PDA

View Full Version : has anyone seen this?

maria_and_matt
6th October 2008, 12:27
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/pinoy-migration/10/06/08/pinoys-uk-outraged-racist-brit-comedy

i am watching tv patrol at the moment and it was in the news, anyone seen that episode of harry and paul?

gadgets
6th October 2008, 16:08
don't know if this will work for everyone, but the episode is still available in BBC iplayer until Oct 17,2008. The skit is at the beginning (37 seconds into the show).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dnf21/

I have not watched the entire show but it looks like they are not selective on who they pick on...

maria_and_matt
6th October 2008, 18:02
im gonna watch it now thanks

GaryFifer
7th October 2008, 09:29
Midly amusing about stereotypes. SHOCK:yikes:. Filipinos work as maids.:bigcry: Wow thats terrible....

I am sure Piamed can comment,hes been on the sticky end of Alf Garnet comedy for years. Just think, 20 years ago we laughed at the phrase. COONS, coming over here and stealing our jobs!!

I think maybe they should worry about more important things. I notice the Filipino government take the heat of the coverage of that David Scott incident.

amyburple
7th October 2008, 13:32
don't know if this will work for everyone, but the episode is still available in BBC iplayer until Oct 17,2008. The skit is at the beginning (37 seconds into the show).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dnf21/

I have not watched the entire show but it looks like they are not selective on who they pick on...\

I watched this new last night when I arrived home from work... It's on BANDILA last night, its a LATE NIGHT NEWS and of course I feel bad the fact that my hubby is also watching this SHOW and he is also BRITISH...I told him about that TV show, I let him watch the YOU TUBE thing and he said awww that's bad, its RACIST thing... BBC should ask APOLOGY for what HAPPEN...

amyburple
7th October 2008, 13:36
You can check it to YOU TUBE -- Just type harry and paul + Filipina Controversy

Jay&Zobel
7th October 2008, 15:09
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20081007/twl-harry-enfield-offends-a-nation-3fd0ae9.html

YAHOO NEWS

eljean
7th October 2008, 15:34
I hope that i wont offend any other co filipina here but on my own opinion i find it funny:Dits not that really worst actually you know britons they almost take the piss of anyone...:rolleyes:not just us Filipina just remember there is always a good and bad side of story some make it big and some make it small lets just chill out! I just find one thing at the end of the program that britons really find us Filipina very attractive even if we are just maids:):D

Jay&Zobel
7th October 2008, 16:21
I hope that i wont offend any other co filipina here but on my own opinion i find it funny:Dits not that really worst actually you know britons they almost take the piss of anyone...:rolleyes:not just us Filipina just remember there is always a good and bad side of story some make it big and some make it small lets just chill out! I just find one thing at the end of the program that britons really find us Filipina very attractive even if we are just maids:):D

You did not offend me at all... It wasnt that bad... Medyo onion skin lang tayo minsan hehehe...

My husband said... can be degrading but look at the brighter side... Filipinas (maids or not) are petite and sexy & pretty hehe:D

missmiles
8th October 2008, 08:47
The UK embassy says that they will not APPEAL FOR AN APOLOGY because they said that everyone has their own right to say things.. hmmmmmmm

aposhark
10th October 2008, 15:06
I found it hilarious.

I think we should all have a sense of humour in these times.

Yes ladies, British men on here find our fiancees or wives VERY attractive.

We are VERY lucky men!

(well for us who wait endlessly, if we could only be with them every day)

andypaul
10th October 2008, 21:30
Still waiting for Pinoy Tv to apolgise for all the offensive jokes they make, which im sure Indian and african members on here would find possibly offensive.

Lets not go into how i have seen those mentally and physically disabled taking the micky out of.

Those in glass houses and all that.

Also why have the northners not been offended on here?

aposhark
10th October 2008, 22:01
Still waiting for Pinoy Tv to apolgise for all the offensive jokes they make, which im sure Indian and african members on here would find possibly offensive.

Lets not go into how i have seen those mentally and physically disabled taking the micky out of.

Those in glass houses and all that.

Also why have the northners not been offended on here?

We learnt that it is cold with all the windows broken :xxgrinning--00xx3:

anview
12th October 2008, 01:32
filipina worked as a maid?yes sooo many here in london,they preferred doing that kind of job and theres nothing wrong with it, as what they said "cash in hand and no tax" ;-)