PDA

View Full Version : Paying Visa Application Fee

Fountainhead
16th October 2008, 10:11
In Manila at the moment submitting our fiancee visa application. Went into the nearest branch of BDO bank this afternoon to pay the application fee and get a managers cheque only to be told they need to know the exact amount in pesos. I know the fee is 515 pounds and has to be paid in pesos but with the exchange rate changing every day and the website showing the price in pesos when the exchange rate was 90 to the pound, I'm getting about 78 here at the moment, how do i find out the exact amount in Pesos to make the cheque for?

marylen
16th October 2008, 10:25
please refer to their website which you can see the converted amount into peso.....check this out......www.vfs-uk-ph.com

New Visa Application Fees with effect from 20 August 2008:

Marriage / civil partnership 46350 515

pay exactly as this...................46,350 no more no less

thats what i did to mine, i refered to their website and pay exactly the amount as what it stated in there....no problem encountered so far.............

Mrs.JMajor
16th October 2008, 10:26
pay 45000,will do because VFS will gonna tell you to pay the remaining bal just in case,u didn't pay the exact amount on the bank,as they do it on mine,di bale na kulang kasi padadagdagan nila ,while if u paid more then the amount,di mo na yata makukuha sobra

DianaKevy
16th October 2008, 13:15
just look at the vfs website coz you have to put the exact amount in the managers check. i had an experience too that my first cheque was wrong coz the amount was over since they post a new fee and i didnt check it. so you better check it before you put it.

menchkin
16th October 2008, 15:03
You can also phone the VFS Call Center to verify the current visa fee in peso before you make the payment thru the bank. That's what I did to be sure. Below is the call center contact number for your reference.

Call Center Contact number:
For PLDT 1-909-885-VISA (8472).
For Bayantel 1-903-VISAUK or 1-903-847285

amyburple
16th October 2008, 15:55
You can also phone the VFS Call Center to verify the current visa fee in peso before you make the payment thru the bank. That's what I did to be sure. Below is the call center contact number for your reference.

Call Center Contact number:
For PLDT 1-909-885-VISA (8472).
For Bayantel 1-903-VISAUK or 1-903-847285

Thanks Mench..... I will call them soon coz I need to pay too soon.... :):) But Meiyela told me already abt the amount to be paid but I hope it will not increase thought the rate is decreasing... :NoNo::NoNo:

menchkin
16th October 2008, 16:18
Thanks Mench..... I will call them soon coz I need to pay too soon.... :):) But Meiyela told me already abt the amount to be paid but I hope it will not increase thought the rate is decreasing... :NoNo::NoNo:

You're welcome sis. Hope that the visa fee will be much lower when it's your time to pay already.

Fountainhead
19th October 2008, 16:15
Thanks guys. We made the cheque payable for the full 46,350 Pesos. We've made an appointment to submit on Tuesday at 11.30am and I'm staying here in Manila until Saturday night when I return home and the wait begins. Wish us luck :)

Ana_may365
19th October 2008, 16:21
all the best!Fountainhead:D

lunaloves7
19th October 2008, 16:27
Good luck Fountainhead... Just be positive! and then make sure that everything's in right track.... God Bless!

joebloggs
19th October 2008, 16:55
as the £ to php has dropped by a bit, if it stays around the low 80s then i would have thought the embassy will change the amount in php to around 44,000, the price is fixed at £515 but they don't change the £ to php rate daily, too much messing around, if it does go aboth or below a limit they adjust the amount in php you need to pay, but your always paying more than £515 :doh

but they will not rush into changing it, as 46,350 php is like £558 at the mo, but you should be only paying £515 :cwm23:

Fountainhead
26th October 2008, 19:41
Arrived back in UK this afternoon after a great three weeks together :)

Unfortunately the submission of the application didn't go entirely smoothly and we encountered something I've never read about anyone else here ever encountering :NoNo:

Our plan was for my fiancee to travel to the UK at the end of March if our application was approved in plenty of time for our wedding we have booked at the start of July but when the staff at the application centre saw the intended date of travel on the application form was 30.03.09 they told her she was applying too early and she would have to bring forward the intended date of travel or submit the application nearer the end of the year because they said she should only be applying 3 months before she intends to travel here. Not having me there with her , I was waiting outside, and feeling the staff there must know what they are talking about she agreed to change the date and ended up putting 15.01.09.

Firstly I don't think submitting an application on 21st October when you intend to travel at the end of March is too early. If we have to wait the full 3 months for a decision that will mean us finding out on 21st January which would leave 2 months to arrange flights and for my fiancee to organize everything she has to sort out there before she leaves, and I don't think wanting 8 or 9 weeks to do that is excessive, we are after all talking about starting a whole new life.

Secondly, in my letter of support I stated my fiancee would be coming here at the end of March which now contradicts the date on the form and I'm worried the ECO will pick up on this and use it against us.

Thirdly, if we get the visa and it's dated 15.01.09 it will expire on 15.07.09 and our wedding isn't until 03.07.09 and we have a honeymoon in the UK arranged straight after until the 12th July so I worry that won't leave enough time to apply for FLR before the fiancee visa expires.

It's just annoying when you've tried to plan everything very carefully to give yourself the best chance of success, travelling to Manila at the time of application so all the documentation was as up to date as possible and helping my fiancee prepare it all, that someone whose job I thought it was just to receive the application and check the documentation was complete can tell you to change your answer to one question on the form when I've never read anything in all the notes and on all the websites about how soon you can submit the application before you want to travel.:Brick: