PDA

View Full Version : Cebuano lessons and English to

keithAngel
5th November 2008, 06:18
http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/style_images/1/spacer.gif
My Partner is about to launch both Cebuano for us guys and English for any Filipinos here in Cebu City and on line for anyone further away (skype etc) I have asked permission of Keith to publicise which he has kindly given .

What we envisage here in Cebu are small groups between 1-4 meeting either at our place in Guadalupe or at yours if that suits you better and we will be offering introductory classes to meet and discuss the level of study required either in Cebuano or English which might be something for your Honey to do whilst waiting for you to visit or for a visa

We are currently working on lesson plans for these courses

My Partner is a Graduate of English and has completed 33 units out of 39 in her Masters in English MAEd ELT(with Cebuano as one of her cognate subjects) She has been teaching English as a Second Language at the largest language school in Asia for nearly seven years and is at the 85% level at Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English and is at the top of her game, she therefore is able not only to speak both languages fluently but also to explain the underlying rules and grammar for those wishing to achieve fluency and of course for those that would simply like to feel more proficient ordering a cold beer

If this is of interest to any of the members here please feel free to text on 00639052892882 giving your name and e-mail or send me a P.M.

I wasn't too sure where to post this so if it needs moving I will appreciate that

We are also happy to assist any new arrivals in the Cebu area (nation wide if its really important)with advance house hunting, gift deliveries etc in fact if theres any little or big thing just ask.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

(http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/index.php?act=post&do=edit_post&f=35&t=7622&p=73593&st=0)

keithAngel
24th November 2008, 05:27
Kumusta man ka?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,How are you?(meeting and greeting)

We had our first introduction to Cebuano on Saturday afternoon and covered such words as

How...............Unsa on

What..............Unsa

Who...............Kinsa

When..............Kanus a

Why...............Ngano

Where............Asa/Diin

and then went on to use these word in simple sentences nga is great fun I hold my nose for this one lol(I write my notes phonetically so sometimes my spelling of the Cebuano word may not be 100% accurate as i am primarily interested in verbal communication).

This group class will be running twice a week and there is still room if you are quick final days are not yet fixed but will be on one evening a week at 7pm and one weekend afternoon at 3pm starting next weekend cost 200peso per session paid monthly in advance let us know your prefered days and we will see if we can get it to fit

We envisage a second intro class in three weeks depending on interest from you guys here and we also have a couple of ladies who want to improve their English and this group class will start soon and still has vacancies

(http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/index.php?act=post&do=edit_post&f=35&t=9077&p=75278&st=0)

Frances
24th November 2008, 06:07
Wow that's very educational Phillip wanted to learn I hope we can arrange something.See you soon. : )

Jay&Zobel
26th November 2008, 20:17
My Partner is about to launch both Cebuano for us guys and English for any Filipinos here in Cebu City and on line for anyone further away (skype etc) I have asked permission of Keith to publicise which he has kindly given .

What we envisage here in Cebu are small groups between 1-4 meeting either at our place in Guadalupe or at yours if that suits you better and we will be offering introductory classes to meet and discuss the level of study required either in Cebuano or English which might be something for your Honey to do whilst waiting for you to visit or for a visa

My Partner is a Graduate of English and has completed 33 units out of 39 in her Masters in English MAEd ELT(with Cebuano as one of her cognate subjects) She has been teaching English as a Second Language at the largest language school in Asia for nearly seven years and is at the 85% level at Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English and is at the top of her game, she therefore is able not only to speak both languages fluently but also to explain the underlying rules and grammar for those wishing to achieve fluency and of course for those that would simply like to feel more proficient ordering a cold beer
If this is of interest to any of the members here please feel free to text on 00639052892882 giving your name and e-mail or send me a P.M.

(http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/index.php?act=post&do=edit_post&f=35&t=7622&p=73593&st=0)

WOW!!! Soon it will become known worldwide! Your wife is indeed intelligent & is willing to help others too! And you are her partner in everything! :Hellooo:

GODSPEED to you both! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
27th November 2008, 05:16
WOW!!! Soon it will become known worldwide! Your wife is indeed intelligent & is willing to help others too! And you are her partner in everything! :Hellooo:

GODSPEED to you both! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

How else can she keep me in San Migs:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
27th November 2008, 10:47
I would like to learn Double Dutch and Gobbledegook, then I will be able to talk with my solicitor.

Al.:)

aromulus
27th November 2008, 10:48
I would like to learn Double Dutch and Gobbledegook, then I will be able to talk with my solicitor.

Ahhh....... You mean....:Erm:

Legalese....???

I am in the same boat, for different reasons.....:NoNo:

jimeve
27th November 2008, 13:42
How about Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän.

that's a real word in German.

Donaud steamship company captain. wonder why do they join the words together.:Erm:

Alan
27th November 2008, 14:21

Donaud steamship company captain. wonder why do they join the words together.:Erm:

'Cos they fell apart in the war!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
27th November 2008, 22:14
I think they're trying to outdo the Welsh. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PeterB
28th November 2008, 12:22

Err ... Donau. The d is the first letter of 'Dampf' (= steam). And Donau is the German name for the river Danube.

baboyako
29th November 2008, 00:23

Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengessellschaft

:UpYurs:

keithAngel
29th November 2008, 01:42
Heh loiter spinst du alle here iste eine Cebuano oder Englisher thread

PeterB
29th November 2008, 03:28
Haha ... I like the phonetic spelling, Keith!

aromulus
29th November 2008, 08:44
Heh loiter spinst du alle here iste eine Cebuano oder Englisher thread

Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengessellschaft

Mann koennte sich auch auf Deutsch unterhalten, es mach mir nichts aus.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
29th November 2008, 11:07
Whatever you do, DON'T mention the war!!

aromulus
29th November 2008, 11:29

Guten morgen, Squire.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
29th November 2008, 11:37
Err ... Donau. The d is the first letter of 'Dampf' (= steam). And Donau is the German name for the river Danube.

Don't blame me Peter, I only copied it.

jimeve
29th November 2008, 11:47

Translated :

"association of subordinate officials of the head office management of the Danube steamboat electrical services"

andypaul
29th November 2008, 12:10

Or 1966 and linesman:D

jimeve
29th November 2008, 12:13
Or 1966 and linesman:D

Good job that linesman was Russian.

andypaul
29th November 2008, 12:26
Good job that linesman was Russian.

If he had not been in such a hurry, russian about everywhere he might not have given it:D

Alan
29th November 2008, 13:23
It was definitely a goal though - almost touched the back of the net! Don't know what all the fuss was/is about.

However, the goal that Yeovil scored against Oldham 2 weeks ago was clearly about 35 yards offside!!!

aromulus
29th November 2008, 13:44
From Cebuano.....

To German......:Erm:

To football...:Erm:

:Cuckoo::Help1:

Carry on.........:ARsurrender:

PeterB
29th November 2008, 13:46
Mann koennte sich auch auf Deutsch unterhalten, es mach mir nichts aus.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mir auch nicht! ... aber Italienisch wird schwer sein!

aromulus
29th November 2008, 13:56
Mir auch nicht! ... aber Italienisch wird schwer sein!

Pfui teufel, nein.

Versuch mal Schwaebisch schwetzen....???:Erm:

aromulus
29th November 2008, 14:08
I think they're trying to outdo the Welsh. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dim ciarad Cymraeg....:omg:

Alan
29th November 2008, 15:14
Je ne sais pas au sujet de ce qu'est toute l'agitation !

What are we going to do now?

lavander
29th November 2008, 15:18
Pfui teufel, nein.

denken Sie über mich ein Anfänger mit der deutschen Sprache .. danach ist interessant. :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
29th November 2008, 15:51
Je ne sais pas au sujet de ce qu'est toute l'agitation !

What are we going to do now?

I am going to watch TV,Das boot on.

aromulus
29th November 2008, 17:57
denken Sie über mich ein Anfänger mit der deutschen Sprache .. danach ist interessant. :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Du siest wie eine nette maedl aus.... und kann mich immer besuchen...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lavander
30th November 2008, 01:42
Du siest wie eine nette maedl aus.... und kann mich immer besuchen...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dank-Chef :D

keithAngel
30th November 2008, 06:28
Pfui teufel, nein.

Hielang sac!!:doh (phonetics not withstanding)

Mrs.JMajor
1st December 2008, 00:13
English please :D:cwm38:

keithAngel
2nd December 2008, 09:32
English please :D:cwm38:

as rite started off as a nice fred and went daarnill innit:icon_lol:

Alan
8th March 2009, 09:32
Peanutz, dove è voi? Questo oggetto lo ha bisogno.

(Please excuse any mistakes - Italian is not really one of my languages.

islander
8th March 2009, 09:52

I wasn't too sure where to post this so if it needs moving I will appreciate that

We are also happy to assist any new arrivals in the Cebu area (nation wide if its really important)with advance house hunting, gift deliveries etc in fact if theres any little or big thing just ask.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm also from cebu. I just find this helpful to those people who wants to enhance their english skills & those who would like to learn cebuano dialect too.

This is such a nice idea! I SALUTE TO YOU GUYS!

aromulus
8th March 2009, 10:26

8/10 for trying, tho......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
8th March 2009, 10:30

8/10 for trying, tho......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Grazie amico!

keithAngel
8th March 2009, 11:21
I'm also from cebu. I just find this helpful to those people who wants to enhance their english skills & those who would like to learn cebuano dialect too.

This is such a nice idea! I SALUTE TO YOU GUYS!

Thanks for the comments Angie is very busy these days and at the end of the year we will I hope launch a stand alone primer book and dvd:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
8th March 2009, 11:24
Wow!!

wusste ich nicht, dass wir so viele deutschen Lautsprecher an hier haben!!

I spent a couple of years in and out of Regensburg when I worked with Siemens and ich erlernte ein wenig Deutsches .

I need to learn Illocano so I know what Ligaya just called me when she is chatting with her sister and friends:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

aromulus
8th March 2009, 11:25
Thanks for the comments Angie is very busy these days and at the end of the year we will I hope launch a stand alone primer book and dvd:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I really could do with something like that, because asawa ko, sometime, does me head in.....:Erm:

keithAngel
8th March 2009, 11:30
I really could do with something like that, because asawa ko, sometime, does me head in.....:Erm:

Try "Boky ko" and she will do your head in:icon_lol:

Alan
8th March 2009, 11:32
Latin seems like a piece of cake compared to Visayan. But how do I get time to learn when I am 'imprisoned' in CPILS?

keithAngel
8th March 2009, 11:37
Latin seems like a piece of cake compared to Visayan. But how do I get time to learn when I am 'imprisoned' in CPILS?

Skype lessons at the weekend or move the entire extended family in:icon_lol: