PDA

View Full Version : 1 month in london

twilight
12th November 2008, 04:25
hi guys,

i just found out this forum thru google and i wonder if this is the online community of all the pinoys in UK?

i'll be going to london this december and it will be 1st time there. i just want to ask for any travel tips, do's and don'ts, and most especially, any tips on how to survive winter?

by the way, does is there a search feature here in the forum so that i can dig thru the archive? i really need to prepare myself since i'll be going alone and i do not know anyone there yet.

thank u in advance.

mavid
12th November 2008, 07:24
Welcome Twilight!...there is a Search Button unsure if its available for newbies tho?

Travel Tips... if u want to save money...google...London For Free.
Tells you basically where you can go for free!
Customize your own Big Bus Tour for LESS using the public transport i.e. bus & underground.

Also...the Day Pass (unlimited bus,underground train & trains) is well worth it.

London Pass too..check that out. Free entrance to quite a lot of attractions... i think it was 55 attractions for less than 39 quid.

London Pass with travel... (includes the unlimited transport) 46 quid.

simplelife
12th November 2008, 07:42
Hi Twilight, Welcome to the Forum,
Tips I can give you is, instead have meals in KFC or Mc Donalds, just buy some take away from Tesco, such as sandwiches, salad and you will save a lot.

Frances
12th November 2008, 08:27
hi welcome to the forum!
I am also leaving for UK next month.

menchkin
12th November 2008, 11:10
Hello and welcome to the forum! :Hellooo:

Have a safe trip and make sure you bring thick coat to fight the cold weather here in UK.

DianaKevy
12th November 2008, 14:01
hello and welcome to the forum:) menchkin is right don't forget to bring and wear layered of clothes and thick coats.;)

IainBusby
12th November 2008, 16:54
Hi Twilight,
Welcome to the forum. :Hellooo:
Louella & Iain.

jbt
12th November 2008, 17:03
hello...welcome to the forum..:Hellooo:

Ana_may365
12th November 2008, 22:47
hi!welcome aboard:D

andypaul
13th November 2008, 00:12
Evening.

So what brings you to london to settle, holiday, study or work? How long you here a month i take it?

Helps us advise you on various matters.

Many of us on here are Brits or from other western countries.
Enjoy your stay on here and in London

amyburple
13th November 2008, 08:17
WELCOME ABOARD :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: