PDA

View Full Version : this site as an inspiration

katie37pinayuk
14th November 2008, 13:48
May I share my story to this site. I have joined this forum early this year. I had a warm welcome from almost everyone. I found it interesting and intriguing. But I noticed most of the members are ‘lovebirds’ and the most talked about visa is either the spouse or fiancée which I am not familiar and cannot relate with. However, I continued logging in as I was amazed by the love stories, how people met and all the circumstances and difficulties encountered …two people of completely different background (I meant belief, tradition, culture, language, etc.) and would fly across the world to be with their newfound love. I viewed the threads and messages with admiration.

In the past, it didn’t bother me being alone for a long time, well, 3 years is, specially being and working in a foreign country. I enjoyed the independence (after my separation from my Filipino husband), being able to support myself and my 2 children and help out my family when I can, go out with friends to have fun only when I want to. I came across this forum as I wanted to have Filipino friends online who are in the UK, who maybe I can visit or be with on long weekends and holidays. The more I get addicted reading the stories here, i felt loneliness and the longing of having a special someone. So I started dating, I said yes to invites. However, it seemed I have to set out what I was looking for. I joined a couple of dating sites, met a few in person…but its either ‘he’ was too proud of himself, or ‘he’ was too young, or ‘he’ was too mature for me, or ‘he’ looked like a player. I thought, enough of the searching…or maybe there was something wrong with me. Until a Filipina friend asked me to meet her colleague. I was reluctant at first. Anyway, I thought it would be another free fine dining. There was no chemistry, or any thunderbolt (lol). And he’s got 3 teenagers and most of all, still friends with his ex-wife. But we met again. And then again…in Morden…and I was enjoying it while he was trying the Pork BBQ, Pancit, Halo-halo, San Miguel Beer and most specially the Chicharon Bulaklak. It was a big challenge for him. To cut it short…I have fallen in love. He is like a dream come true and that’s scaring me, as there is no such perfection in a relationship.

This forum made me get jealous, envious and has pushed me to take the risk again and I’m thankful for that. I apologise for this lengthy letter. I got carried away.

IainBusby
14th November 2008, 13:53
Nice to see you got there in the end Katie. :love18::love::love18:
Louella & Iain.

katie37pinayuk
14th November 2008, 14:21
yes after the searching and the waiting. things happen for a reason. thanks Ian :)

Ann07
14th November 2008, 15:11
hi katie, nice story :)

Ana_may365
14th November 2008, 15:43
all the best katie!

katie37pinayuk
14th November 2008, 15:51
hi katie, nice story :)

thanks Ann07 and i hope the story never ends :D

katie37pinayuk
14th November 2008, 15:52
all the best katie!

thank Ana_may365. wish you the same:)

aromulus
14th November 2008, 15:54
See.......???

All good things come to you if you wait.........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
14th November 2008, 15:56
See.......???

Must be a great Xmas present of you this year then as I got :furious3: all last year! :D

katie37pinayuk
14th November 2008, 16:01
See.......???

i believe you..but i've been through...

thanks

tiN
14th November 2008, 18:26
Goodluck for ur new found love, wish u all the best:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

missmiles
14th November 2008, 18:32
Nice story you got there :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

chris40
14th November 2008, 18:34
thats a nice story and may you never be lonely again too, good luck

jbt
14th November 2008, 19:12
hello katie....nice story...best wishes to both of you...:)

katie37pinayuk
14th November 2008, 20:49
Goodluck for ur new found love, wish u all the best:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks. i never thought i'd meet my knight in shining armour :)

tiger@tigress
14th November 2008, 22:32
:BouncyHappy:hope everything went well...:Hellooo:

LEAHnew
16th November 2008, 10:03
:Hellooo:Nice to hear your story Katie:cwm38:
Goodluck and keep the love in your heart:xxgrinning--00xx3:

all the best,
Leah