PDA

View Full Version : Ilr......joe Can You Help Please??

lizaphil
29th October 2008, 20:34
Well anyone can help me PLEASE

My SPOUSE visa expires.......20th June 2009
I entered UK .....................19th Sep 2007

WHEN, should I apply for my ILR??

I know its 28 days before?????? (BUT what date??)

I live 15 mins away from Croydon, so I shall NOT be posting my application, I shall be taking in person.

Thanks to all in advance.

P.S.
Hubby wrote this, my grammar is NOT that good...yet...LOL

andypaul
29th October 2008, 20:45
I think you may need Flr as you will not have been in the Uk for two years by the time your Spouse visa ends.

Joe is far better than all the dates than I.

Gotta disappear for a few hours but if Joe is out walking his whippet still, I will try and help more if required although no expert.

darren-b
29th October 2008, 20:49
As andypaul has just said you will need to apply for FLR first as you took more than 28 days to come to the UK once you were granted your spouse visa.

lizaphil
29th October 2008, 20:56
Now I'm really confused....(dont take a lot though...LOL

My visa was issued 20th June 2007, BUT I couldn't fly out of Manila until 18th Sept 2007 (I arrived in UK and got passport stamped on 19th Sept.
So not really my fault that I couldn't get a ticket.

Anyhoos.......FLR.....Is this basically the same as ILR?

(I will look on UK Border, but geez I wish they wouldn't talk 'gobbledygook'
:furious3:

joebloggs
29th October 2008, 21:26
Well anyone can help me PLEASE

My SPOUSE visa expires.......20th June 2009
I entered UK .....................19th Sep 2007

WHEN, should I apply for my ILR??

I know its 28 days before?????? (BUT what date??)

I live 15 mins away from Croydon, so I shall NOT be posting my application, I shall be taking in person.

Thanks to all in advance.

P.S.
Hubby wrote this, my grammar is NOT that good...yet...LOL

you can apply up to 28 days before you've been in the uk 2yrs, that's if by that date your visa has not expired :yikes:

so you came to the uk 19 sep 2007, so the date you will have been in the uk 2 yrs is 18 sep 2009 !

you can apply upto 28 days before..

18 sept 2009 - 28 days is 21st of aug 2009 is the earilest you can apply..

but your visa expired on the 20th of june 2009 :yikes:

:NoNo: your 2 months out, you need to apply for FLR, like others have said, you can apply for it any time, maybe best before april as no doubt they will push the price up again :doh

you will probably get FLR until 19th of Sept, so you will have been in the uk 2 yrs by then, and so you can apply and pay for ILR :doh

i think FLR is £400 ?? :Erm:

what was you doing in the phils for 3 months after you got your spouse visa !!! :Erm:

darren-b
29th October 2008, 21:38
you can apply upto 28 days before..

It does though seem that the BIA is allowing a little bit more than 28 days nowadays. I've seen someone on another forum say they were advised to apply for ILR even though they travelled ~7 weeks after their spouse visa was issued.

3 months might be pushing it a bit, but I guess it might be worth contacting the BIA.

For visa holders only. If you obtained a visa but delayed your journey to the UK by weeks or months after the date from which your visa was valid for use, you may need to apply for an an extension of stay on form FLR(M) to make up the 2 years. If you are in this situation and need more advice, please call 0870 606 7766.

lizaphil
29th October 2008, 21:42
Geez, dont ask.
I (hubby the one writing this) had a year ticket on Qatar, allowing me one date change for FREE.
So we applied for the spouse visa, 4 weeks later (yes that quick) Liza got her visa to come to the UK.
So of we go to Qatar, to get her a ticket and me the FREE date change.
This was in JUNE 2007

So of we go to Qatar to get Liza her ticket, and me to get my FREE date change.

"Sorry sir fully booked (date changes) until January 2008"

ME:- "OK what if I upgrade to business class?"
Qatar "Sorry sir, fully booked"
ME:- "My return date on my ticket is 18th Sept 2007, I need to get home NOW"
Qatar:- The only way you can get home now, is to PURCHASE another ticket, then purchase a ticket for your wife, and then you can travel together"
ME:- :furious3:...OFF

So we waited until my return ticket was due, 18th Sept and bought a ticket for Liza and we traveled back home.

P.S.
Qatar wanted £532-00 ONE WAY for me

In the end I paid £320-00 approx for Liza ticket.

I even made out I was very Ill with my diabetes...still no joy

Hence we stayed until Sept 2007

Cheers.

I'm of to Croydon next week, to get this finalized, and will post what they have to say.
(NOT that I dont believe you)
Coz what I am reading I have to pay £395-00 for the flr, and then ANOTHER £395-00 for the ILR????

Geez, and this countries in a rescission????

joebloggs
29th October 2008, 21:44
oh, if it was a week or 2 i would risk it, but not 2 months :icon_lol:

yes they should phone BIA, and im 99% sure they will tell them to apply for FLR.

one of the major reasons why people are refused a visa, is applying before they are suppose to :cwm24:

i don'tknow why i'm :icon_lol:, i had to apply for FLR for the same reason :doh

joebloggs
29th October 2008, 21:46
and then ANOTHER £395-00 for the ILR????

if your going in person its £950 i think and £750 by post :yikes:

darren-b
29th October 2008, 21:52

And FLR will be £595 in person rather than £395 by post....

joebloggs
29th October 2008, 21:55
:action-smiley-081: i didn't give them the pleasure of paying extra for a same day :NoNo:

i used the post, and for once i saved a bit, one form and one fee for the misses and the 2 kids :Hellooo::icon_lol:

:BouncyHappy:

lizaphil
29th October 2008, 21:59

Not flamming you here, but on the BIA site, on my pc at he mo, its .....

£395 postal for FLR
£595 in person for FLR

BTW.....How long does a FLR last for,
Is it ONLY until sept 2009 when Liza got her passport stamped?
and then does she have to apply for a ILR??
Does the ILR last for 2 years?
Can you just keep re-applying for an ILR or do they only allow you to apply for 1 ILR, then you have to take the 'Life in the UK Test'

What if Liza left UK, and then went home to Leyte for a year then re-applied to come back to UK??

Can you help me on these Q's please

Cheers in advance mate

Jeffrey

joebloggs
29th October 2008, 22:17
Not flamming you here, but on the BIA site, on my pc at he mo, its .....

£395 postal for FLR
£595 in person for FLR

BTW.....How long does a FLR last for,
Is it ONLY until sept 2009 when Liza got her passport stamped?
and then does she have to apply for a ILR??
Does the ILR last for 2 years?
Can you just keep re-applying for an ILR or do they only allow you to apply for 1 ILR, then you have to take the 'Life in the UK Test'

What if Liza left UK, and then went home to Leyte for a year then re-applied to come back to UK??

Can you help me on these Q's please

Cheers in advance mate

Jeffrey

yes sounds right for FLR ..

but like i said it will probably only be vaild for 2 months, util you've been in the uk 2 years, allowing you to apply for ILR !! and thats £750 post, £950+ same day

ILR last forever or until the gov does something to stop it or change it, like probationary citizenship, like next year, which may mean no more ILR .

you have to take the life in uk test b4 you can apply for ILR !!!

you should only need to apply for ILR once, unless you go and live outside the uk for more than 2 years..

once you rmisses has ILR she can go and live in the phils for a year, upto 2yrs, no more or she will lose her ILR !!.

apply for FLR and then ILR and then citizenship, then the gov ca't get any more from you

vbkelly
29th October 2008, 22:20
before you apply ILR you need to take the LIFE IN THE UK test ILR last forever if you don't want to become a british citizen. but after 1year of your ILR you can apply a british citizenship.

darren-b
29th October 2008, 22:26
yes sounds right for FLR ..

but like i said it will probably only be vaild for 2 months, util you've been in the uk 2 years, allowing you to apply for ILR !! and thats £750 post, £950+ same day

It seems to vary - the last person I know who had to apply for FLR rather than ILR because they had delayed their journey was given an additional 2 years.

darren-b
29th October 2008, 22:28
but after 1year of your ILR you can apply a british citizenship.

That's not true - you can apply for british citizenship once you have ILR and have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years. In my wifes case it was ~6 months after she was granted ILR.

vbkelly
29th October 2008, 22:43
darren i just base this in my personal experienced coz i've been here as a spouse visa which is 2years so after of 1year of my ILR which is im 3years here in Uk thats why.

joebloggs
29th October 2008, 22:46
It seems to vary - the last person I know who had to apply for FLR rather than ILR because they had delayed their journey was given an additional 2 years.

that's up to the case worker, if you couldn't pass the life in uk test b4 your spouse visa ran out, you would have to apply for FLR, which probably would be given for 2 years..

the reason why they would probably only give flr for 2 months would be so you would have to apply for ILR. and of course the benefits of ILR make it worth applying for .

not much point in giving you FLR for 2 years, as you will need to apply for ILR anyway. get it out of the way before it cost more and takes longer to get..

darren-b
31st October 2008, 06:07
oh, if it was a week or 2 i would risk it, but not 2 months :icon_lol:

yes they should phone BIA, and im 99% sure they will tell them to apply for FLR.

one of the major reasons why people are refused a visa, is applying before they are suppose to :cwm24:

i don'tknow why i'm :icon_lol:, i had to apply for FLR for the same reason :doh

Looking at another post they actually will allow up to 3 months - guess this is since they increased the spouse visa from 24 months to 27 months.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=11904

Though as they will put your application on hold it's definitely not worth paying the £200 extra for the same day service (as they won't process it the same day...).

PeterB
31st October 2008, 12:39
At least, once your application is submitted, your current visa status continues until you receive the decision.

joebloggs
31st October 2008, 18:57
yes, it looks like they've just started allowing people who came to the uk within 3 months of the issue date of their visa to apply for ILR instead of FLR :D

probably linked with the change of the spouse visa being valid from 24 to 27 months...

you still must apply before you're visa expires, and you could be waiting a while like 3 or 4 months for result of your visa app.. unless you apply for FLR, but then your applying for 2 visa's.. but you'll not have to wait so long for each result... and you'll be £400 worse off..

anyway check with the H/O that this is correct and maybe email them and send a copy of the email along with your ILR app :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh and if you want to take it to the PEO, then you'll have to apply for FLR, and then ILR. if you apply for ILR only you can only post it (because your app will not be processed til you've been in the uk near 2 yrs)

andypaul
31st October 2008, 19:25
yes, it looks like they've just started allowing people who came to the uk within 3 months of the issue date of their visa to apply for ILR instead of FLR :D

probably linked with the change of the spouse visa being valid from 24 to 27 months...

you still must apply before you're visa expires, and you could be waiting a while like 3 or 4 months for result of your visa app.. unless you apply for FLR, but then your applying for 2 visa's.. but you'll not have to wait so long for each result... and you'll be £400 worse off..

anyway check with the H/O that this is correct and maybe email them and send a copy of the email along with your ILR app :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh and if you want to take it to the PEO, then you'll have to apply for FLR, and then ILR. if you apply for ILR only you can only post it (because your app will not be processed til you've been in the uk near 2 yrs)

It does apear fom what i read that this is one case where only one option and thats to post.