby minder, nurseries don''t have much 1 to 1 time with each child.:NoNo:

little joe will not go anywhere near a nursery until he's at least 3 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Geraldine
2nd October 2008, 10:41
Hi Ann,

Dont worry you and your little one will be fine. In my case Im just glad Im back to work. It just gives me the time off I needed. Taking care of 2 little boys are stressful. Its just nice to be outside seeing and talking to different people for a change. Anyway I only work 2-3x a wk in the mornings so its not that bad. Dont get me wrong, I love my kids to bits but sometimes us mums need a break as well. But when I get home from work, nothing can beat the feeling of 2 little boys excitedly want a cuddle from mum! Specially Adam who is 7months, once he sees me he will start to flap his arms and jumps on his Dads lap, wanting to be cuddled bless him.

My 3yr old son has been going to nursery since he was 2 but only once a week in an afternoon session. He is fine so far, the staff were great and he loves to play with other kids. It amazes me that inspite of going once a week, he learns alot from nursery..like shapes, colors, songs etc. and when he is in nursery...it means its my day off! :D and for once I wont be watching CeeBeebies all day long. :icon_lol:

aromulus
2nd October 2008, 10:54
and for once I wont be watching CeeBeebies all day long. :icon_lol:

Yeah, right......:rolleyes:

You just wait........

Then it will re-recorded shows time and time again, until you learn every single word by heart.....:omg:

Geraldine
2nd October 2008, 13:47
Oh my I do know most of the songs... the characters...I even sing them without me realising it! it sometimes drives me mad :cwm24:

amyburple
2nd October 2008, 15:55
GOD BLESS YOU :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
5th October 2008, 16:40
my wife took little joe to see some nurseries, and she picked the best one, but didn't like the way they tired to get him being use to being there on his own without his mom, the poor guy was traumatised. so we took him to our baby minder for 5hrs a day instead, he's very happy now, as he is use to being with the baby minder, nurseries don''t have much 1 to 1 time with each child.:NoNo:

little joe will not go anywhere near a nursery until he's at least 3 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Glad to hear that joebloggs...:) HEHEHE yup, coz its for free when they 3 wahhhhhhh good.

I started late in my first day at work as my boss is very considerate. My baby boy was fast asleep when my husband take me
to work. My father in law look after him for a few minutes wahhh.. First and second day my husband was struggling but on the third day baby james was so behaved wahhhhhhh. im now ok knowing that they are both settling ok.:)

Ann07
5th October 2008, 16:42
Hi Ann,

Dont worry you and your little one will be fine. In my case Im just glad Im back to work. It just gives me the time off I needed. Taking care of 2 little boys are stressful. Its just nice to be outside seeing and talking to different people for a change. Anyway I only work 2-3x a wk in the mornings so its not that bad. Dont get me wrong, I love my kids to bits but sometimes us mums need a break as well. But when I get home from work, nothing can beat the feeling of 2 little boys excitedly want a cuddle from mum! Specially Adam who is 7months, once he sees me he will start to flap his arms and jumps on his Dads lap, wanting to be cuddled bless him.

My 3yr old son has been going to nursery since he was 2 but only once a week in an afternoon session. He is fine so far, the staff were great and he loves to play with other kids. It amazes me that inspite of going once a week, he learns alot from nursery..like shapes, colors, songs etc. and when he is in nursery...it means its my day off! :D and for once I wont be watching CeeBeebies all day long. :icon_lol:

Hi Geraldine:) Thanks po.
You are right we need sometime out wahhhhhhh. Same ere i just work partime 20 to 24 hrs a week:) My husband and baby james were both ok now:)