PDA

View Full Version : yes...at last!

marylen
21st October 2008, 08:15
got my spouse visa today oct 21, 2008 at 3:10pm....uhmm so excited but sad to say as i may going to fly off by myself from manila-amsterdam and meet up my hubby there....then fly together amsterdam-aberdeen...grrrrrrrrrrr...freakin so nerveous....

visa valid from oct 16 until jan 16, 2011...is it i can fly anytime now even before oct 16?

menchkin
21st October 2008, 08:19
got my spouse visa today oct 21, 2008 at 3:10pm....uhmm so excited but sad to say as i may going to fly off by myself from manila-amsterdam and meet up my hubby there....then fly together amsterdam-aberdeen...grrrrrrrrrrr...freakin so nerveous....

visa valid from nov 16 until jan 16, 2011...is it i can fly anytime now even before nov 16?

Congratulations!

I think you cannot fly to UK before November 16. Your visa is not valid to be used prior to the said start date. I think you just made a typo error in your post. The validity of your visa starts on Oct 16, 2008 right? If that's the case then you can book your flight anytime now.

marylen
21st October 2008, 08:41
yeah mench sorry...suppose to be its oct 16...he he he

marylen
21st October 2008, 08:56
is that okay if am gonna fly on nov 7? its 23days since visa issued....

KeithD
21st October 2008, 09:06
You can fly in 5 minutes if you want.....don't forget the dried fish for the wife :cwm24: :omg:

aromulus
21st October 2008, 09:11

Don't forget to pack the imodium......:omg:

Uk food can be quite a powerful experience to the unwary.....:icon_lol:

gingxrick
21st October 2008, 09:16
well done...congratulations!

Well you can travel to the UK anytime now.Best of luck.

reginacarlson
21st October 2008, 09:26
Your long wait is finally over, you'll see your husband soon. Congratulations!

amyburple
21st October 2008, 10:16

visa valid from oct 16 until jan 16, 2011...is it i can fly anytime now even before oct 16?

wow good for you marylen... wow Amsterdam to Aberdeen thats my route too if ever hehehhe... GOD BLESS YOU marylen! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

miayela
21st October 2008, 10:17
Congratulations marylen finally after the long wait...
Im happy for you..

telford
21st October 2008, 10:43
Congratulations girl and welcome to the UK...

walesrob
21st October 2008, 10:49
Congratulations Marylen, welcome to the cold and chilly UK - bring some warm clothes!

marylen
21st October 2008, 10:56
thank you all guys.........started to organize things here...have to pack up all the important one and be it all in one suitcase...

brian&maddy
21st October 2008, 11:04
Congratulations to you Marylen.

aposhark
21st October 2008, 11:12

Congratulations marylen :REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::Britain::36_1_26[1]::smileybigtmouth:
You have waited and worried for so long.
Good luck to you, your husband and your soon-to-be Scottish baby :icon_lol:
wear a few different layers of clothes for Aberdeen :yikes:

marylen
21st October 2008, 11:16
thank you so much aposhark...good luck on your application...you were on your way now.....

trina
21st October 2008, 11:25
Congratulations Marylen....

fhara
21st October 2008, 11:49
wow...congrats marylen....enjoy...grabe katugnaw dri ron..:)

DianaKevy
21st October 2008, 11:49
atlast you got it..... :) congratulations sis..... make a checklist especially now that you're very excited you might forget some little things... so when do u plan to leave?by the don't forget to bring your OBs' consent also coz they might ask you at the airport.

lunaloves7
21st October 2008, 15:35
Marylen..... wow!!! finally you made it! We are happy for you...have a safe trip!:)
And take care when travelling....God Bless dai!:BouncyHappy:

Ann07
21st October 2008, 15:36
Congratz dai.........dako naka ngisi ron hehehe. asta ang baby:D TC u always

jbt
21st October 2008, 16:07
Congratulations!!!

flomike
21st October 2008, 20:29

congrats! so spouse visa is 3 years now from 2 years? Is it 3 years now for a spouse of brits to get ILR? Just wondering:Erm:

safe trip

joebloggs
21st October 2008, 21:47
congrats! so spouse visa is 3 years now from 2 years? Is it 3 years now for a spouse of brits to get ILR? Just wondering:Erm:

safe trip

:yikes: no, spouse visa was valid for 24 months, now its valid for 27 months :xxgrinning--00xx3:

2 years in the uk you can apply for ILR :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PAT
22nd October 2008, 03:35
Finally you got your visa sis, congrats!!! i am happy for you and your hubby.....have a safe trip.TC

jencha8569
22nd October 2008, 06:41
congratulations ate marylen :Hellooo:
the long wait is now over, have a safe trip:)

misscarie
23rd October 2008, 17:51
Congratulations te marylen , the long wait is over. Buy more warm clothes as its getting colder and colder here :bigcry: have a safe trip. and Welcome to UK :Hellooo:

Frances
23rd October 2008, 18:03
Congratulations Marylen! Safe trip for you and the baby.
God bless always.

vbkelly
23rd October 2008, 20:29

congratulation marylen and your hubby, long waits is over now yahooooooooooo!

IainBusby
23rd October 2008, 21:53
Congratulations Marylen!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gazlou
23rd October 2008, 23:27
Congratulations. :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

marylen
24th October 2008, 01:12
thank you so much everyone....yeah............i'll be in uk soon to come.....am gonna miss my country, friends and family....but this is it now.........i have my own family to take care of.............this is my first time to be away from them....ohhhhhhhhhh i started to feel down yet happy at last i will be with my husband for life and started to build a happy family but can't take the missing of all the people i left behind, crying out loud when am alone but i won't let them see what i feel inside although am happy yet lonely at the same time........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. i just hope that i able to cope up the loneliness quickly as possible.....

amyburple
24th October 2008, 01:26
thank you so much everyone....yeah............i'll be in uk soon to come.....am gonna miss my country, friends and family....but this is it now.........i have my own family to take care of.............this is my first time to be away from them....ohhhhhhhhhh i started to feel down yet happy at last i will be with my husband for life and started to build a happy family but can't take the missing of all the people i left behind, crying out loud when am alone but i won't let them see what i feel inside although am happy yet lonely at the same time........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. i just hope that i able to cope up the loneliness quickly as possible.....

heyyy common don't cry to much marylen hehehe not good for the baby... just think this will be ur next journey of your life...you family will surely understand you very much and behalf it's your life! hmmm maybe it's tears of JOY... Anyway you take care and GOd bless you... I hope that we can meet there soon too hehehe... Your in Aberdeen right? My hubby leaves in Elgin, Morray now but his parents os from Edinbrugh too.. I hope my application will turn out good too, with GOD'S GRACE.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

ANDRES25
24th October 2008, 03:11
Congrats!

Ross
24th October 2008, 11:15
hello Marylen..CONGRATS.!

in getting visa can i ask what are the requirements you really and surely submitted to the British Embassy..ive follwed all your tread and i was empressed how uyou carry on and got success in getting your spouse visa have plan to get it soon in Gods will and i am asking you i9f ok the fix required document you passed.

Thank you very much and anyhelp will be appreciated.

Ross
24th October 2008, 11:33
hello to all

in applying spouse visa do i need to go straigt there in Embassy and carry the required document? or i have to make an appointment prior to submitt the requirements anybody can help
im from mindanao bit far really thats why iu need to know..
thanks

marylen
24th October 2008, 12:16
this is what it says on their website hope this may help:

By Prior Appointment: We strongly recommend you to visit the Application Centre by prior appointment. This will help you save unnecessary waiting time. You will particularly value the appointment facility during the peak season when long queues may be an occurrence.

Walk-in Submission without Prior Appointment: Walk-in Submission without Prior Appointment: With effect from 01 January 2008 applicants without a submission appointment will be accommodated from 0800 to 0900 ONLY, Monday to Friday.

Walk-in applicants are advised that the queue before they are attended to by a UK VAC Submission Officer may take anywhere from a few minutes or up to 2 hours or more depending on the volume of applicants on any particular day. For your convenience we therefore strongly recommend you book an appointment in a manner explained above.

have a look on their site, you can get all the info with regards which that includes how to book an appointment: www.vfs-uk-ph.com

No problem Ross am goin to put all the things that i have submitted for my spouse application...see ya..on the other thread when am done posted....thankssssssssssss.....coz its quite a lot....

PS....you can go at the ukvacs even without the said appointment but as what it said on the above its more convenient and easy for you if you set all ready before attempting to do any.......its really up to you.....but i will recommend you to book an appointment other than taking any risk to go there without having any idea if you can take it or not.....esp that you're living farther away..... Good Luck

PeterB
24th October 2008, 13:32
We found that, with an appointment, you can be seen before your appointment time if you turn up early.

5olidsnake
27th October 2008, 21:15
hope your enjoy your new life here:xxgrinning--00xx3:

marylen
28th October 2008, 00:37
ye thank you...

cg.tj
2nd November 2008, 08:11
Hi marylen...wow congrats..i'm sooooo pleased and happy for you. I know the waiting really sucks and it must be joy and relief having the visa granted and in your hands now. I know how it feels coz i am still waiting on mine as well(8th week now and counting)...YEEEYYYYY call it double celebration for you and your baby...God Bless