PDA

View Full Version : Visa Type and passport

nielsfjords
24th October 2008, 22:00
Dear All,

Thank you to those who welcomed me to the forum :BouncyHappy:

My girlfriend has managed to get her passport without too much hassle which is great. Now the next issue is the visa, I have been reading here that quite alot of the times where someone applies for a tourist visa they are rejected. I am thinking about trying to sponsor her to visit me here in Scotland. I would really like her to visit first before we marry.

My question is when she applies for the visa I presume she has to send her passport at the same time? And then if the visa is refused they will just send her passport back. Sorry if these are really obvious questions.

Thanks in advance for any help folks.

Salamat poh.

Niels

joebloggs
24th October 2008, 22:14
What will I need to make my application?
You will need to make your application online or fill in the following visa application form:

Application form VAF1 - Visitor http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/vaf1
Visitor form guidance notes http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/vaf1guide

You will also need the following.

* Your passport or travel document.
* A recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), colour photograph of yourself. This should be:
o taken against a light-coloured background
o clear and of good quality, and not framed or backed
o printed on normal photographic paper, and
o full face and without sunglasses, hat or other head covering unless you wear this for cultural or religious reasons (but the face must not be covered).
* The visa fee. This cannot be refunded, and you must normally pay it in the local currency of the country where you are applying.
* Any supporting documents relevant to your application.

yes, of course she will get her passport back, and most of the evidence.

PAT
25th October 2008, 04:55
[QUOTE=nielsfjords;94952]Dear All,

Thank you to those who welcomed me to the forum :BouncyHappy:

My girlfriend has managed to get her passport without too much hassle which is great. Now the next issue is the visa, I have been reading here that quite alot of the times where someone applies for a tourist visa they are rejected. I am thinking about trying to sponsor her to visit me here in Scotland. I would really like her to visit first before we marry.

My question is when she applies for the visa I presume she has to send her passport at the same time? And then if the visa is refused they will just send her passport back. Sorry if these are really obvious questions.

Thanks in advance for any help folks.

Salamat poh.

Hello, welcome to the forum and yes, you will get all your original documents and passport back. I got all mine by courier no lacking but sad to say no visa, i was being refused.

PAT
25th October 2008, 04:57
Hello nielsfjord, welcome to the forum and yes, you will get all your original documents and passport back. I got all mine by courier no lacking but sad to say no visa, i was being refused.

vbkelly
25th October 2008, 19:01
Hello nielsfjord, welcome to the forum and yes, you will get all your original documents and passport back. I got all mine by courier no lacking but sad to say no visa, i was being refused.

sorry to hear that PAT try fiancee or spouse visa next time

nielsfjords
25th October 2008, 23:02
Hi everyone and thanks for replying to me. So its best to use a couriers service to send the form, documents and passport?

Sorry to hear that Pat about the Visa, I am still deciding whether or not just to get married and go for a spouse visa. The visa system might have to force Connie and myself to do that.

Cheers. Niels

PAT
26th October 2008, 02:55
sorry to hear that PAT try fiancee or spouse visa next time

Yes vbkelly and thank you, my boyfriend and I will going to have a holiday together soon then apply for fiance visa hopefully early next year.