PDA

View Full Version : What VISA

amyburple
2nd October 2008, 16:10
Me and my hubby plan to get married on May... We're are praying that my FIANCE VISA will be succesful SOON..

Now I have a questions??? We want that my PARENTS Will be coming too to attend our wedding. My both parents are GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES --- umm what kind of VISA they will the get if ever and is there any CHANCE that the EMBASSY will grant them?

Any IDEA PLEASE, thanks

maria_and_matt
2nd October 2008, 18:57
mastercard :xxgrinning--00xx3:.. kidding aside visitors visa :p

joebloggs
2nd October 2008, 20:27
it could help their chances of getting a visa, if they could send evidence of your future wedding with their visa app, for example a copy of an invite.

vbkelly
2nd October 2008, 21:24
sis you need to sort out first your wedding here in UK, CHURCH or civil wedd the date when it gonna be and the reception so you have an evidence to show to the ECO then apply them a tourist visa.

amyburple
3rd October 2008, 04:09
it could help their chances of getting a visa, if they could send evidence of your future wedding with their visa app, for example a copy of an invite.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks

mastercard :xxgrinning--00xx3:.. kidding aside visitors visa :p

Thanks sis maria... OK i will take this ADVICE... Umm is there someone here that they did this procedure?

Jay&Zobel
3rd October 2008, 21:07
Amy, I've been there, done that... but failed.

Jay & I prepared all the things for our wedding last year. Then my Parents-in-Law decided to invite my mom & my two other sisters to be with us. So, we applied for 2 week-FAMILY visit visa. We prepared all the requirements needed:
Bank Statements of the sponsors (Parents-In-law, Jay's Business - Personal Bank Statements)
Bank Certification that they can afford their stay (Written letter from Bank Manager)
Accommodation for the whole duration of stay
An allowance of £1000 each totalling to £3,000
Free flights etc...
Wedding Invitation
Wedding Date & Venue
Copy of Certificate from the Church of Intention to Marry etc...

My mom, provided her bank statements as well as her business financial reports etc...
My youngest sister, her school records from the Dean of the School (testifying that she needs to return to finish her studies)
My eldest sister, her Certificate of Employment & Bank Statements too...

But... The Home Office denied the application.
REASONS:
a) Not satisfied on the balance of probabilities, that we meet the ff requirements of Immigration Rule 41:
- That are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for limited period as stated
- That they do not intend to leave the UK at the end of the period of the visit
- That they do not intend to take employment in the UK
- That we will maintain and accommodate ourselves and any dependents adequately out of resources available to us without recourse to public funds or taking employmet etc...

SO DENIED!!! hehe but gave us the reason to have another wedding in the future which is great! (optimism)

KeithD
3rd October 2008, 22:12
... We're are praying that my FIANCE VISA will be succesful SOON..

Better give the Devil a good word as well, keep all bases covered for luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
4th October 2008, 01:58

Jay & I prepared all the things for our wedding last year. Then my Parents-in-Law decided to invite my mom & my two other sisters to be with us. So, we applied for 2 week-FAMILY visit visa. We prepared all the requirements needed:
Bank Statements of the sponsors (Parents-In-law, Jay's Business - Personal Bank Statements)
Bank Certification that they can afford their stay (Written letter from Bank Manager)
Free flights etc...
Wedding Invitation
Wedding Date & Venue

My mom, provided her bank statements as well as her business financial reports etc...
My youngest sister, her school records from the Dean of the School (testifying that she needs to return to finish her studies)

REASONS:
a) Not satisfied on the balance of probabilities, that we meet the ff requirements of Immigration Rule 41:
- That we will maintain and accommodate ourselves and any dependents adequately out of resources available to us without recourse to public funds or taking employmet etc...

SO DENIED!!! hehe but gave us the reason to have another wedding in the future which is great! (optimism)

:doh it just shows you, you can have lots of evidence to support your visa app, but some case worker for what ever reason can refuse you on the balance of probabilities :censored:.

some people have got a visitor visa with hardly any evidence, looks to me its a lottery, they pick a number of apps out of a hat and grant them a visitor visas and refuse all the rest :D

so its always worth trying for a visitor visa, only thing you could lose is the fee, but small price to risk if it means having your parents at your wedding :rolleyes:

Jay&Zobel
4th October 2008, 12:37
:doh it just shows you, you can have lots of evidence to support your visa app, but some case worker for what ever reason can refuse you on the balance of probabilities :censored:.

:Hellooo::D

so its always worth trying for a visitor visa, only thing you could lose is the fee, but small price to risk if it means having your parents at your wedding :rolleyes:

hehe, its possible that they might think that it was a scam or fake hehehe :Brick:

joebloggs
4th October 2008, 15:22
it's a sad, when you cannot even bring some of your own family to the uk for your wedding :Brick:

but because of the visitor visa and student visa abuse, i can understand in away why many are refused, but surely if your visiting family and you may want to visit them again your not going to abuse the visa.:Erm:

GaryFifer
4th October 2008, 15:43
That are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for limited period as stated

Thats such a silly decision. My interpretation of that is that they thought your family would stay with you, rather than going home.

I guess the evidence for going back means you would to be financially better off and have a nice job to go back to.

Jay&Zobel
4th October 2008, 17:33
it's a sad, when you cannot even bring some of your own family to the uk for your wedding :Brick:

but because of the visitor visa and student visa abuse, i can understand in away why many are refused, but surely if your visiting family and you may want to visit them again your not going to abuse the visa.:Erm:

yeah, that is why they denied our application. they did not know which are genuine and which are not.

That are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for limited period as stated

Thats such a silly decision. My interpretation of that is that they thought your family would stay with you, rather than going home.

I guess the evidence for going back means you would to be financially better off and have a nice job to go back to.

definitely, it was full of :furious3: hehe. we provided every possible documents so they could check that it was a genuine application. but hey hehe, it was never too good for them! we just lost battle:ARsurrender:

amyburple
7th October 2008, 14:05

Free flights etc...
Wedding Invitation
Wedding Date & Venue

REASONS:

Thanks sis for this INFO... So there is no CHANCES that my PARENTS can visit me sad :NoNo::NoNo: Even some other event not only in our WEDDING... hmmmm

GOD BLESS YOU SIS

aug06_2006
7th October 2008, 14:23
Hello amy, what if u will just have civil wedding here and church wedding there in PI so that ur family, friends, relatives etc. can attend ur wedding... Like what we did.

amyburple
7th October 2008, 14:42
Hello amy, what if u will just have civil wedding here and church wedding there in PI so that ur family, friends, relatives etc. can attend ur wedding... Like what we did.

That's my first option to HAVE CIVIL RIGHT THERE... but my mom insisted me to have CHURCH wedding. We are BORN AGAIN Christian sis so my mom really want to have Church wedding hehehe She want us to have Sanctification already, well there's no problem to me hubby that we will get married in CHURCH on FEB... and SURELY sis we will marry here in PI hehehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Our first plan will be by MAY to that we can bring over my parents but my mom said it's ok if they will not witnessed my wedding as long as I will get married ASAP... So we stick to our first plan. By FEB church wedding.

aug06_2006
7th October 2008, 14:50
oic i understand now amy...

amyburple
7th October 2008, 14:51
oic i understand now amy...

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
7th October 2008, 15:05
That's my first option to HAVE CIVIL RIGHT THERE... but my mom insisted me to have CHURCH wedding. We are BORN AGAIN Christian sis so my mom really want to have Church wedding hehehe She want us to have Sanctification already, well there's no problem to me hubby that we will get married in CHURCH on FEB... and SURELY sis we will marry here in PI hehehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Our first plan will be by MAY to that we can bring over my parents but my mom said it's ok if they will not witnessed my wedding as long as I will get married ASAP... So we stick to our first plan. By FEB church wedding.

good decision sis amy, goodluck!

amyburple
7th October 2008, 15:09
good decision sis amy, goodluck!

Thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: GOD BLESS YOU

Jay&Zobel
7th October 2008, 15:44
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

best wishes

missmiles
8th October 2008, 15:31
Good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
25th January 2009, 21:26
I can't find the post/thread of a member here asking about Family Visit Visa (bringing Filipino Family to UK to attend the wedding)...

I guess, I just have to repost this just incase he/she will read this...

Whoever you are, i pray these will help you decide...

(But, maybe, things have changed now and ECO will grant Family Visitor Visa without any sweat...:Erm:)