PDA

View Full Version : cOMPILING DOCUMENTS BEST WAY

ron
31st October 2008, 13:19
:furious3:im now in the process of collecting all the documents and proof of our relationship for the spouse visa . Already i have a big pile of papers, statements , letters, receipts. Some items so small they could easily get lost in the pile. Can anyone advise how they did it. I thought of stapeleing mosyt things together but maybe that could be more irritating.

Just want to make sure i got things right and in some straight forward looking order .

thanks ron

andypaul
31st October 2008, 14:38
Couples who have recently applied can give you the latest.

But i was told via email by the Manager of the Visa dept in the UK embassy in phill back a few years.

Never staple any thing, i think paper clips were ok.
Dont put in those little palstic wallets in ring binders. Keep it all loose leaf.

If i were you (but others may have more current info)

Make two piles one orignals and one copies.

Remeber any documents you wish to be returned you should copy.

Then make an index and then file everything in order so
say orignals and then copies.

Also of any very important or unique documents do keep copies just in case.

If your in the UK to keep costs down it maybe worth sending over the orignals and then to save freight costs.
Some documents you can also scan and send as PDF's ( keep the orginal layout and adobe viewers are free and universal)

Either ask your mahal to go to a print centre and copy/print (usb stick say) them or buy a AIO printer/scanner/copier. Many on here have and it works out cheaper for many also means your mahal can copy/print anything else she has at her end in the comfort of her home. Also ink refills and repairs are normally far cheaper out there.
The printer can then be left for the family or sold on if not required.

miayela
1st November 2008, 08:37
Hi Ron! Andypaul is right...

Mine when i submitted it my spousal visa application i didnt staple the reciepts nor put a clip on it...Just buy 2 envelop or folder then separate the original and photo copy..

You will have a checklist to follow so you can arrange all the papers in order...Just make sure you double check everything before you submit all your papers..No need to photo copy the application form and by the way dont forget to attach your picture on your visa application..

aromulus
1st November 2008, 12:31
:furious3:im now in the process of collecting all the documents and proof of our relationship for the spouse visa . Already i have a big pile of papers, statements , letters, receipts. Some items so small they could easily get lost in the pile. Can anyone advise how they did it. I thought of stapeleing mosyt things together but maybe that could be more irritating.

Just want to make sure i got things right and in some straight forward looking order .

thanks ron

We arranged everything in clear plastic pouches.

And put them in the order as the checklist on the VFS website.

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/checklist.aspx

amyburple
4th November 2008, 08:17
We arranged everything in clear plastic pouches.

And put them in the order as the checklist on the VFS website.

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/checklist.aspx

Hello MOD ummm PLASTIC POUCHES is it the TRANSPARENT ENVELOP?

So it's not necessary to put some labels and staple the documents? How about filing it because most of the docs that I will submit is all photo copied? Can i put together the photocopies and the original one (I have only few original docs and most of them are my credentials?

DianaKevy
4th November 2008, 12:48
Hello MOD ummm PLASTIC POUCHES is it the TRANSPARENT ENVELOP?

So it's not necessary to put some labels and staple the documents? How about filing it because most of the docs that I will submit is all photo copied? Can i put together the photocopies and the original one (I have only few original docs and most of them are my credentials?

The only advise I could give you guys is just follow the sequence in the checklist and DON'T STAPLE ANYTHING. you can just use a paperclips or a folded clip.and make sure put your passport first. you don't need any fancy envelops coz they only need your papers. GOOD LUCK!

mavid
4th November 2008, 13:50
I learned it the hard way lol Mine was neatly done & labeled in folders with plastic pouches...the lady asked me to removed everything inside!

I used Big paper clips to separate them...then use Big clips to separate Orig from photocopies.

Also added a front page...like table of contents.

On top was my Cover Letter.