PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Happy!!!

benb
30th October 2008, 15:07
Hurrray!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:
Finally got my brand new car! Smells so good inside! I'm in love again!!

Its my first diesel car and very impressed! got a 335d M Sport.

YoooooohoooooMuummmmuh! It’s a black beauty!:woohoo::woohoo:

maria_and_matt
30th October 2008, 15:09
make sure you drive safe and don't crash it tomorrow :p anyway have fun with it.. safe driving.

vbkelly
30th October 2008, 18:41
make sure you have a car insurance and pay the road tax

aromulus
30th October 2008, 20:56
Beamer.................:Blacklistthatsucks::BlacklistThumbdown0:vomit-smiley-011:

:Bolt::xxparty-smiley-004:

:ARsurrender::ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

Make the most of it, mate.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

benb
30th October 2008, 22:44
Beamer.................:Blacklistthatsucks::BlacklistThumbdown0:vomit-smiley-011:

I used to dislike beamers too. If you cannot beat them, then join them :D

nigel
30th October 2008, 22:57
Sounds better than my car!:xxgrinning--00xx3:I've got a Skoda..:NoNo: but it is a modern one!:) It's got a heated rear window! - Keeps your hands warm when your pushing it!:icon_lol:

andypaul
30th October 2008, 23:36
the wife bought a hat,scarf and gloves today. Should keep her warm on the bus..

keithAngel
31st October 2008, 03:08
Sounds better than my car!:xxgrinning--00xx3:I've got a Skoda..:NoNo: but it is a modern one!:) It's got a heated rear window! - Keeps your hands warm when your pushing it!:icon_lol:

That was an old joke

Whats the difference between a Skoda and an S.T.D.?

You can get rid of an S.T.D.:peepwall:

PeterB
31st October 2008, 05:04
I used to dislike beamers too. If you cannot beat them, then join them :D

I was looking for a new car in 1996. I test drove the BMW 3-series and Audi A4, amongst others. I found the BMW to be very boring and ordinary. The Audi felt very solid and luxurious. I became an 'Audi man' from that point, and spent a total £150k on new Audis between 1996 and 2003. I sold that car, which I bought in 2003, for £22k when I left UK last December. I guess that the 63% depreciation in 4 1/2 years was a bit disappointing, though!

KeithD
31st October 2008, 09:29
Diesel :omg:

They now cost more to run than a petrol. I've usually always had a diesel, but as the price of fuel has dropped, the gap is still 12p :NoNo: ...whereas is goes up in ratio....so diesel owners are now getting shafted :doh

For every 1p the gap over 8p, if you average 12,000 miles a year, you save £60 per 1p in a petrol, taking into account the cost of the vehicles at the start. So at the moment you'd save around £240 a year with a petrol :xxgrinning--00xx3:, and that will only increase.

I just picked up a new petrol Qashqai+2 this week :BouncyHappy:

Piamed
31st October 2008, 09:44
Hurrray!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:
Finally got my brand new car! Smells so good inside! I'm in love again!!

Its my first diesel car and very impressed! got a 335d M Sport.

YoooooohoooooMuummmmuh! It’s a black beauty!:woohoo::woohoo:Hahaha! Well done. AS far as I'm concerned cars only come in one of 2 colours, Black or silver! Did you go for a coupe? Let's see a pic then.

Btw watch out. Your car probably has the same fuel nozzle safety device as mine. It will only accept the wider diesel nozzle. I recently could not get to fill my car as the garage had changed the nozzles due to damage caused by lorries and had replaced the diesel nozzles with the smaller unleaded ones.:NoNo:

make sure you drive safe and don't crash it tomorrow :p anyway have fun with it.. safe driving.Ouch! That hurt! :)

I used to dislike beamers too. If you cannot beat them, then join them :DYou know, I also hated beamers because of the stereotype image etc etc etc. But, I have to say that BM's are drivers cars. Responsive and you feel in touc with the road although mine does feel a bit lighter than i would have liked when cornering on the motorways at erm, higher speeds.

Sounds better than my car!:xxgrinning--00xx3:I've got a Skoda..:NoNo: but it is a modern one!:) It's got a heated rear window! - Keeps your hands warm when your pushing it!:icon_lol:Like that! :icon_lol:

the wife bought a hat,scarf and gloves today. Should keep her warm on the bus..Will certainly need it now the weather has changed.

I was looking for a new car in 1996. I test drove the BMW 3-series and Audi A4, amongst others. I found the BMW to be very boring and ordinary. The Audi felt very solid and luxurious. I became an 'Audi man' from that point, and spent a total £150k on new Audis between 1996 and 2003. I sold that car, which I bought in 2003, for £22k when I left UK last December. I guess that the 63% depreciation in 4 1/2 years was a bit disappointing, though!I hated Audi also peviously but then had one for a couple of years. I will say that i got used to it and was good value for money but I dont think it compares to the Merc. My dream car is the E55 AMG. I just love the lines but cannot justify the cost, even if i had the money.

They now cost more to run than a petrol. I've usually always had a diesel, but as the price of fuel has dropped, the gap is still 12p :NoNo: ...whereas is goes up in ratio....so diesel owners are now getting shafted :doh

For every 1p the gap over 8p, if you average 12,000 miles a year, you save £60 per 1p in a petrol, taking into account the cost of the vehicles at the start. So at the moment you'd save around £240 a year with a petrol :xxgrinning--00xx3:, and that will only increase.

I just picked up a new petrol Qashqai+2 this week :BouncyHappy:Totally true about the running costs. How is the Qashqai? I've still not seen one. Let us have a butcher's boss!

aromulus
31st October 2008, 10:05

I just picked up a new petrol Qashqai+2 this week :BouncyHappy:

Very true to some point.

I find that the extra mileage per gallon, compared to petrol , more than makes up for the few pence difference in price.

So, pound for pound, I can drive that little bit further on a gallon of diesel.... Allegedly.....:D

So what I lose on the swings...........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cashcow....????:Erm:

Paris Hilton....????:rolleyes:

benb
31st October 2008, 10:47
Hahaha! Well done. AS far as I'm concerned cars only come in one of 2 colours, Black or silver! Did you go for a coupe? Let's see a pic then.

Btw watch out. Your car probably has the same fuel nozzle safety device as mine. It will only accept the wider diesel nozzle. I recently could not get to fill my car as the garage had changed the nozzles due to damage caused by lorries and had replaced the diesel nozzles with the smaller unleaded ones.:NoNo:

Ouch! That hurt! :)

Got a Saloon instead :( as I got a baby coming in Dec :).
Thanks for the fuel nozzle safety tip.

Diesel does more miles to the gallon and hence pollutes less. Not too certain about Keith's calculations. :Erm: The demand for diesel fuel has surged in EU causing the fuel to be more expensive. We just got to wait and see if that changes as supplies from refineries increase. Also, we need to consider VED band which is higher for a similar BHP petrol counterpart. Other factors include - diesel engines are reliable and can easily do 200kmiles and more, lower rev and hence less noise given the same BHP output, able to use chippy oil!!! etc.

Cheers
http://spicemambo.com/download/335dMS.JPG

KeithD
31st October 2008, 10:53
You need to clean the path :D

Less noise on a diesel :Erm: ....erm....I've yet to find a diesel that is quiter than a petrol after 10,000 miles.

My calculations are correct :xxgrinning--00xx3:

...but more importantly.....who gives a :action-smiley-081: about emmissions? :D We all die anyway :yikes: ....and all that carbon has been in the atmosphere at some point in the past. Nothing wrong if the planet turns into Venus, at least we'll have warm weather :rolleyes:

benb
31st October 2008, 10:54
I was looking for a new car in 1996. I test drove the BMW 3-series and Audi A4, amongst others. I found the BMW to be very boring and ordinary. The Audi felt very solid and luxurious. I became an 'Audi man' from that point, and spent a total £150k on new Audis between 1996 and 2003. I sold that car, which I bought in 2003, for £22k when I left UK last December. I guess that the 63% depreciation in 4 1/2 years was a bit disappointing, though!

I did test drive the new audi A4 for the weekend. It looked really good with a bigger boot too. But the diesel engine was not as smooth nor as powerful as the beamer. The beamer does more miles to the gallon too. Also, the lead time for an Audi is ~18 weeks!!!

Cheers

Piamed
31st October 2008, 11:18
Got a Saloon instead :( as I got a baby coming in Dec :).
Thanks for the fuel nozzle safety tip.

Diesel does more miles to the gallon and hence pollutes less. Not too certain about Keith's calculations. :Erm: The demand for diesel fuel has surged in EU causing the fuel to be more expensive. We just got to wait and see if that changes as supplies from refineries increase. Also, we need to consider VED band which is higher for a similar BHP petrol counterpart. Other factors include - diesel engines are reliable and can easily do 200kmiles and more, lower rev and hence less noise given the same BHP output, able to use chippy oil!!! etc.

Cheers
http://spicemambo.com/download/335dMS.JPG

Nice!!!!!!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3: The baby's gonna love pukeing in it :icon_lol:

PeterB
31st October 2008, 12:50
My dream car is the E55 AMG.
My last car was the Audi equivalent ... the RS6. I hated to part with it, but I couldn't bring it to Phils. It was a difficult decision ... RS6, or Ruby!:bigcry:

benb
31st October 2008, 13:01
My last car was the Audi equivalent ... the RS6. I hated to part with it, but I couldn't bring it to Phils. It was a difficult decision ... RS6, or Ruby!:bigcry:

RS6? Awesome supercar!!!!! :yikes:

PeterB
31st October 2008, 13:22
RS6? Awesome supercar!!!!! :yikes:

Indeed ... it surprised (and upset) one or two Porsche drivers! I debadged mine so that the casual observer wouldn't be aware what it was.

I could cover considerable distances, quite quickly, and with out feeling at all strained. Eg, Reading to Glasgow with just one fuelling stop. I regularly made journies from Reading to North Norfolk (166 miles) in less than two hours, and Reading to Wakefield in less than three.

My 'cheap' runabout was as much fun, but in a very different way - that was a 2005 MR2 Roadster.

It was very difficult to get the RS6 out of line, but the tail of the MR2 could be nicely controlled with the accelerator.

Piamed
31st October 2008, 20:06
My last car was the Audi equivalent ... the RS6. I hated to part with it, but I couldn't bring it to Phils. It was a difficult decision ... RS6, or Ruby!:bigcry:Great car! When i went to test drive mine there was an R8 parked in the staff area. The sales woman told me that it was bought for a member of the admin team by her bf. I told her immediately that i knew the girl was not bad looking! I was correct. :D

RS6? Awesome supercar!!!!! :yikes:Yup!

Indeed ... it surprised (and upset) one or two Porsche drivers! I debadged mine so that the casual observer wouldn't be aware what it was.

I could cover considerable distances, quite quickly, and with out feeling at all strained. Eg, Reading to Glasgow with just one fuelling stop. I regularly made journies from Reading to North Norfolk (166 miles) in less than two hours, and Reading to Wakefield in less than three.

My 'cheap' runabout was as much fun, but in a very different way - that was a 2005 MR2 Roadster.

It was very difficult to get the RS6 out of line, but the tail of the MR2 could be nicely controlled with the accelerator.Not that you were ever speeding :)