PDA

View Full Version : Brit.citizenship?

aug06_2006
7th November 2008, 15:17
Hello, i got confused need ur explaination..i just passed the Life in the UK test Nov.03 and I''l apply for ILR next year month of Sept.

My query is how to apply Brit. citizenship n what are the documents needed?

vbkelly
7th November 2008, 15:44
Hello, i got confused need ur explaination..i just passed the Life in the UK test Nov.03 and I''l apply for ILR next year month of Sept.

hi lisa congratz! you are able to apply brit.citizenship if you are resident here in UK atleast 3years and not more than 90days of absences. the documents you need are you and your hubby's passport,MC,certificate of Life in the Uk test,your application form need 2referee's and the payment,and photo ID.

DianaKevy
7th November 2008, 15:51
congratulations:)

maria_and_matt
7th November 2008, 16:34
does anyone know how much it is now?

aug06_2006
7th November 2008, 17:25
hi lisa congratz! you are able to apply brit.citizenship if you are resident here in UK atleast 3years and not more than 90days of absences. the documents you need are you and your hubby's passport,MC,certificate of Life in the Uk test,your application form need 2referee's and the payment,and photo ID.

Oh, God help! another payment heheh...anyway, tnx 4 d info Bing.

aug06_2006
7th November 2008, 17:27
congratulations:)

Tnx DianaKevy!

darren-b
7th November 2008, 18:05
does anyone know how much it is now?

It's £655. That includes the cost of a group citizenship ceremony. If for some reason you can't attend one of the group citizenship ceremonies you would need to pay extra for a private citizenship ceremony.

maria_and_matt
7th November 2008, 18:07
It's £655. That includes the cost of a group citizenship ceremony. If for some reason you can't attend one of the group citizenship ceremonies you would need to pay extra for a private citizenship ceremony.

:yikes: that much, it was free when i applied

darren-b
7th November 2008, 19:21
:yikes: that much, it was free when i applied

The BIA need to get money from somewhere to cover the cost of stopping people who want to come here and work illegally...

Geraldine
7th November 2008, 21:41
Yes its £655 and Im sure that will increase in years to come. I've already booked my ceremony on 15 Jan, the soonest was 15 Dec however we might go on holiday so I've settled for next yr. They said I can have a private ceremony for a £65.:NoNo:

Congrats Lisa! Btw when you apply for citizenship, in the application form you will be asked to write down the dates when you was in/out of UK. Then you will total your days of absences and write the reason for your absence and the countries you've been. That took me awhile to do bec I need to check my passport stamp visas since I can not remember the dates and how many times we went for a holiday. You know how the immigration people, they just stamp it in different pages in your passport. If I were you I will keep note of all the dates of your travel until you apply for your citizenship.

Hi Maria, good for you u got it for free...my was that 20yrs ago? hehehe my mates here as well were surprised how much we pay for citizenship, some of them got it for free, some for less than £200. I wont be surprised if it reached £1,000:cwm24:

lizaphil
7th November 2008, 23:06

wow congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lizaphil
7th November 2008, 23:09

i think you can look for this
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/aboutcitizenship/

cheesewiz
9th November 2008, 01:43
The BIA need to get money from somewhere to cover the cost of stopping people who want to come here and work illegally...

:xxgrinning--00xx3: next year I am applying for ILR in person and will cost me £950 plus train ticket and bus fares all in all will cost me £1100 its hard to be legal immigrants:NoNo: atleast worry free:ARsurrender:

Ann07
9th November 2008, 14:30
Congrats dai for passing the test:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aug06_2006
9th November 2008, 16:01
Yes its £655 and Im sure that will increase in years to come. I've already booked my ceremony on 15 Jan, the soonest was 15 Dec however we might go on holiday so I've settled for next yr. They said I can have a private ceremony for a £65.:NoNo:

Congrats Lisa! Btw when you apply for citizenship, in the application form you will be asked to write down the dates when you was in/out of UK. Then you will total your days of absences and write the reason for your absence and the countries you've been. That took me awhile to do bec I need to check my passport stamp visas since I can not remember the dates and how many times we went for a holiday. You know how the immigration people, they just stamp it in different pages in your passport. If I were you I will keep note of all the dates of your travel until you apply for your citizenship.

Hi Maria, good for you u got it for free...my was that 20yrs ago? hehehe my mates here as well were surprised how much we pay for citizenship, some of them got it for free, some for less than £200. I wont be surprised if it reached £1,000:cwm24:

Tnx Ge, for ur advice...

aug06_2006
9th November 2008, 16:05
Congrats dai for passing the test:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Salamat Ann07 and to u lizaphil.

Ann07
9th November 2008, 16:20
Salamat Ann07 and to u lizaphil.

When will you apply for your ILR?

aug06_2006
10th November 2008, 13:50
When will you apply for your ILR?

I'll apply my ILR next year..now, i got headache na thinking bout ILR n Brit.citizenship fee hehehe!

vbkelly
10th November 2008, 15:10
Oh, God help! another payment heheh...anyway, tnx 4 d info Bing.

welcome sis lisa

Ann07
11th November 2008, 16:24
I'll apply my ILR next year..now, i got headache na thinking bout ILR n Brit.citizenship fee hehehe!

:icon_lol::icon_lol: I know ...so expensive:doh:cwm23: I will apply for ilr early next year too then few months after will be my citizenship:cwm23::cwm23::cwm23::cwm23::furious3::furious3: Another money:furious3::Brick: and more sorehead wahhhhhhhhhh