PDA

View Full Version : trying to bring a long term friend to the u/k

allan12
29th October 2008, 11:34
Hello friends, I am wanting to bring a long term friend over to the u/k. I am
not in the best of health and wonder if it would be possible to bring her over as my carer? Anybody know about such possibilities please? Salamat Allan

PeterB
29th October 2008, 13:02
Difficult. You would be expected to prove that your friend can perform tasks that no European, or current UK resident, can perform.

darren-b
29th October 2008, 20:11
Difficult. You would be expected to prove that your friend can perform tasks that no European, or current UK resident, can perform.

The first problem would actually becoming licensed to sponsor a work permit.

"You must meet the following requirements to become a licensed sponsor:

you must be a genuine organisation or sole trader operating legally in the United Kingdom;"

joebloggs
29th October 2008, 21:36
and a visitor visa, they are not allowed to work, paid or unpaid :NoNo:

baboyako
29th October 2008, 21:58
emigrate :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
30th October 2008, 02:08

Thats an interesting concept Peter:icon_lol:

darren-b
30th October 2008, 08:07
emigrate :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Or buy/rent somewhere over there and partially emigrate for a year. Then bring the carer back to the UK on a overseas domestic visa.

"You have been working as a domestic worker in the same house as your employer for at least one year immediately before your application, or you have been working in a household that your employer uses regularly for themselves for at least one year immediately before your application, and you can show that there is a connection between you and your employer. "