PDA

View Full Version : After all the excitment

Tinick
3rd October 2008, 19:57
With the feeling of eurphoria still very high, me and the wife started to look at what bits and pieces we needed for her to attend the CFO this coming Tuesday.

To our Horror it seems those wonderful beaucratic idiots have failed to return our Original(and one and only) NSO Marriage Cert and my wifes NSO Birth Cert. :angry::angry::angry::Brick::Brick::angry::angry::angry:

Now is it worth the trouble of writing an abrupt/almost abusive E-mail to the Embassy demanding their immediate attention to get them couriered PDQ, or wil I have more luck shouting at the moon?

Judging by how quick the wheels of government turn in the Philippines ordering and recieving Replacment Copies will take around 3 weeks....

Any help or advice greatly appreciated (except things along the line of "should have got 2 copies" coz I said that to her at the time she dropped the papers off)

menchkin
4th October 2008, 03:45
With the feeling of eurphoria still very high, me and the wife started to look at what bits and pieces we needed for her to attend the CFO this coming Tuesday.

To our Horror it seems those wonderful beaucratic idiots have failed to return our Original(and one and only) NSO Marriage Cert and my wifes NSO Birth Cert. :angry::angry::angry::Brick::Brick::angry::angry::angry:

Now is it worth the trouble of writing an abrupt/almost abusive E-mail to the Embassy demanding their immediate attention to get them couriered PDQ, or wil I have more luck shouting at the moon?

Judging by how quick the wheels of government turn in the Philippines ordering and recieving Replacment Copies will take around 3 weeks....

Any help or advice greatly appreciated (except things along the line of "should have got 2 copies" coz I said that to her at the time she dropped the papers off)

Are you saying that the marriage certificate is required when you attend the CFO seminar? When I phoned them before about the seminar they just told me that if I already have my visa then that's all I need to bring with me to the seminar. But if I opt to attend the CFO seminar prior to getting my visa then that's the time I have to show them my NSO marriage certificate.

Glad that my NSO marriage certificate and birth certificate were returned along with the other original docs I submitted when I opened the 2 brown envelopes yesterday. :)

jainaewen
4th October 2008, 03:58
hi there what you will be needing in the nso seminar is just that if you have visa already. and to be sure just call them and theyll will you what you need to bring.

PARTICIPANTS WITH VISA

1. Passport (original and 2 photocopies)
2. VISA (original and 3 photocopies)

AND OTHER NECESSARY DOCUMENTS (as maybe required by the counselors)

1. Divorce paper
2. Annulment paper
3. Proof of citizenship (if the petitioner is naturalized citizen)
4. Confirmation of Permanent Residency CPR (for participants bound for Canada)
5. Immigrant Data Summary (for participants bound for USA)
6. Legal Capacity
7. Kosekitohon (if a partner of Japanese nationals)
8. Notarized Parental Consent/Advice for participants ages 24 years old and

PeterB
8th October 2008, 16:35
To our Horror it seems those wonderful beaucratic idiots have failed to return our Original(and one and only) NSO Marriage Cert and my wifes NSO Birth Cert.

If you pay a visit to the nearest main NSO, you can get new copies of both documents while you wait (this will only be hours, not weeks!).

Tinick
8th October 2008, 18:49
According to my Wifes local NSO office/agency they mummbled something incoherent about "Coz we are married only in MAy it will be difficult to get a copy of the Marriage Contract" sounds like horse*#~t to me.

vbkelly
8th October 2008, 21:39
According to my Wifes local NSO office/agency they mummbled something incoherent about "Coz we are married only in MAy it will be difficult to get a copy of the Marriage Contract" sounds like horse*#~t to me.

ohh smell fishy to me,i think you don't need the MC if you attend a CFO seminar just your passport with your visa

menchkin
9th October 2008, 04:51

How did you get hold of your first copy of NSO marriage certificate, the one that you submitted along with your wife's visa application? It came from NSO right? If that's the case then any succeeding request from NSO should only take 1-3 days coz that's what happened to me.

IainBusby
9th October 2008, 14:38

I'll bet that if your wife persisted and offered to pay an express fee, which as far as I know, there is no such thing so it would in fact be a bung, someone at the local NSO would be able to sort it out all of a sudden.
Iain.

PeterB
9th October 2008, 17:39
This sounds, to me, as though you haven't requested 'electronic endorsement' of your marriage certificate - in which case it could take 12 months, or more, before NSO is able to issue a copy. But, if that is the case, I wonder where your first NSO copy came from (the one which the embassy lost)!

If you have received one copy already, then you can get further copies in the way that I suggested earlier.

Tinick
9th October 2008, 21:43
As many of you have said "dont need your NSO MC" to attend the Seminar, my Asawa is going on Tuesday. The Website also states that the LRO marriage contract is acceptable, guess she is just nerveous about making sure she has all the correct paperwork as "its far to travel", so she tried to call the CFO office using the telephone numbers supplied on the website she keeps getting a "number invalid"?????? maybe shes missing a "0" or some other prefix required to call the number from a cellphone?
Any of you wonderful people recently called the CFO from a CP and what number did you use? Just to ease her fears :D

Thanks in Advance

vbkelly
9th October 2008, 22:18
here's the Tel. phone numbers in manila CFO Nos.: (632) 562-3848,
(632) 561-8321
ext. 104, 105, 201- 203
and cebu Tel. Nos.: (032) 2353745,
(032) 235-3746,

Tinick
9th October 2008, 22:27
Tried both of those numbers?? She says its just "invalid" ( I dont know I'm not calling it)

What does the 632 mean? Is that the area code? Calling from a mobile does she need to dial 0632?

vbkelly
9th October 2008, 22:31
if you using mobile phone to call you need to dial like this 006325618321

vbkelly
9th October 2008, 22:33
Tried both of those numbers?? She says its just "invalid" ( I dont know I'm not calling it)

What does the 632 mean? Is that the area code? Calling from a mobile does she need to dial 0632?

actually 0063 is PI area code 02 is manila code

Tinick
9th October 2008, 22:43
:doh

Of course just didnt look at the 632 bit correctly

So to dial form a Philippines mobile in the Philippines

it would be 025618321

or just

256........1 ?

Hope I got that right

vbkelly
9th October 2008, 23:09
try 025618321 if not working you need to dial 0063 25618321

Tinick
9th October 2008, 23:16
Thanks

I'll pass that on to my stressed Asawa :))