PDA

View Full Version : Spouse visa,do i need working permit and ll i be still international student?????

DreamerGirl
23rd October 2008, 19:41
hello
i m curently in England working as a nanny.and i ve been wondering.if i marry here and get a spouse visa will i be able to work with it without working permit and will i be still considered as an international student ?
thank you
very much

winner
23rd October 2008, 19:59
when you marry you can work from day one no need for working permit

IainBusby
23rd October 2008, 21:46
I think that you have to apply for permission to marry if your on a work visa.
Iain.

DreamerGirl
24th October 2008, 07:30
no i m with an AU PAIR visa for a nanny.
but with a spouse visa will i be still international student?????

darren-b
24th October 2008, 19:11
no i m with an AU PAIR visa for a nanny.

Unless you are in the UK on a fiancee visa you are likely to need to requestion permission from the Home Office to get married here (it may be possible to get married in an Anglican Church without requesting permission).

but with a spouse visa will i be still international student?????

My understanding is that even with a spouse visa you will still be classified as an international student. Once you have ILR and have been in the UK for three years you will be eligible to pay 'home' fees.

joebloggs
24th October 2008, 20:18
You would only be eligible for home fees if you have ILR and have been in the EU region for at least three years prior to the start date of your course.

cheesewiz
28th October 2008, 22:13
You would only be eligible for home fees if you have ILR and have been in the EU region for at least three years prior to the start date of your course.

what is home fees? if you are on a work permit visa and if you have a 17 year old children do they need to pay to get a GCSE exam to go to Uni and how much do you think a tuition fee to go to Uni here?

How about when their turn 18 i know they are not dependant anymore if they dont go to school and instead working fulltime the time they're parents applied for ILR what will happen to their application?

Sorry too many Q's.