PDA

View Full Version : Spouse Visa

Ross
2nd October 2008, 12:38
please anybody can help me regarding the list of required document foir me to get a spouse visa am married for 2 years now to an English Citizen and i have to get visa to join him there,..what are the things i need to do in getting the visa in the first time

Sconnie
2nd October 2008, 12:56
Try the search in this forum there is lost of advice and information to be found.

Also try here : http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/

jbt
2nd October 2008, 14:06
hello...

goodluck in your application.

:)

aromulus
2nd October 2008, 14:18
please anybody can help me regarding the list of required document foir me to get a spouse visa am married for 2 years now to an English Citizen and i have to get visa to join him there,..what are the things i need to do in getting the visa in the first time

I posted an answer to your query on the other thread.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=10674&page=4

:ARsurrender:

angel2008
2nd October 2008, 15:35
Hi I can share to you what I did on my application. Add me ( queenofdnite2000atyahoodotcom.

Ross
6th October 2008, 14:18
any help regarding the list of required document to get visa and how much to pay in getting he spouse visa

menchkin
6th October 2008, 14:52
any help regarding the list of required document to get visa and how much to pay in getting he spouse visa

Please visit www.vfs-uk-ph. There you will know the required docs for settlement (spouse visa) and the current fee. At the moment it's 46350 pesos (515 pounds).

Ross
6th October 2008, 17:02
thank you in changing my passport name to my married name now what else do i need to change it from my name to my married name aside from showing our marriage contract
am from davao in applying do i need to go to manila to apply this visa but i dont like to apply online ..

angel2008
6th October 2008, 19:17
thank you in changing my passport name to my married name now what else do i need to change it from my name to my married name aside from showing our marriage contract
am from davao in applying do i need to go to manila to apply this visa but i dont like to apply online ..

Ross , you need to attend the CFO seminar, in ammending paasport they require the CFO certificate

menchkin
7th October 2008, 03:50

When I ammended my pasport to reflect my husband's family name all I submitted to DFA was my NSO marriage certificate and my old passports. Then after 10 working days I already got my new passport.

Ross
8th October 2008, 13:46
in attneding tha cfo seminar do i ned to attend it prior to aply visa or advance i can do it to get certificate..am plan to get my visa maybe on july next year haVE a lot to sort out yet..

menchkin
8th October 2008, 13:51
in attneding tha cfo seminar do i ned to attend it prior to aply visa or advance i can do it to get certificate..am plan to get my visa maybe on july next year haVE a lot to sort out yet..

YOu can attend the CFO prior to getting your visa but you will have to bring additional documents with you like your marriage certificate. But you will not get the CFO stamp until you have the visa. They will just issue you a certificate that you attended the seminar already and will ask you to return for the stamp when you have the visa. But if you wait until you have your visa with you then all you need to bring is your passport with visa. It's really up to you.

benb
8th October 2008, 14:34

This might be of use to you.
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=9928

Good luck.

PeterB
8th October 2008, 16:48
Yes, you will have to make the trip to Manila ... even if you submit the application online.

Ross
10th October 2008, 13:13
anyone can gived me an advice regarding still of getiing visa as we have plan to get it about next year but i have a question we got two child now 2 years and 1 year old and i got one child from my previosu relationship in total 3 children in geeting my visa do i need to submmit all there birth certificate to show that i have this 3 kids..we dont know yet when we can afford to travel and bring this kids if i will be garnt by spuse visa..
but i am sure in time when we settle in UK wih my husband we will get our kids..for now we plan first to process my visa settle there and next the kids
please help any advice..but have to take note i was never been married before only once i got marreid and this waws now my husband who is an English Citizen..any comments or suggestion are welcome .

Thank you

Ross
10th October 2008, 13:14
anyone can gived me an advice regarding still of getiing visa as we have plan to get it about next year but i have a question we got two child now 2 years and 1 year old and i got one child from my previosu relationship in total 3 children in geeting my visa do i need to submmit all there birth certificate to show that i have this 3 kids..we dont know yet when we can afford to travel and bring this kids if i will be garnt by spuse visa..
but i am sure in time when we settle in UK wih my husband we will get our kids..for now we plan first to process my visa settle there and next the kids
please help any advice..but have to take note i was never been married before only once i got marreid and this waws now my husband who is an English Citizen..any comments or suggestion are welcome .

Thank you

benb
10th October 2008, 14:09

Thank you

Hi Ross,

You need a settlement visa and payment for each child too (unless British). Its currently 43650 pesos per person/child.

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/visafees.aspx

I assume two kids are holding british passports?
Is your husband in the UK now?
He needs to show proof that he can support you and the kids without recourse to (UK) public funds.

I would not recommend splitting the kids as it can be stressful.

Best Wishes,

joebloggs
10th October 2008, 18:10
also you have to show you have sole responsibility for the child if the father is not a British

“The phrase "sole responsibility" is intended to reflect a situation where parental responsibility of a child, to all intents and purposes, rests chiefly with one parent.”

Ross
12th October 2008, 08:32
thank you joeblogs
my two child is not british holder passport they were borb here in the Philippines but there father which is my husband now is british yes his now in the UK.how about my first child from my previous relationshp if i want her to come to uk do i need also to file visa for her
my two child there father of course is british and that first child is not

but this will come in time if i can fitst settle my visa oif granted..

Ross
12th October 2008, 08:33
thank you joeblogs
my two child is not british holder passport they were borb here in the Philippines but there father which is my husband now is british yes his now in the UK.how about my first child from my previous relationshp if i want her to come to uk do i need also to file visa for her
my two child there father of course is british and that first child is not

but this will come in time if i can fitst settle my visa oif granted..

Ross
12th October 2008, 08:38
my two child is not a british passport holder but there father of course was a british which in UK now we got married here in the Philippines.how about my first child from previous relatioship what do i need to get for her in case i her to come also in UK?
I got all 3 children my two child was from my husvabd now which is a british
in applying for my spouse visa do i need to show there birth certificate of my 3 children or not
thank you

PeterB
12th October 2008, 12:56
If their father is a natural-born British citizen, then the children qualify for British citizenship and a UK passport. You certainly shouldn't be seeking visas for them!

joebloggs
12th October 2008, 14:08
your husband was born in the UK ? i take it he is named on their birth cert as their father?

if he is then, his children should be British by decent, so register and apply for British passports for them at the British embassy and save yourself a settlement fee and naturalisation fees for each of them :xxgrinning--00xx3:

for the other child, you'll have to apply and pay for a settlement visa for them, and like a said, show you have 'sole responsibility' for that child, is the father named on her birth cert? does he have any contact with the child ?

so your not sure if your bringing your children with you? i would get british passports for the 2 youngsters, how old is your oldest ?

Ross
13th October 2008, 13:18
hello joebloggs

yes my husband born in the UK and of course my two youngster is taking the name of their father my oldest child was taking my name which is 5 years old now no contact of her father shes using my name when i was single
so in british embassy Manila do i can apply for there british passport of my 2 child? what do i need to apply do i need my husband to apply for them or me itself can do it
and regarding my spouse visa do i need to show all there certificate or not coz i think i should be the one first to go to UK with my husband then after me our kids. what do you mean British in decent?

Ross
13th October 2008, 13:33
ty peter B FOR THE ANSWER YES MY HUSBAND IS A NATURAL BORN BRITISH CITIZEN
so if i apply for my 2 child in british Embassy Manila ok or can i aply for myself or my husband will do it what do i need to apply for there passport?

PeterB
13th October 2008, 17:32
I hope that it's okay to post a link here ...

This is the relevant page from the British Embassy website: http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/how-apply

I suspect that your husband will be required to attend.