PDA

View Full Version : Iraq asks Philippines to lift ban on migrant workers

Win2Win
15th November 2008, 13:30
Iraq is asking the Philippines to lift a ban on the deployment of Filipino workers there because it needs as many as 10 million foreign workers for infrastructure projects, a diplomat said Saturday.

More... (http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?rid=19559239cat=0267775d6f1c3971)

andypaul
15th November 2008, 19:25
Wow 10 million thats the entire OFW workforce.

Might be a few less that make it back when the contract is up thou.

joebloggs
15th November 2008, 20:44
at least the phil gov cares about it's people.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

my misses brother went to Dubai on a visitor visa, he found a job, and had to leave Dubai for Iran :yikes: while his employer applied for a work permit for him, he was lucky, his employer got him a work permit within 5 days, but some other Filipinos at the same hotel had been waiting 45 days :yikes:, many had been scammed by their employers, who didn't apply for a work permit, and were flown back home by the phils gov.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
15th November 2008, 20:54
You sure the airlines didn't have to fly them back?

I think thats why the airlines check visas sometimes more than the passport controls.

Also if Dubai started banning or blocking phills entering the country due to Phill or the airlines not deporting the overstayers then phills in general might have a tough time in dubai. Which would affect a lot of phill people who tranist though the airport.

Sorrry to sound cynical but i dont think the phill goverment do anything unless its for their own gain.

joebloggs
15th November 2008, 21:27
they were not in Dubai, but left Dubai for Iran, to wait for their visa's, i would have thought they wouldn't be allowed back in Dubai as their visitor visa would have expired. so don't be too cynical Andy, the phils gov told their workers to get out of Iraq. also I've read a few warning from the phils gov about scams etc..

baboyako
15th November 2008, 22:34
the missues has a stamp 'not valid for iraq' in her passport.

maybe you must pay some :REGamblMoney01HL1:to get a passport without that :Erm:

andypaul
15th November 2008, 22:41
they were not in Dubai, but left Dubai for Iran, to wait for their visa's, i would have thought they wouldn't be allowed back in Dubai as their visitor visa would have expired. so don't be too cynical Andy, the phils gov told their workers to get out of Iraq. also I've read a few warning from the phils gov about scams etc..

From what i remeber it was due to the fact it didn't want any hostages being taken after they had a tragic case. Many other countries in Asia did the same.

The british goverment does the same regarding scams and travel warnings but i dont feel much warmth for them:rolleyes:

Come to think of it the brits fly people out of danger zones and i still dont feel any warmth for them:D

andypaul
15th November 2008, 22:41

maybe you must pay some :REGamblMoney01HL1:to get a passport without that :Erm:

No Shopping malls of any decent level so the Wifes not intrested:D

Jay&Zobel
26th November 2008, 21:06
:Erm:

hehe ive got my passport stamped with that too...

I have a query:
My friend is applying for a visitor's visa in Singapore but she is intending to work there... Is that possible even if she is in visitor's visa? Dodgy!

Apparently, lots of Filipinos are doing this... They apply for visitor's visa then look for work once they are there... Isn't that just taking a big risk? Knowing what is unknown? But isn't this illegal? But if so, why is it still there are lots of agencies in the PI doing this type of transactions?

We already have forewarned her but she really is going ahead with it no matter what...

Thanks