PDA

View Full Version : Oh my gosh, I am going again !

paulgee
12th November 2008, 15:17
We had talked about hopefully seeing one another early next year, that seemed such a long time away, and flights during the Christmas period so expensive. How time had dragged for us both since our first meeting in September.

I first flew out to see Shirley less than 3 months after meeting on line. After returning at the end of September time has dragged for us both, despite daily emails, messenger chats and phone calls.

I looked at flights, seeing the cost. Due to work commitments I could not go before the end of November, and January/February was looking unlikely for various reasons.

Today, searching the web I found cheap flights with KLM, £513, flying out 28th Nov and returning 9 December. So that was it – booked. :BouncyHappy:

After a phone call to a disbelieving (and very happy) gf now we can look forward to our second meeting, less than 3 weeks away! What joy, I felt quite choked up emotionally telling her on the phone. As a bonus I will be there to see the Fiesta celebrations in her home town. (Whatever that involves!)

When I was there in September Christmas music was playing in the Malls, what will it be like now I wonder.

There seems to be a big difference between first and second meetings I think (am I right?). When I first flew out to see Shirley neither of us could be sure if we would get on as well in person as we had done online. Now we know one another all that is behind us and we can only look forward together.

Paul

vbkelly
12th November 2008, 15:45
good for you and your gf, goodluck to both of you and have a safe journey

Frances
12th November 2008, 16:19
Wow! Good luck and have a safe journey : )

joebloggs
12th November 2008, 16:33
As a bonus I will be there to see the Fiesta celebrations in her home town. (Whatever that involves!)

that involves sacrificing a whitey and cooking them in a pot :yikes:

:D

2 visits in 6 months :xxgrinning--00xx3:, it was 2 1/2yrs of chatting b4 i met the misses for the first time :doh

great price and klm :xxgrinning--00xx3:

first time i went, i landed 5pm on xmas eve :D

benb
12th November 2008, 16:47
Today, searching the web I found cheap flights with KLM, £513, flying out 28th Nov and returning 9 December. So that was it – booked. :BouncyHappy:

Fantastic deal! :xxgrinning--00xx3: have the prices come down? :Erm:

Enjoy! I presume you have met Shirley' family and friends.

Best wishes,

keithAngel
12th November 2008, 16:55
that involves sacrificing a whitey and cooking them in a pot :yikes:

:D

2 visits in 6 months :xxgrinning--00xx3:, it was 2 1/2yrs of chatting b4 i met the misses for the first time :doh

great price and klm :xxgrinning--00xx3:

first time i went, i landed 5pm on xmas eve :D

which saved you ...temporarily from Christmas decorations in july

KeithD
12th November 2008, 17:13
.....I will be there to see the Fiesta celebrations in her home town. (Whatever that involves!)....
Take plenty of Vaseline :rolleyes:

keithAngel
13th November 2008, 03:35
Take plenty of Vaseline :rolleyes:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

A tee shirt with "I,m handsome ......but taken" can be a godsend too:D

alicat
13th November 2008, 09:06
goodluck and have a safe trip.

LEAHnew
13th November 2008, 12:05
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Great News..Have a safe trip:xxgrinning--00xx3:

paulgee
13th November 2008, 12:24
Thanks for the tee shirt tip Keith. It made me realise that last time I was out in Phil never once did I walk alone out and about anywhere, I always had my gf with me. So no chance of me being 'taken' by anyone else! Is this what a Filipina does when she has her bf out with her, not letting him out of her sight, I would not be surprised.

Thanks everyone for the good luck messages, and ... errr ... thanks for the vaseline advice - I think!!

Paul

reginacarlson
13th November 2008, 12:35
Wow 2 weeks to go! :REDancedancer08: You and your gf must be very excited and counting the days non-stop! Have a safe trip and enjoy your 2nd visit to the Philippines :D

maria_and_matt
13th November 2008, 13:59
wow i bet she is excited to see you again.. fiesta just involves lots and lots of food! have fun, enjoy our country, you will find it so different to our days leading up to xnas :BouncyHappy:

tiN
14th November 2008, 18:41
Wow, have safe trip "kabalen" :)