PDA

View Full Version : Server Problem

KeithD
25th October 2008, 18:01
This morning the server suffered a hiccup, somehow one of the Centos config files got corrupted, and it has taken a few hours to rebuild the system.

Everything is back as it was around 9am today.

Ann07
25th October 2008, 18:06
I tried to open the forum at around 2pm but can't open it. It was quarter to 5 when i managed to open it. Same as ana i asked jacklyn if she exp the same and she said yes:yikes:.

Im glad its ok now boss:)

eljean
25th October 2008, 18:11
yeah same here thought my pc has loading problem :doh

Sconnie
25th October 2008, 19:19
Thanks Boss,
sadly not all things are as they were at 9am, we have now been beaten by that team down the coast, first time there for 28 years :-(

vbkelly
25th October 2008, 19:23
This morning the server suffered a hiccup, somehow one of the Centos config files got corrupted, and it has taken a few hours to rebuild the system.

oh yeah, what you did boss?

andypaul
25th October 2008, 19:23

Teach you for letting Joe do his Course homework on the Fliping heck uk server:D

Glad all is well:)

joebloggs
25th October 2008, 19:52
Teach you for letting Joe do his Course homework on the Fliping heck uk server:D

Glad all is well:)

don't you have mirroring scouser Keith ? i suppose there is always the risk your going to mirror corrupt files :doh

i've not done course work for many months Andy :NoNo:

while waffling on about course work, did you become MCITP ??? is it worth doing in your opinion ?

andypaul
25th October 2008, 21:25
don't you have mirroring scouser Keith ? i suppose there is always the risk your going to mirror corrupt files :doh

while waffling on about course work, did you become MCITP ??? is it worth doing in your opinion ?

No Coursework what an example to the Kids:NoNo::D

Im not MCITP but the project management version sounds like a way of bunking off work for a few days:D

Mrs.JMajor
26th October 2008, 00:38
Glad its back,make me sick ,knowing i cant log on to the forum

KeithD
26th October 2008, 09:49

I use mirroring and NAS backups, as well as dumping the MySQL on the home comp. Luckily I get the 'server screen' on my PC which makes life a lot easier.