PDA

View Full Version : fantastic news

phillip
17th October 2008, 20:53
The embassy called Frances today to tell her they have overturned there decision and asked frances to send back her passport so they can stamp the visa,we are so happy i can't explain how im feeling today.Frances and I thank you all again for your support.I know that the spouse visa is now 27 months but can anyone tell us how long the fiance visa is i know its 6 months but is there a 28 day rule like to old spouse visa? in otherwords is there a certain date that frances will have to be here by as i will be going to pick her up and i have to arange flights ect,thank you all again,its an unbelivable feeling knowing your going to be together soon.

jbt
17th October 2008, 20:58
:Hellooo: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Ann07
17th October 2008, 21:14
Brilliant news..congrats:)

darren-b
17th October 2008, 21:46
I know that the spouse visa is now 27 months but can anyone tell us how long the fiance visa is i know its 6 months but is there a 28 day rule like to old spouse visa? in otherwords is there a certain date that frances will have to be here by as i will be going to pick her up and i have to arange flights ect,thank you all again,its an unbelivable feeling knowing your going to be together soon.

The visa will have an expiry date which is 6 months usually from when the visa is issued. It doesn't matter how long it takes to get her to the UK so long as you can get married in the UK and get the application sent off for FLR before the visa expires.

Ady
17th October 2008, 21:58
Hi Philip.

Many congratulations. I have just read your story (sorry I missed it first time around). So, I am really shocked, and a little angry at the reasons they refused you.

In terms of the appeal, did they actually reverse the decision based on the appeal? Almost 3 months since the refusal happened I believe.

Sorry to ask you questions, but did you have to provide more evidence with a new wedding date?

Congratulations, justice is served! And well done to you both.

Ady
17th October 2008, 22:06
Phillip,

I'd just like to add - your first application seemed thorough (even down to caterers for the wedding). You probably submitted more information than many applicants, yet in working hard to prove this is a genuine relationship the ECO used the extra evidence against you. Maybe others will not agree, but it does seem that the ECO uses extra evidence against people in a few cases. Just my own personal view of my experiences to date (refused a Visit Visa).

Congrats once again!

KeithD
17th October 2008, 22:11
:huepfen024::joke::REDancedancer08::xxparty-smiley-050::Wine::40__s::Kilt::irish::Britain:

...what was the news...??? :Erm: :D

joebloggs
17th October 2008, 22:14
:xxgrinning--00xx3: nice one Philip

did it got to AIT or has the embassy reconsidered your app ?

they will usually refuse you for more than one thing if they refuse you, covers their backs in case it goes to the manager or AIT, so it doesn't look like their being petty, they can always find reasons with anyone apps :NoNo:

phillip
17th October 2008, 22:47
we appealed as soon as we were denied ,a review date was set for 21 oct 3 weeks ago i sent the embassy another letter 3 weeks ago which included 2 replies from my MP i said it may not help but hope it proves how serious we are ,also i stated that i intended marrying Frances in the philippines and included a copy of the CNI that i obtained.I could not belive the news as the 21st is not here yet.i'm over the moon

vbkelly
17th October 2008, 23:00
thats good news phillip, congratulation!

Piamed
17th October 2008, 23:07
:BouncyHappy::Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3:That is another fantastic piece of news for the day. Hellelujah! So so happy for you both!

phillip
17th October 2008, 23:14
thanks all im off to bed on this wonderfull day ,i think frances will be here in a couple of hours .

PAT
17th October 2008, 23:27
Wow congratulations Phillip !!!...

marylen
18th October 2008, 00:24
oh am we are so happy for you frances............that's good..............be happy now................................ Congrats....

Mrs.JMajor
18th October 2008, 00:31
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,I'm happy to both of you,another successful couple:Hellooo::BouncyHappy::xxgrinning--00xx3::REDancedancer08::REGamblMoney01HL1::xxparty-smiley-050::Beer::Beer::Beer:

andypaul
18th October 2008, 09:05
Great news for you both. Im glad your MP helped out we pay him or her enough, for situations exactly like this.

I think your dogged dertermination helped show how serious your intent was. should not have been needed but..

Congrat to you both.

joebloggs
18th October 2008, 09:26
my MP has still not replied to my email, must be 6 months ago now, well he'll be out of a job soon because of boundary changes :D

IainBusby
18th October 2008, 09:42
Great News Phillip, :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
They must of known they were on shaky ground with their reasons for refusal and they didn't want to risk it going to a full appeal hearing where they know they would have LOST. It makes me so bloody angry. :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:
Iain

andypaul
18th October 2008, 09:55
Great News Phillip, :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
They must of known they were on shaky ground with their reasons for refusal and they didn't want to risk it going to a full appeal hearing where they know they would have LOST. It makes me so bloody angry. :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:
Iain

Shame so much money was wasted on from what appears a case they were bound to lose. A quick interview or exchange of letters could have sorted this all out.

On the personal side i feel for you Frances and phillip but as a tax payer and someone who has had to pay the various visa fees it angers me that it seems to be done in the most cost uneffective way possible:NoNo:

IainBusby
18th October 2008, 10:01
I sometimes wonder if they somehow try to balance their numbers, I mean, so many granted and so many refused in a week for each category or something like that.
Iain.

andypaul
18th October 2008, 10:17
I sometimes wonder if they somehow try to balance their numbers, I mean, so many granted and so many refused in a week for each category or something like that.
Iain.

Or they think they are justifying the reason of them being there.

benb
18th October 2008, 10:59
Excellent News mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Have a wonderful wedding! :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Best Wishes,

PeterB
18th October 2008, 12:11
That's really great news. Congratulations to both of you.

Sconnie
18th October 2008, 12:19
Congratulations, great news and a massive relief for you.

KeithD
18th October 2008, 12:52
....and a massive relief for you.
Was he bursting??? :piss2:

Sim11UK
18th October 2008, 15:11
Good news, very pleased for you both. Some of us, seem to have to go through terrible trials & tribulations :Brick:...Better times now ahead. :)

5olidsnake
18th October 2008, 16:13
great news

Frances
18th October 2008, 17:13
Thank you everyone!

Especially the Administrator of this informative forum Win2Win,the Moderators,Piamed,Kimmi,Marilyn,Trina and Peter Bennett.

As soon as we were denied we appealed we had 2 choices to directly send it to AIT in the UK or submit it in the Appeals team British Embassy Manila and they will be the one to send it to the UK.

Personally i wanted to send it directly to the UK but Phillip always hope that the Embassy would give it more careful thought after we explain our side and provide more evidence.

So I the submitted the appeal here in the Philippines.

New documents we enclose aside from the documents we already submitted to add further the genuine nature of our relationship:

Appeal letter answering point per point the reason of refusal.

Letter from Phillip
Letter from the caterer she gave her contact number home phone and mobile.

Letter from landlady.

Letters and packages between us.

Transcript of several messenger chats Sept. 2007 up to present

My mobile bill text and calls since last year to present

Phillips telephone bill since last year to present
Photo of my Aunt when she visited Phillip and his family last May.

4 days after i sent it to Manila i emailed and ask the Embassy if they already got the documents i sent, they replied by calling me informing me that the case will be reviewed on October 21 2008.

While waiting for the decision we already secured papers necessary just in case we get married in the Philippines.Unexpectedly they called me yesterday and told me the good news. : )

I hope this helps other applicants.

God bless and Good luck to all those waiting your time will come soon.

Just enjoy every moment.

trina
18th October 2008, 18:24
Congratulations!!!!

kimmi
18th October 2008, 18:44
Well done Philip and Frances..Congratulations again..I am really really happy for the both of u guys..:)

Piamed
19th October 2008, 11:16
It is a truly fantastic and well-deserved outcome. Looking forward to seeing you here soon. God bless you both!

alicat
19th October 2008, 11:27
great news...congratulations

phillip
19th October 2008, 12:00
Frances and I thank you again for all of your kind words.You can't explain the feeling that we have at the moment.

menchkin
19th October 2008, 13:50
CONGRATULATIONS PHILIP AND FRANCES!!!! :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: Your patience has finally paid off.

Ana_may365
19th October 2008, 16:34
Wow!congrats 2 Both Of U':D

lunaloves7
19th October 2008, 16:37
Congratulation guys!!! we are very happy for you.... :-)

God Bless...

Frances
31st October 2008, 12:46
Thank you everyone!
I got my passport today,i would like to clarify something in my visa stamped it says multi does it mean in the 6 months i can come home anytime? so as long as i get married before the visa expires?

menchkin
31st October 2008, 12:49
Thank you everyone!
I got my passport today,i would like to clarify something in my visa stamped it says multi does it mean in the 6 months i can come home anytime? so as long as i get married before the visa expires?

Yes, you can go out and return again to the UK within the 6 months time that your fiancee visa is valid. Multi means multiple entry. :)

Frances
31st October 2008, 12:57
Thank you Mench!
I have been trying to leave messages in your yahoo messenger but i doubt if you got it.
Best regards.

Piamed
2nd November 2008, 10:39
Yes, you can go out and return again to the UK within the 6 months time that your fiancee visa is valid. Multi means multiple entry. :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:When are you comng amiga?

mavid
2nd November 2008, 18:04
Congratulations Frances & Philip.

Frances
2nd November 2008, 21:28
Thank you Mavid!
Are you back in the Philippines? : )

mavid
2nd November 2008, 22:20
Ur Welcome Frances..Yes sad to say...I'm back already.

lunaloves7
3rd November 2008, 11:53
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! we are very happy for both of you...

chuchie
3rd November 2008, 17:38
Congratulations Philip & Frances.....well done!!! Are you getting married in the Philippines or the UK?

phillip
4th November 2008, 21:23
hi ive booked my ticket for 30th nov ,and returning 10th dec but this time Frances will be comming home with me .

andypaul
4th November 2008, 22:21
hi ive booked my ticket for 30th nov ,and returning 10th dec but this time Frances will be comming home with me .

great stuff amazing how quickly things happens when you start looking back.

May i wish you both a safe journey:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
4th November 2008, 23:12
yes never give up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

and good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
5th November 2008, 09:27
Before she leaves.....check her luggage for dried fish and dispose of it! :D

chuchie
5th November 2008, 15:43
Hi, really happy for both of you!!! I am still waiting for my visa & still scheduled to fly back to the UK with my fiance on the 15th December on my existing visit visa. Think we'll be staying this time in Bromsgrove as it's the winter but who knows we might pop down to Simonsbath. Cheerio!!!!:Wave:

Frances
6th November 2008, 00:31
:xxgrinning--00xx3:When are you comng amiga?

Hi amigo!

Flying on the 10th December with British Airways :)
Phillip is coming and we will go back together.
I hope we can catch up one day.
Best Regards to Pia and I am happy to hear you are blessed to have a baby soon.:BouncyHappy:
God bless you and family.

misscarie
6th November 2008, 00:40
Hi Frances Good morning , i am glad that u have ur visa now i know how happy u are :BouncyHappy: take care and god bless you.

Btw , Congratulations to you and Phillip :Hellooo:

Night:cwm3:

Frances
6th November 2008, 11:14
Hi Frances Good morning , i am glad that u have ur visa now i know how happy u are :BouncyHappy: take care and god bless you.

Btw , Congratulations to you and Phillip :Hellooo:

Night:cwm3:

Hi misscarie!
Thank you
How are you doing?:cwm12:

Piamed
6th November 2008, 11:30
hi ive booked my ticket for 30th nov ,and returning 10th dec but this time Frances will be comming home with me .Wonderful news Phillip! Really happy for you both! Finally!

Before she leaves.....check her luggage for dried fish and dispose of it! :DThe man ain't lying! :NoNo:

Hi, really happy for both of you!!! I am still waiting for my visa & still scheduled to fly back to the UK with my fiance on the 15th December on my existing visit visa. Think we'll be staying this time in Bromsgrove as it's the winter but who knows we might pop down to Simonsbath. Cheerio!!!!:Wave:Good luck Chuchie! I was supposed to be near Bromsgrove today but changed my mind. I cancelled so many trips lately. Looked outside at the fog and then inside at Pia sleeping - no choice at all!

Hi amigo!

Flying on the 10th December with British Airways :)
Phillip is coming and we will go back together.
I hope we can catch up one day.
Best Regards to Pia and I am happy to hear you are blessed to have a baby soon.:BouncyHappy:
God bless you and family.Excellent news. A pity you'll miss me by one day. I'll be flying back into Heathrow on the 11th. Weboth look forward to meeting you very much. God is good!

phillip
6th November 2008, 20:00
thank you all again for being there for us .regards Phillip and Frances

tiger@tigress
6th November 2008, 23:23
Congrats...!