PDA

View Full Version : Two Faced Philippines

KeithD
22nd October 2008, 08:55
:cwm23:

How dare they have a go at our humour, when the :censored: retarded officials are as guilty as hell in allowing this http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Horse-Horror-In-Philippines-Fight-Club---Illegal-Bouts-At-Island-Festival/Article/200810315125629

aromulus
22nd October 2008, 09:03

How dare they have a go at our humour, when the :censored: retarded officials are as guilty as hell in allowing this http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Horse-Horror-In-Philippines-Fight-Club---Illegal-Bouts-At-Island-Festival/Article/200810315125629

Do as I say.... Not as I do............:NoNo:

Sim11UK
22nd October 2008, 09:12
Not good. :NoNo: Another one of the downsides to the Philippines.
Don't know how people could watch that, or even come up with the idea to stage it. :NoNo:

joebloggs
22nd October 2008, 09:54
as sick as it is :NoNo:

this country still allows hunting, blair the :censored: didn't have the :censored: to ban it out right as stated in the labour party manifesto, does anyone know if fox hunting is or isn't banned :doh

what was it , hounds can be used to follow a scent and to flush out a fox, then the fox can be shot :doh

and how pathetic of the 100,000s who went to London to protest about the ban, would these people turn out to protest about knife victims, kids being abused , cost of fuel prices :NoNo:

people have got their priorities wrong :doh

walesrob
22nd October 2008, 10:02
This fox hunting nonsense will drag on for years, and what annoys me most (no offence Bloggsy) that people in the big cities are the most vocal critics of fox hunting, when clearly it doesn't affect them as much as those in the countryside, who are the ones suffering if livestock is lost when these dear little cuddly foxes attack flocks of sheep or chickens. Tell you what, if those dear cuddly fluffy foxes really are that important, why don't the city types come to Wales and take them home to keep as pets? It would solve the fox hunting debate once and for all.

aromulus
22nd October 2008, 10:21
Tell you what, if those dear cuddly fluffy foxes really are that important, why don't the city types come to Wales and take them home to keep as pets? It would solve the fox hunting debate once and for all.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Personally I thought that all that wasted parliament time to protect vermin would have been better used in passing some laws to let parents know the whereabouts of child abusers/molesters....:NoNo:
Or even a better immigration system and rules.

No, it didn't go that way.....
They only approved to go to an unnecessary and costly war, in terms of lives lost and tax money squandered, so that the fox hunting laws could be passed by the back door, ie act of parliament....:NoNo:

Yes, I do agree, the debate will go on for a long time to come, only because the MPs are not in touch with the real issues affecting Tom, Dick or Harriet but only worry about political gains and Blair and "Brownie" points....:NoNo:

I am more worried about the demise of the beautiful red squirrel, an eagle or a minx, than a mangy predator like a fox.

Fitzy
22nd October 2008, 11:14
Not good. :NoNo: Another one of the downsides to the Philippines.
Don't know how people could watch that, or even come up with the idea to stage it. :NoNo:

Yes, makes me sick to see it:cwm23:

KeithD
22nd October 2008, 11:17
....and what annoys me most (no offence Bloggsy) that people in the big cities are the most vocal critics of fox hunting, when clearly it doesn't affect them as much as those in the countryside.....
I live in the countryside and have not met one supporter of hunting in all the years I've been here, even the local farmer banned hunts off there land before the ban.

It is only the right-wings hunts still breaking the law, the vast majority of others abide by it.

Sim11UK
22nd October 2008, 11:58
This fox hunting nonsense will drag on for years, and what annoys me most (no offence Bloggsy) that people in the big cities are the most vocal critics of fox hunting, when clearly it doesn't affect them as much as those in the countryside, who are the ones suffering if livestock is lost when these dear little cuddly foxes attack flocks of sheep or chickens. Tell you what, if those dear cuddly fluffy foxes really are that important, why don't the city types come to Wales and take them home to keep as pets? It would solve the fox hunting debate once and for all.

A friend of mine used to have a pet fox in Bristol. :)

eljean
22nd October 2008, 12:06
we have dog fight,spider fight, rat race,turtle race we even ate dog,chick fetus...name it we have it all:bigcry:

jimeve
22nd October 2008, 12:29
worst of all.. Karaoke singing. :D

KeithD
22nd October 2008, 12:32
we have dog fight,spider fight, rat race,turtle race we even ate dog,chick fetus...name it we have it all:bigcry:
Please let it be known, I am NOT against naked Filipina mud wrestling :rolleyes:

joebloggs
22nd October 2008, 14:13

no offensive country side rob, we have in fact foxes where i live, only a few 100metres away, so people here don't have a problem, because we don't keep chickens and sheep here:doh. and why do we have foxes here, because they've been forced further and further into the cities because of what ever green belts they lived in, have been shrinking each each. forcing them to the cities.

its nothing to do with having to control or kill the fox, i've seen a fox get killed by a car only 30 ft from where i was standing, it's the pleasure people get out of it that's sickening. get a professional to control it, someone like the rspca, not some sunday horse rider :NoNo:

joebloggs
22nd October 2008, 14:20
I am more worried about the demise of the beautiful red squirrel, an eagle or a minx, than a mangy predator like a fox.[/SIZE]

what do they hunt squirrel, eagles or minx in your part of the world dom :Erm: .. nope :doh

so you can't do much about it, but you can against hunting the fox, hare coursing another sick 'sport' :cwm23:, what a fun day to take the kids to, watch a pack of dogs rip a fox apart and watch a hare get ripped to bits by a dog :rolleyes:

get civilised :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IanB
22nd October 2008, 14:53
Sky News: "Other horses have had their ears ripped off. It's straight out of the Middle Ages."

Strange comment! Did they rip horses ears offf in the middle ages? Was there horse fighting in those days?

aposhark
22nd October 2008, 16:50
we have foxes here, because they've been forced further and further into the cities because of what ever green belts they lived in, have been shrinking each each. forcing them to the cities.

its nothing to do with having to control or kill the fox, i've seen a fox get killed by a car only 30 ft from where i was standing, it's the pleasure people get out of it that's sickening. get a professional to control it, someone like the rspca, not some sunday horse rider :NoNo:

Spot On Joe :gp:

aposhark
22nd October 2008, 16:54

I don't think any barbaric killing of animals is good.

Cock fighting as we all know is everywhere in Phils.
BTW, take that away from every Sunday and Filipina wives would have a lot more money to spend on food :NoNo::rolleyes::rolleyes:

aromulus
22nd October 2008, 16:58
Whatever happened to a proper gladiator spectacle or feeding christians and slaves to the lions for entertainment...????:Erm:

Those were the times.....:rolleyes:

All we get now is tennis, golf, footie and come dancing.....:doh

Sissy stuff.....:NoNo:

aposhark
22nd October 2008, 17:11
Whatever happened to a proper gladiator spectacle or feeding christians and slaves to the lions for entertainment...????:Erm:
Sissy stuff.....:NoNo:

Just go into Wrexham (Or Chester showing I am not biased) at one in the morning - there are plenty of human sacrifices on display if you want some action, Dom :D

Wear your gladiator outfit and it may deter them from selecting you as their next victim, sorry sport :yikes:

aromulus
22nd October 2008, 17:16
Wear your gladiator outfit and it may deter them from selecting you as their next victim, sorry sport :yikes:

Thinking about it....... Not a bad idea....:rolleyes:

My son has a replica Roman "Spatha" hanging on his room wall.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
22nd October 2008, 17:22
Thinking about it....... Not a bad idea....:rolleyes:

My son has a replica Roman "Spatha" hanging on his room wall.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Chester has half an ampitheatre, you could take on all newcomers with your fancy sword.
I have a feeling there would be plenty of takers when the pubs kick out :icon_lol:

andypaul
22nd October 2008, 18:53
what do they hunt squirrel, eagles or minx in your part of the world dom :Erm: .. nope :doh

so you can't do much about it, but you can against hunting the fox, hare coursing another sick 'sport' :cwm23:, what a fun day to take the kids to, watch a pack of dogs rip a fox apart and watch a hare get ripped to bits by a dog :rolleyes:

get civilised :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I see where Rob is coming from like Mr Admin says many farmers dont want hunts. But Foxs are a problem im sure for farmers.

But he is right much of the pressure was from town folk who have their own agendas.
While people in Rural areas maybe didn't think it as pressing an issue while poverty, lack of employment, the break up of extended families due to housing and employment issues, holiday homers, and scousers:D moving in are far more urgent issues to the people in our rural areas.

Controlled culls maybe needed like they do in Richmond park to ensure the deer with no predators dont over breed.

But at least fox hunting in theory could have a purpose ie vermin control.

What point does cock fighting and horse fighting have:Erm::NoNo:

aposhark
22nd October 2008, 19:31

I think killing should not be done in a barbaric way but in a humane (done without inflicting any more pain than is necessary) way.
So many toffs and a pack of dogs chasing a fox and glorying in the kill was out of order.
If foxes are killing other animals for their own fun, then they too could be culled in a quiet way in the literal sense.

IMO, Foxes, cocks or horses should not have to go through the indignity of spectacle for blood thirsty people to enjoy.

I have no idea whether fox hunting in the UK is enforced and/or monitored - I don't mix with country folk. :rolleyes:

Sim11UK
22nd October 2008, 19:32

Very sadly, the chance to win money. :NoNo:

KeithD
22nd October 2008, 19:45
Very sadly, the chance to win money. :NoNo:
They could just race them instead :doh

andypaul
22nd October 2008, 20:07
I think killing should not be done in a barbaric way but in a humane (done without inflicting any more pain than is necessary) way.
So many toffs and a pack of dogs chasing a fox and glorying in the kill was out of order.
If foxes are killing other animals for their own fun, then they too could be culled in a quiet way in the literal sense.

IMO, Foxes, cocks or horses should not have to go through the indignity of spectacle for blood thirsty people to enjoy.

I have no idea whether fox hunting in the UK is enforced and/or monitored - I don't mix with country folk. :rolleyes:

Totally agree.

But its a shame those who made such a fuss dont seem to care about the people in Country areas as they do the animals.

andypaul
22nd October 2008, 20:08
They could just race them instead :doh

Even use them as Green Jeepneys

joebloggs
22nd October 2008, 20:47
Totally agree.

But its a shame those who made such a fuss dont seem to care about the people in Country areas as they do the animals.

i care for country folk, as much as they care for the fox or city folk :D

if they don't like it, they can come and live in the cities, housing estates, crime, poverty, congestion charges, etc..

KeithD
22nd October 2008, 21:00
The UK is the only country in Europe that doesn't eat horse....knowingly anyway, I believe it has been found in Brazilian corned beef....:bigcry:

andypaul
22nd October 2008, 21:27
i care for country folk, as much as they care for the fox or city folk :D

if they don't like it, they can come and live in the cities, housing estates, crime, poverty, congestion charges, etc..

Cor a moody Manc, i thought you northners thought all us down in landon are the ones who dont care about others:D

Just a shame all anyone got from the 2nd Iraq war was a Law kind of banning Fox hunting (i.e not watertight it seems)

joebloggs
22nd October 2008, 22:04
:icon_lol:

maybe if people treated animals with a bit of respect, they might start treating other people with respect to :rolleyes:

my misses made it to enemy territory andy, told her to go south on the Victoria line, she nearly went north, apart from that no problems finding the place :xxgrinning--00xx3:

she just text me 30 mins ago, found out the shower in her hotel room, has a shower head, but no taps to turn it on :Erm: now you being a southerner, any ideas where the tap to turn it on is :doh :icon_lol:

i booked the room 3wks ago, now they've told her the hotel is full :cwm23: and the gal on reception doesn't know what to do, told the misses to get her to ask someone on the same floor if she can use their shower for a mo, people got no brains :Rasp:

crazy, a shower with no taps :Erm: :doh :censored:

andypaul
22nd October 2008, 22:39
:icon_lol:

maybe if people treated animals with a bit of respect, they might start treating other people with respect to :rolleyes:

my misses made it to enemy territory andy, told her to go south on the Victoria line, she nearly went north, apart from that no problems finding the place :xxgrinning--00xx3:

she just text me 30 mins ago, found out the shower in her hotel room, has a shower head, but no taps to turn it on :Erm: now you being a southerner, any ideas where the tap to turn it on is :doh :icon_lol:

i booked the room 3wks ago, now they've told her the hotel is full :cwm23: and the gal on reception doesn't know what to do, told the misses to get her to ask someone on the same floor if she can use their shower for a mo, people got no brains :Rasp:

crazy, a shower with no taps :Erm: :doh :censored:

Im glad she got there safely I was in Victoria street and the area nearby most of today and looks like the same tomorrow.

Glad the Bus strike just melted away, not sure what happened there. But glad for your Wifes sake.

A shower with no taps does it have a button? I know some are controlled from the bath taps and you flick a lever.

Im sure lone females should go and knock on doors asking to borrow the shower:doh

But with her being a Pinay im sure she will be fine and improvise:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Im glad the weather was fine for her today and hopefully tomorrow but boy is it c c cold for the sunny south at the moment. I think your Wife brought it down with her from the frozen norf.
Hopefully it will make her feel at home:)

GOOD LUCK FOR THE EXAM

A very true sentiment about treating all well and thats why some of the Animals rights people get right up my nose.

They seem to only care about the "in cause" not as normal Human beings should about everyone and thing equally.

Saw quite a few Pinays as usual in Victoria street always loads in the mac dees for some reason. Also two Pinoy shops in buckingham palace road. Ones a cafe/shop the other is in some small acarde acroos the road.

heres a link for one of them never been in it but passed it often.

http://trustedplaces.com/review/uk/london/food/1863m8e/kabayan-place-and-store

joebloggs
22nd October 2008, 22:52
thanks andy,

yes, i told her to check the sink, and it appears the tap on the sink, is also the tap for the shower :doh

passing the exam will bring massive changes to her life, as well as mine and the kids, might be able to start living again :icon_lol:

she tells me first class is :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: on virgin trains free drinks of coffee and tea, and even free food from a menu :yikes:

bargin, well shes coming back tomoz at 3:30 second class :icon_lol:

and looking after the kids for a day is killing me :cwm24:

keithAngel
23rd October 2008, 00:20
I go off line for 18 hours and look what happens:Erm:

Firstly I agree that these kind of practices in the OP is barbaric, and is rooted in the MALE desire to externalise suffering and aggression (fight for a mate)IMO

Joe I think it would be equally true to say if we respected each other more we would respect animals

Rob I don't see the connection between 50 often drunken yobs on horse back with a pack of dogs (the unspeakable hunting the inedible) and country folk culling predators that are preying on their stock especially since the roots are in the feudal system of all the land being owned by the Lord of the Manor a sort of "Droite de Seigneur" (now that was a sport).

Horse meat is actually quiet tasty (my neighbor once had to put down a horse with a broken hip and the alternative to butchery was digging a very big hole) and low in fat.

Having kept and bred Chickens the male birds will fight and try to kill each other, hence the expression "the pecking order" the difference in these events is that they cant run away having established "dominance"

Perhaps there is a market for dried fox meat in the Phills and farmers could get EEC grants for creating habitats.

Personally the only predators I eat are fish, being one myself (not a fish) its why we as mammals have forward facing eyes, to judge distance to pounce:xxanimal-smiley-085 phew glad to have finished this post without adding any more controversy:rolleyes:

Scouse
23rd October 2008, 21:17
Fox hunting is a blood sport and is hasn't been banned outright because the upper class enjoy it. The way the law is worded it would be almost impossible to bring a prosecution.

It is no less barbaric than badger baiting and cock fighting, (previously enjoyed by working class people) however these have (and rightly in my opinion) been banned.

Notice how at working class occasions eg football, rugby league there is a heavy police presence to keep people in line, but at hunts, if the police are there, it is to help them carry on hunting by harrassing the hunt saboteurs.

andypaul
23rd October 2008, 21:22
thanks andy,

yes, i told her to check the sink, and it appears the tap on the sink, is also the tap for the shower :doh

passing the exam will bring massive changes to her life, as well as mine and the kids, might be able to start living again :icon_lol:

she tells me first class is :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: on virgin trains free drinks of coffee and tea, and even free food from a menu :yikes:

bargin, well shes coming back tomoz at 3:30 second class :icon_lol:

and looking after the kids for a day is killing me :cwm24:

Good News about the Taps.

I hope you told her she could upgrade once on the train. Did that on the way back from manchester when it was packed in cattle class with mates. We had the whole of First class to oursleves:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Im sure she will sort it:xxgrinning--00xx3: Joe then you can become a House Husband and Look after the sprogs everyday:D:icon_lol::D

At least she passed one test the stupid place to put shower taps test:D

andypaul
23rd October 2008, 21:23
I go off line for 18 hours and look what happens:Erm:

Firstly I agree that these kind of practices in the OP is barbaric, and is rooted in the MALE desire to externalise suffering and aggression (fight for a mate)IMO

Joe I think it would be equally true to say if we respected each other more we would respect animals

Rob I don't see the connection between 50 often drunken yobs on horse back with a pack of dogs (the unspeakable hunting the inedible) and country folk culling predators that are preying on their stock especially since the roots are in the feudal system of all the land being owned by the Lord of the Manor a sort of "Droite de Seigneur" (now that was a sport).

Horse meat is actually quiet tasty (my neighbor once had to put down a horse with a broken hip and the alternative to butchery was digging a very big hole) and low in fat.

Having kept and bred Chickens the male birds will fight and try to kill each other, hence the expression "the pecking order" the difference in these events is that they cant run away having established "dominance"

Perhaps there is a market for dried fox meat in the Phills and farmers could get EEC grants for creating habitats.

Personally the only predators I eat are fish, being one myself (not a fish) its why we as mammals have forward facing eyes, to judge distance to pounce:xxanimal-smiley-085 phew glad to have finished this post without adding any more controversy:rolleyes:

But what about the Taps:Erm:

keithAngel
24th October 2008, 05:03
But what about the Taps:Erm:

My advice ...unless Joes missus is carrying her tools with her is just the towels as they may notice the water seepage before she gets out of the door:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
24th October 2008, 19:31
My advice ...unless Joes missus is carrying her tools with her is just the towels as they may notice the water seepage before she gets out of the door:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dont muck up the Towels along with the soap and anything else chained down a Pinay has to take with her in her suitcase.

I know when in Phill if we stayed in a Hotel once the Titas popped round all the freebies were gone i had to make sure they didn't start on the minibar. I found it easier to tip the chamber maid and floor man extra to resupply as each batch of friends and Titas popped in popped in though the day

More likely to nick the fridge come to think of it that might bump up the mini bar bill:omg:

KeithD
24th October 2008, 21:01
...unless Joes missus is carrying her tools ....
What does a womans tool look like? :Erm:

aromulus
25th October 2008, 09:44
What does a womans tool look like? :Erm:

Like one of those, I dare guess.....:Erm:

joebloggs
25th October 2008, 19:30
only tool my misses has is

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/CRT/CRT466/angry-woman-rolling_~15477-18dg.jpg

:yikes:

:cwm24:

andypaul
25th October 2008, 21:56
only tool my misses has is

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/CRT/CRT466/angry-woman-rolling_~15477-18dg.jpg

:yikes:

:cwm24:

Dom had better watch out now she is a whizz on the trains:D Manchester to Wales is not to far away.

Mrs.JMajor
26th October 2008, 14:59
I know cock fight is against the law from America,just wondering w/c is better to watch a cock fighting or a wrestling (WWE):Erm:

opsss my 1000 post on this thread

keithAngel
26th October 2008, 15:33
I know cock fight is against the law from America,just wondering w/c is better to watch a cock fighting or a wrestling (WWE):Erm:

well done on a fluent 1000:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
26th October 2008, 16:01

good point jedc, but i don't think cock fighting is staged, not unless they are good at acting dead, while WWE, i would have to say is staged, having taken my sisters kids a few times to see WWF many years ago, (Saw hulk hogan, under taker etc..)

funny how each match lasted around 15 or 30 mins just in time for the ads on sky, as many were broadcast live on sky then.. :rolleyes:

one thing i'll never forget was, we were sat in front of a group of about 10 guys in thier 20's, they shouted non stop for an hour "we want flaire, we want flaire" :NoNo: to those who don't know its Rik Flaire - legendary wrestler :D, but he wasn't even on the bill and wrestled for WWE :doh

my fav wrestlers the fabulous freebirds :xxgrinning--00xx3: they remind me of a couple of low life lovey-dovey scousers :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2m0bwBKEpk&feature=related