PDA

View Full Version : Hi ho its off to work we go...or is it?

AJS
8th October 2008, 06:39
hey guys, just a simple question,

on the application for the fiance visa, one of the questions my fiancee has to fill in is 'do you intend to work in the UK?'

The two options are yes or no. Does this mean after the marriage and we have applied for the extention because it is made crystal clear she is not allowed to work in the 6 months of the fiancee visa. But then it seems a silly question, so any tips would be great :)

Oh secondly, we are going to apply at the start of december, stating her intention to travel in feburary, does anybody forse problems with this?

AJS

marylen
8th October 2008, 06:52
i think you have to put "NO " on that particular questions as your gf is not allowed to work straight when she gets there if she use to apply through "fiance visa". shes allow to work after applying for a FLR.

just wait tell others can tell you exactly....for sure many will response with regards to your queeries

darren-b
8th October 2008, 07:01
It's not a trick question, it's not asking if you are planning to work illegally :)

Put the truth, does your fiancee plan to work once she is allowed to? If you are a borderline case from a finances point of view it may help your case if you say yes.

DianaKevy
8th October 2008, 12:30
hey guys, just a simple question,

on the application for the fiance visa, one of the questions my fiancee has to fill in is 'do you intend to work in the UK?'

The two options are yes or no. Does this mean after the marriage and we have applied for the extention because it is made crystal clear she is not allowed to work in the 6 months of the fiancee visa. But then it seems a silly question, so any tips would be great :)

Oh secondly, we are going to apply at the start of december, stating her intention to travel in feburary, does anybody forse problems with this?

AJS

you have to put "NO" coz that question is intended for the fiance visa. that's what put on my application before.

go ahead with your plans for applying as long as everything like the documents, evidences and others are all complete. :) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

menchkin
8th October 2008, 14:52
you have to put "NO" coz that question is intended for the fiance visa. that's what put on my application before.

go ahead with your plans for applying as long as everything like the documents, evidences and others are all complete. :) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tonet
8th October 2008, 15:16
If i can still remember it right i answered YES in my form but i added " once i'm legally allowed already"

kimmi
8th October 2008, 19:15
If i can still remember it right i answered YES in my form but i added " once i'm legally allowed already"

I also said "YES" on the form when I applied, because it will help to prove to the ECo that ur fiancee will not going to depend on public funds..just dont forget to write that as long as she got the proper visa to work..

Goodluck..:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ady
8th October 2008, 19:30
I think it is best to say "Only when I am legally able to do so". So not a yes or a no. Seems a bit like a trick question though - could definately be phrased differently to clarify if they mean during the period of this visa, or during their prospective lifetime in the UK.

andypaul
8th October 2008, 20:38
yes and like others say in the cover letter add you only intend to work once allowed by british law ie once you have FLR.

The UK wants all applicants to work as it means more tax and hopefully less people claiming benefits. Also we all now have an extra 8 grand to pay off.

So walk right in and start paying that tax.

lunaloves7
9th October 2008, 16:18
hi kimmi! hope you're great. My name is Luna, 29 years of age , from Cebu City.My fiancee is from Scotland and he told me about you that you are the right person to ask if i have some questions on how to process a SPOUSAL VISA possible. I'm not that active member here because as i told him we should just simpy follow rules and steps well on how to process the Visa but still there are a lots of questions and worries on my head.
I wish i could ask questions soon... right now kimmi we are preparing for our wedding this coming 7th of February 2009.

WIsh to be your friend..... my fiancee's screen name here is alifromfort.

God Bless!

aug06_2006
9th October 2008, 16:23
In my fiance visa application I answered YES...

aug06_2006
9th October 2008, 16:25
Hello Luna, advance congratz n happy wedding.

lunaloves7
9th October 2008, 16:49
hi! nice and im happy that you answered me ... and noticed me.
you look great in your wedding! Are you in Uk now?

gingxrick
9th October 2008, 17:10
hi Lunaloves7 I take it your boyfriend ali is from Fortwilliam ???
Welcome to the forum. from Ricky and ging (living in Fife)

lunaloves7
9th October 2008, 17:21
Yes he is my former boyfriend but a fiancee now :-) we will get married soon this coming 7th of Feb. 2009. Right now, im busy thinking and preparing for our wedding but i know that i would have a lots of things to be settle and prepare for the VISA! I'm not an active member here but because this site inspires me so much....to think positively about VISA approval!

thank you so much... I wish i could feel free to ask questions! I;m happy for you co'z you are with your love own family and happiness now.

IainBusby
9th October 2008, 18:17
Yes he is my former boyfriend but a fiancee now :-) we will get married soon this coming 7th of Feb. 2009. Right now, im busy thinking and preparing for our wedding but i know that i would have a lots of things to be settle and prepare for the VISA! I'm not an active member here but because this site inspires me so much....to think positively about VISA approval!

thank you so much... I wish i could feel free to ask questions! I;m happy for you co'z you are with your love own family and happiness now.

I'm sure you'll find that everyone on this forum will be happy to help both yourself and Ali. Most of us on here have already benefited from the advice given by members who have already been through most of the same things that your about to go through. Feel Free, Ask Away!
Louella & Iain.

lunaloves7
9th October 2008, 18:44
from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU in advance!

kimmi
9th October 2008, 19:13
hi kimmi! hope you're great. My name is Luna, 29 years of age , from Cebu City.My fiancee is from Scotland and he told me about you that you are the right person to ask if i have some questions on how to process a SPOUSAL VISA possible. I'm not that active member here because as i told him we should just simpy follow rules and steps well on how to process the Visa but still there are a lots of questions and worries on my head.
I wish i could ask questions soon... right now kimmi we are preparing for our wedding this coming 7th of February 2009.

WIsh to be your friend..... my fiancee's screen name here is alifromfort.

God Bless!

hi Luna,

I am more than willing to be ur friend and just let me know in what ways I can be of help..we're also living here now in Scotland (Glasgow)..

Best wishes again on ur wedding and u can add me up in yahoo if u want..

Goodluck..:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

lunaloves7
9th October 2008, 19:16
kimmi,

this is my yahoo Id sweetpaper_doll@yahoo.com. Ali is from Fort William.... I'm very sorry to Lina Mendoza i didnt accept her... sorry?

thanks

andypaul
9th October 2008, 22:14
I'm sure you'll find that everyone on this forum will be happy to help both yourself and Ali. Most of us on here have already benefited from the advice given by members who have already been through most of the same things that your about to go through. Feel Free, Ask Away!
Louella & Iain.

What louella and Iain Write :xxgrinning--00xx3:

As a group somebody will know or have experienced what your going though.

AJS
10th October 2008, 04:29
hi again:) thank you all for your great response to our query:) it means a lot:)