PDA

View Full Version : Driving Lesson

Toyang
30th October 2008, 13:31
A friend from the Phils will come to UK on a Fiancee visa next year asked me if its a good idea to take a driving lesson in the Philippines or just wait until she gets here in the UK and take a driving lesson here in England?

DianaKevy
30th October 2008, 13:42
let her wait til she gets here in UK 'coz its the same thing she still has to take the test here and also the driver side is different.

PeterB
30th October 2008, 14:36
If she learns driving habits in Phils, she will be a terror on UK roads!

IainBusby
30th October 2008, 18:59
A friend from the Phils will come to UK on a Fiancee visa next year asked me if its a good idea to take a driving lesson in the Philippines or just wait until she gets here in the UK and take a driving lesson here in England?

If she comes here with an international licence, she will be able to drive in the UK for a year before she will have to take her UK driving test. Driving lessons are very expensive in the UK and this could be a good way of getting lots of experience of driving in the UK before she takes her test. I would however recommend that she takes some driving lessons before she unleashes herself unaccompanied on the rest of us here.
Iain.

Geraldine
30th October 2008, 20:39
Its better if she learns to drive in Philippines and lessons are cheaper as well. I think its an advantage if you;ve been driving already. So when she arrives here in UK she just needs to take a few lessons and brush up her skills.

I've been driving in Manila since I was 18 and when I arrived here I just took a few lessons just to learn how to drive around UK roads like following speed limits, reading road signs, round abouts...in short not being a maniac driver unlike when I was in Manila :D